Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Homeland is a warm mess

Load Metric
    I am officially out; it's been borderline unwatchable for awhile but last night's....just fuck.

Things I remember:

-Duck from 'Mad Men' successfully tailing a CIA agent and stealing some pics undetected. No big deal though, she went all by herself of course. We're in tits or gtfo mode with Farrah/Amirah, whatever by now. Cool American accent though. Also tits or gtfo with ISI terror lady.

-Drone technology is apparently so advanced that we can make out individual facial grimaces from the sky. Saul's distress grimace was LOL.

-Quinn's apparent recovery from PTSD has turned him from a once good character to a completely horrible one.

-Once terrorist guy shoots brown kid in the head, Carrie loses her mind and wants to blow up Bohemian looking terrorist, Saul be damned.

Load Metric
    omfg this show.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I am officially out; it's been borderline unwatchable for awhile but last night's....just fuck.

Things I remember:

-Duck from 'Mad Men' successfully tailing a CIA agent and stealing some pics undetected. No big deal though, she went all by herself of course. We're in tits or gtfo mode with Farrah/Amirah, whatever by now. Cool American accent though. Also tits or gtfo with ISI terror lady.

-Drone technology is apparently so advanced that we can make out individual facial grimaces from the sky. Saul's distress grimace was LOL.

-Quinn's apparent recovery from PTSD has turned him from a once good character to a completely horrible one.

-Once terrorist guy shoots brown kid in the head, Carrie loses her mind and wants to blow up Bohemian looking terrorist, Saul be damned.

maybe read War & Peace again if you're so fucking bored

Comments

shortbuspoker: take a nap and detox for a while

Load Metric
    Wow

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    omfg this show.

omfg your daily life glued to the internet and your television

Comments

nunbeater: Calm down last action hero

Load Metric
    I will stick my head above the parapet and say I enjoyed last weeks episode and the series overall - if I worried too much about plotholes in drama's i'd be struggling to find anything to watch.

Load Metric
    Aaaaand renewed for 12 more episodes today.

Hopefully all of them involve swarthy terrorists banging their wives while Saul weeps in chains in the corner.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Aaaaand renewed for 12 more episodes today.

Hopefully all of them involve swarthy terrorists banging their wives while Saul weeps in chains in the corner.
    I fully support turning Saul into Theon from Game of Thrones, bro.

I legit have no idea what happened in the last 10 minutes of that ep.

Load Metric
    HAHA And with that, Homeland basically gives the fuck up:

Homeland is jumping two and a half years into the future and will most likely take place in Germany for its fifth season. "We are going to be shooting the show in Europe, probably in Germany, and Carrie will no longer be an intelligence officer," said Alex Gansa, one of the co-creators of the show, at Friday night's PaleyFest in Los Angeles. Claire Danes, who plays lead Carrie Mathison joked, "I'll be making beer." Don't expect her just to be a bored hausfrau, though. "Carrie is always most alive in situations that are duplicitous," said Gansa. Fellow executive producer Alex Cary added, "Carrie is a little nutty, but she’s right most of the time." So, hausfrau/spy?

Load Metric
    HAHA And with that, Homeland basically gives the fuck up:

Homeland is jumping two and a half years into the future and will most likely take place in Germany for its fifth season. "We are going to be shooting the show in Europe, probably in Germany, and Carrie will no longer be an intelligence officer," said Alex Gansa, one of the co-creators of the show, at Friday night's PaleyFest in Los Angeles. Claire Danes, who plays lead Carrie Mathison joked, "I'll be making beer." Don't expect her just to be a bored hausfrau, though. "Carrie is always most alive in situations that are duplicitous," said Gansa. Fellow executive producer Alex Cary added, "Carrie is a little nutty, but she’s right most of the time." So, hausfrau/spy?
    The new Veronica Moser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Peter Quinn is still God I guess but really and truly this show is terrible.

That hacking sequence was basically a collection of nominally relevant SEO terms and visual cliches and they clearly arent sure what the word 'encrypted' means.

And speaking of cliches....:

everything else on the fucking show.

Load Metric
    Peter Quinn is still God I guess but really and truly this show is terrible.

That hacking sequence was basically a collection of nominally relevant SEO terms and visual cliches and they clearly arent sure what the word 'encrypted' means.

And speaking of cliches....:

everything else on the fucking show.
    Thank god they got rid of that mutant baby though.

Comments

vegas1369: This

Lannister: Didn't watch homeland
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    So yeah, apparently everyone hates Homeland, not just us:

Arabian Street Artists Got "Homeland Is Racist" Graffiti onto Show's Latest Episode

Brendan O'Connor
    Filed to: THE SITUATION IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED10/14/15 10:45pm
    Arabian Street Artists Got "Homeland Is Racist" Graffiti onto Show's Latest Episode

In June, three Cairo-based street artists were approached by a production company to make the set of a refugee camp on hit Showtime series Homeland feel more authentic. Instead of putting up some pro-President Bashar al-Assad nonsense, though, they filled the walls with puns and clever transliterations.

According to the Washington Post, the production company first reached out to an artist known as Stone to help find “Arabian street artists” assist with the set. But nobody wanted to participated “because of their political standpoints,” one of the artists, Heba Amin, said. And so they thought, “What if we could use this as an opportunity to be subversive, to make a point with it?”

In a statement released Wednesday, the three artists—Heba Amin, Stone, and Caram Kapp—write that they were given images of pro-Assad graffiti (“apparently natural in a Syrian refugee camp”) as inspiration:

Our instructions were: (1) the graffiti has to be apolitical (2) you cannot copy the images because of copyright infringement (3) writing “Mohamed is the greatest, is okay of course”. We would arm ourselves with slogans, with proverbs allowing for critical interpretation, and, if the chance presented itself, blatant criticism directed at the show. And so, it came to be.
    But Homeland, Amin told the Post, relies upon “inaccurate, undifferentiated and highly biased depiction of Arabs, Pakistanis, and Afghans.”

“It’s very important for us to address the idea that this kind of stereotyping is very dangerous because it helps form people’s perceptions of an entire region, a huge region, which in turn affects foreign policy,” Amin said. “It was a way to claim back our image.”

In their statement, the artists said the decoration had to be completed in two days in time for filming on the third:

Set designers were too frantic to pay any attention to us; they were busy constructing a hyper-realistic set that addressed everything from the plastic laundry pins to the frayed edges of outdoor plastic curtains. It looked veryMiddle Eastern and the summer sun and heat helped heighten that illusion. In their eyes, Arabic script is merely a supplementary visual that completes the horror-fantasy of the Middle East, a poster image dehumanizing an entire region to human-less figures in black burkas and moreover, this season, to refugees. The show has thus created a chain of causality with Arabs at its beginning and as its outcome- their own victims and executioners at the same time. As was briefly written on the walls of a make-believe Syrian refugee camp in a former Futterphosphatfabrik (animal feed plant) in the outskirts of Berlin, the situation is not to be trusted- الموضوع فيه أن.
    From the Post:

Phrases that made it onto the set, according to the artists’ photos, include: “Homeland is NOT a series;” “Homeland is watermelon;” and “This show does not represent the views of the artists.”

Other slogans contain cultural references, including #BlackLivesMatter, Amin said. In the phrase “Homeland is racist,” the word used for “homeland” could be interpreted a different way, Amin said. In another instance, the artists used a transliterated word for “homeland.”
    As a Hezbollah commander leads Claire Danes through a refugee camp in Lebanon, behind them on a wall, in Arabic, is scrawled, “Homeland is racist.”

“We discovered that no one was paying attention or even asking what we were writing,” Amin told the Post. “Initially, we started writing the proverbs, and then we realized we could write whatever we wanted.”

The episode aired Sunday.

Load Metric
    Seen Quinn using a British accent in a British movie the other day.. Quick search says he is actually British (illusion ruined)

Movie also held a prominent role for this fella from Bloodline

(Also had a British accent)

But this fucker is actually Australian.

Movie is called "Starred Up" and worth a watch.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    As for Homeland S4. It's like they replaced the writer halfway through. I've never seen a show turn to shit so fast.

Carrie about to shoot that terrorist with his head stuck out the roof of the car.... but bailing because prominent CIA bearded guy was sat in the back - Apparently not concerned about being caught on a camera phone or w/e.

Truly awful batch of episodes.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Also the fact that no one would notice shes got a fucking pistol in her hand is just phenomenally bad writing.

And this season is really no better. Its even less subtle and more clumsy/obvious/predictable than any of the previous.

What they fucking need to do is kill Claire Danes before the only plot line left for her involves a space station judo fight to the death with Putin.

Load Metric
    I know there was a Walking Dead thread, but couldn't find it.

Anyone watching? I decided to wait until it gets to Netflix. Last year I watched on Sunday nights. I have pretty low expectations at this point.

I liked the spin off more than the last 3 seasons of TWD.

Load Metric
    premier episode of new season released early.

if your response is 'who the fuck cares...', take yourself a victory lap.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    premier episode of new season released early.

if your response is 'who the fuck cares...', take yourself a victory lap.

Official episode tonight. Why watch? Cause watching Claire Danes is fucking amazing.

Load Metric
    Meh, watched because I have all these years, not a great one, Quinn is a mess, Carrie is moody, Saul is Saul " we need you"....blah blah blah episode 2 next week.

Comments

sonatine: cosigned

Thread Information