Thread: American Vice -- Another Cheap Documentary On Gambling -- About to Start on CNBC -- 11 PM Est

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

American Vice -- Another Cheap Documentary On Gambling -- About to Start on CNBC -- 11 PM Est

Looks about the same level of good as their tout show and the one on underground poker.

http://www.cnbcprime.com/american-vice/

http://www.gambling911.com/gambling-...ld-022715.html

Last edited by bukowski72; 03-09-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    LOL...it is horrible...fake....complete bullshit....but enjoy.

Load Metric
    Yeah, CNBC is really shitting the bed on these gambling shows. The worst part is I had to set my DVR for it like 4 times before I actually got it. It's listed, I set DVR, and then it's some cooking competition or American Greed rerun. Finally got it, skimmed through it, but it was just so bad.

I'm convinced you really can't make a gambling show that's interesting to gamblers because they can't focus on the part that's actually interesting. When the bookie starts talking about laying off his action in Costa Rica, if he could get into detail, it would be somewhat interesting. But they won't go into detail for obvious reasons, and you're left with a bunch of bad Soprano's extras trying to sound sophisticated.

You can't make crime shows in real time when it's going on. Something like American Greed is interesting because the guys are already doing 20 year sentences and you can break down the mechanism of the shit they pull off. These gambling shows just end up being some greasy fucker bragging about how much he's making with a bunch of vague nonsense.

Comments

Sanlmar: The same idiotic infotainment is available 9:30-4:00weekdays

Load Metric
    Watched it last week. The poker games in these things are always ridiculously lol. If I remember correctly they are raking black chips in a 10/25 or 25/50 game.

Load Metric
    Yeah I saw this last week. The dude was describing how he was raking like $20 a hand in a 10/20 NL game. Nuff said.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    saw it last week too and can confirm it's utter shit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

You can't make crime shows in real time when it's going on. Something like American Greed is interesting because the guys are already doing 20 year sentences and you can break down the mechanism of the shit they pull off. These gambling shows just end up being some greasy fucker bragging about how much he's making with a bunch of vague nonsense.
    Ya they had one on Nat Geo I saw about a month ago and they had some old italian dude hitting the bag in the gym bragging about how much he makes and how he cant be stopped etc...

Like if this is real why do these guys expose themselves?

Same with Drugs inc..

Thread Information