Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Homeland is a warm mess

Load Metric
    It's improving. They didn't get rid of Quinn, but at least he isn't despondent and listening to talk radio and seems to be going back to assassinating folks. The Quinn plot is kind of becoming like the Fugitive, only the fugitive is the gimp in this scenario.

This is clearly all leading up to a big scene where Quinn confronts Dar Dal and all the sexual abuse stuff comes up. Then Dar convinces Quinn to drop the gun, only to pull out a gun on Quinn, but then Carrie or Sal come out from behind a doorway and shoot Dar Dal.
    Last edited by GringoStar; 03-15-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Load Metric
    In a show that predicated its existence on exploring the morally ambiguous grottos of national security, they are really bending over backwards to paint Dar as a supervillain.

Which does them no favors on the artistry front.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    In a show that predicated its existence on exploring the morally ambiguous grottos of national security, they are really bending over backwards to paint Dar as a supervillain.

Which does them no favors on the artistry front.
    This is true. Lt. Brody's passing left a huge vacuum in the moral ambiguity department that has yet to be properly filled. They are trying with Quinn, but I actually cheered when he socked that German cunt in the gut.

Load Metric
    Good points Ringo, mind you my sympathy for Quinn was lacking...as I watched the guy start shooting at him and Astrid it dawned on me, there was a time when THAT was Quinn! And but for his situation he would still be doing it.

Therefore my desire for him to "make it" is lacking. Help aid in exposing Dar, sure but his life, worthless.

Load Metric
    this used to be a leftist humanitarian show about intelligence work.

its now a show about how the intelligence community is an unstoppable reality subjugating enslavement industry trying to delegitimize a democratically elected maverick, being shown at a time when the intelligence community is uncovering high treason on the part of a democratically elected reality tv star whose chief of staff just ordered the legislative branch to suspend their duties and endorse a ruinous policy so they can implement tax cuts for the wealthy.

ergo ipso, my comments about how they should have seriously yanked this greasy hunk of shit off the air and tire fire'd it.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    lucky for me the last season of girls is AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

Load Metric
    just watched the last 2 episodes. the Cary at the shrink 2 episodes ago intro. tilted me. I kept fast forwarding and it went on and on and on. 5-6 minutes of her nervous twitch and shrink BS.

also, they seem to move back and forth from NY to DC in the blink of an eye. Since when is the foreign spy capitol of the world NY? the CIA is in McLean! there are a few moments of enjoyment and then these crazy writers just puke over all sense of reality constantly..... ok rant over, for now.

Comments

sonatine: honestly the show is frustrating

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Good points Ringo, mind you my sympathy for Quinn was lacking...as I watched the guy start shooting at him and Astrid it dawned on me, there was a time when THAT was Quinn! And but for his situation he would still be doing it.

Therefore my desire for him to "make it" is lacking. Help aid in exposing Dar, sure but his life, worthless.
    the destruction of killing machine Quinn is still irritating me. it all started going downhill for his character with the hefty landlord lady friend....

Load Metric
    The hefty part did him in, character assassination lol no pun intended.

Load Metric
    outrageously clumsy garbage but it was nice of them to give a token nod to graham greene despite yet again stealing a pivotal scene from Tinker Tailor.

Load Metric
    it should have ended with a jogger double tapping carrie in the base of the skull in the park.

that would have been an ending.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Just because I do not agree with you does not make me small handed or moronic.

If you feel homeland will influence the actual country then you also believe the world is flat and no one I mean no one.....wait one second, ok at least one guy this week believes that.

Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    haven't looked at the homeland thread cause i just got caught up, but this season is incredible and is singlehandedly making me question everything we hear from intelligence agencies.

like the whole assad gassing civilians in a war he's winning just doesn't make any logical sense. not saying it didn't happen cause he might be that stupid or maybe rogue generals, etc., but dar adal is at least making me question it.

wow.

Load Metric
    wow x 2

Load Metric
    Name:  AstonishingSeparateIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif
Views: 305
Size:  3.18 MB

Comments

sonatine: ive been sending this video to literally everyone who hasnt blocked my phone #

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Can someone explain the Quinn Dar love story? Did Dar sexually abuse him? Was Quinn the bottom?

Is Dar gay? I dont get it.

Load Metric
    dar is gay, which is an exceedingly ham fisted nod to le carre's 'bill haydon' at the end of the day.

peter was in an orphanage and/or living on the streets, hustling, when dar cruised him and then recruited him.

Load Metric
    quinn is a power bottom, he generates the power by doing most of the work.

Comments

OSA: life imitating "art"

Load Metric
    I was getting ready to watch last two episodes last night on spring break in Mexico. Amazon pulls out a country restriction on me. You can't use amazon prime video in Mexico ! Grrr.

Load Metric
    oh boy. this has to be the last season. the last 2 episodes take ridiculous to a new level.

Load Metric
    season 7 is signed and carrie is going back to the CIA.

also fun fact quinn was supposed to die in that hospital in berlin but they wrote him back in once the show was renewed. because the writers are whores.

Comments

Sol: TINE IS GOD

Thread Information