Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Homeland is a warm mess

Load Metric
    honestly im just .... not fucking interested in quinn being brain damaged and carrie not giving him credit or believing him or whatever the fuck. its just boring to me.

this show used to be more than a sloppy romantic drama.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I agree, missing the espionage/secret dark ops missions and decision, internal battles for power and oh ya the stuff that made the show interest...Carrie can jump anyone she wants as long as she needs to save the world most of the time. This mommy I love the liberals now BS and Quinn being useless to the point he cannot defend himself is just sad and depressing. Someone needs to plan a terror attack on that show and quick.

Load Metric
    exactly, i miss tradecraft.

the early shows were very oblique but deliberate homages to JLC and the rest of the great spy authors.

this is a deeply unpleasant soap opera, literally nothing more.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    uhhhh this show is garbage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    honestly im just .... not fucking interested in quinn being brain damaged and carrie not giving him credit or believing him or whatever the fuck. its just boring to me.

yes yes yes. ugh, just watched first two episodes. if quinn can't kill what is the point? i am still tilted every time this show drags the stupid soap opera stuff into the show. who can forget that whiney teenager from the earlier story line, the ridiculous escape to canada and then ending up in Brazil somehow. concept is great, but ugh, painful what these writers do to us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post

yes yes yes. ugh, just watched first two episodes. if quinn can't kill what is the point? i am still tilted every time this show drags the stupid soap opera stuff into the show. who can forget that whiney teenager from the earlier story line, the ridiculous escape to canada and then ending up in Brazil somehow. concept is great, but ugh, painful what these writers do to us.

real talk quinn was the only character that ever did anything interesting and i guess thats over now?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    who can forget

just saying, for me, nothing will come close to the scene where the heal cia director hands over a list of all cia assets in pakistan to literally the terminator of all terrorists, then in the next scene he is literally and i mean 100% literally cracking open a brew with carrie and pals like 'man what a day amirite?'.

Load Metric
    thing is, im bored.

Load Metric
    im guessing peter kills dal and the writers are like "LOL ITS AN HOMAGE TO TINKER TAILOR LIGHTEN UP"

Diamond
    Load Metric
    im guessing peter kills dal and the writers are like "LOL ITS AN HOMAGE TO TINKER TAILOR LIGHTEN UP"
    I have no clue wtf the fuck is going on bro. Please help me. Carrie and her daughter is the most useless storyline, I feel traumatized watching Peter on the screen. Half the time I don't know if he's acting or is it supposed to be the damage from that poison.

Load Metric
    this show is seriously turning camp.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Am I the only one who just realized that Dar Adal is Omar Suarez in Scarface:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Am I the only one who just realized that Dar Adal is Omar Suarez in Scarface:

His imdb resume is fucking outrageous, confirmed legend.

Load Metric
    this is some of the worst writing on tv.

Load Metric
    also this episode was 41m 25s long.

also going to air with a plot about how the cia is running lethal black ops against an elected maverick president with her own ideas on the future of our country seems tone deaf if not outright irresponsible.

Load Metric
    Irresponsible, its a tv show.

Do you think the actual CIA will watch Homeland and get an idea LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Irresponsible, its a tv show.

Do you think the actual CIA will watch Homeland and get an idea LOL

is this larry or mumbles?

anyone?

Load Metric
    Just because I do not agree with you does not make me small handed or moronic.

If you feel homeland will influence the actual country then you also believe the world is flat and no one I mean no one.....wait one second, ok at least one guy this week believes that.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Just watched latest epi and unless im mistaken...

SPOILERS....

Dar planned a terrorist attack on his home country in NYC?

Load Metric
    OK watched yesterdays episode and yes clearly Dar (apparently) is the man behind the bomb, president elect hostage taking at a safe house, killing FBI agent, making Carrie look bad, back stabbing Saul... any way at this point speed this shizzle up, making this a cliff hanger 4 episodes is killing me.

Thread Information