BNP is this for real?

Detroit is 165% of national average.

NYC & Boston look like a bargain.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  223.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't live in Detroit so I couldn't tell you if it really is that much more but has to be some because it's the ghetto.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Probably true, because of a much higher rate of theft and vandalism.

That's why Vegas is up there, too. For awhile Vegas led the nation in theft and vandalism of cars.

Load Metric
    I'm not sure if this is a factor, but Detroit is loaded with fly by night insurers. Most of the reputable insurance companies are reluctant to offer reasonable rates in Detroit.

Load Metric
    Other article indicate most of Michigan pays through the nose.

No matter whose rankings you check, Detroit has the highest car insurance rates of any American city. Other Michiganders also pay relatively high rates –

A dozen states, including Michigan, use a no-fault system of auto insurance. In these states, drivers’ insurance policies cover the prompt reimbursement of medical expenses for the drivers’ own injuries and damages in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.

Unlike any other state, however,Michigan doesn’t set a cap on the benefits claimants can receive from no-fault payouts. Those injured in a car accident – whether drivers, passengers or pedestrians – are entitled to unlimited, lifetime benefits for conditions related to their injury.

Load Metric
    10K, that seems reasonable.

I won't bother posting what I pay because it may be too depressing for the American posters.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I won't bother posting what I pay because it may be too depressing for the American posters.
    I pay less than $1500/year for full coverage on two 2014 vehicles (Silverado and Traverse)
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I pay about $800 a year now insurance for my vehicle. I have never had an accident my fault. I also now have credit scores well north of 720 now. Believe it or not, credit score is a big influence of your insurance policy.

My insurance agent basically told me a few months ago I am about the lowest risk possible and reside in the upper 10% of insured vehicles.

Despite my best instincts I am considering buying a home in 2015 (although I believe renting is best, however things change in life). Here again mortgage agents are telling me the same thing in that I can get the best possible loan at the lowest possible interest rate. Basically my risk ratio to lenders is non existent.
    Last edited by Seth; 10-26-2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo, meant risk

Bronze
    Load Metric
    DELETED FROM NET

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I pay less than $1500/year for full coverage on two 2014 vehicles (Silverado and Traverse)
    I still won't reveal what I pay because it may cause depression on the board.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Are you Quebec?

In Quebec, injury claims are covered by a government program.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Are you Quebec?

No, I live in Newfoundland West aka, Alberta. There's a cap on personal injury here too but my rates were low before they brought that in too.

Just for reference, I had 3 vehicles, 2 newer & an old beater, & 2 daughters both under 25 with their own brand new cars covered under my policy & I paid in the neighborhood of what jsearles22 posted. The 3 that the ladies drove were all fully covered & the 1 I drove as well as the beater were just PLPD.

My daughters are now on their own so I pay much, much less now.

I always laughed at the insurance they asked you to pay for a rental car in Vegas because, as a daily rate, it worked out to be stupid & why would anyone pay that but it seems it might be a bargain for some people after seeing the list in the OP.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 10-26-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Here in Uk I pay equivalent of 500 dollars a year.

My wife who has only just passed her driving test pays 900.

Mind you, we pay more for fuel.

But, fuck do your insurance companies rape you, even allowing for you being shit drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Are you Quebec?

No, I live in Newfoundland West aka, Alberta. There's a cap on personal injury here too but my rates were low before they brought that in too.

Just for reference, I had 3 vehicles, 2 newer & an old beater, & 2 daughters both under 25 with their own brand new cars covered under my policy & I paid in the neighborhood of what jsearles22 posted. The 3 that the ladies drove were all fully covered & the 1 I drove as well as the beater were just PLPD.

My daughters are now on their own so I pay much, much less now.

I always laughed at the insurance they asked you to pay for a rental car in Vegas because, as a daily rate, it worked out to be stupid & why would anyone pay that but it seems it might be a bargain for some people after seeing the list in the OP.
    Actualy, that's known as the CDW (collision damage waiver), and it's a huge money maker for the rental car companies. It is not representative of US insurance rates, nor is it even traditional insurance.

Rental companies figured out that, by selling this supplemental insurance by the day (rather than by 6 months or a year), they could charge super-high rates which would look misleadingly reasonable when broken down by the day.

So while $20/day doesn't sound too bad when you hear it protects you from liability for damaging the car you're driving, when you multiply it out and realize that's a $7300 collision-only policy, all of a sudden it looks terrible (which it is).

Even worse, many credit cards give you this same coverage for free.

Despite this, I see idiot after idiot taking this CDW when I rent cars.

The employees at rental places love it because they often get a commission for selling it. I get angry looks from them when I cut off their sales pitch and say, "Actually, I want to decline all extras".

In 2001, I met a girl off Yahoo who was recently divorced. She was 27 years old and had been with the guy since high school. He was the only one she had ever dated prior to me. She was really, really, into me, and in fact gave me a blow job in some mini-mall parking lot on the first date. After that night, she was repeatedly messaging me how much fun she had and wanted to know when I could see her again. She lived like 90 miles from me, so it was a pain in the ass. I went to go see her the following weekend, and the subject of the CDW came up. Why on earth would we discuss this on the second date? She worked at Enterprise, so it popped into my head how much I hated the CDW, and I figured she would agree with me how it was basically a huge gouging of the customer and an awful deal, especially because she was a fairly smart girl and I figured she had to know it was terrible.

But no.

She got visibly angry when I expressed my disdain for the CDW. She kept trying to argue with me that it was "only $9 and covers everything", and when I wouldn't back down and tell her that she was right, it got her even angrier. I asked her how much she paid for auto insurance, and then I broke it down to a daily rate, which was much less than $9. I pointed out that her auto insurance covered liability, collision, and several other things, while the CDW only covered collision. Then I asked her how the CDW could be a good deal if it's a lot more expensive and covers less. She got really flustered and I could tell that I wouldn't be getting another blow job on this date.

Needless to say, we never saw each other again.

I wish I could say that the above story was made up, but sadly this really happened.

Comments

Hockey Guy: lol. So you'd rather argue about CDW insurance than get a BJ?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Actualy, that's known as the CDW (collision damage waiver), and it's a huge money maker for the rental car companies. It is not representative of US insurance rates, nor is it even traditional insurance.

Rental companies figured out that, by selling this supplemental insurance by the day (rather than by 6 months or a year), they could charge super-high rates which would look misleadingly reasonable when broken down by the day.

So while $20/day doesn't sound too bad when you hear it protects you from liability for damaging the car you're driving, when you multiply it out and realize that's a $7300 collision-only policy, all of a sudden it looks terrible (which it is).

Even worse, many credit cards give you this same coverage for free.

Despite this, I see idiot after idiot taking this CDW when I rent cars.

The employees at rental places love it because they often get a commission for selling it. I get angry looks from them when I cut off their sales pitch and say, "Actually, I want to decline all extras".

I totally undersatnd all of this & agree with everything you've said but I have 1 question for you:

Who the fuck in their right mind goes up to the fucking counter to get hassled into buying this stupid CDW insurance?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Thread Information