Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: JFK never should have been President

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

So if that's all true, how are they gonna vote?
    Because voting is done for free locally, by design. I would imagine the entirety of this board lives closer to their local polling station than their local DMV.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

So if that's all true, how are they gonna vote?
    Because voting is done for free locally, by design. I would imagine the entirety of this board lives closer to their local polling station than their local DMV.
    I like how you didnt do the full quote intentionally, thereby avoiding the facts that the "all" I referenced also included the fact that they couldnt afford to take off work, nor could they afford transportation if they could somehow get off of work. All jobs are required to allow you off of work to vote, but they dont have to pay you for it. They also dont have to provide you transportation. So my point still stands. If the supposed hurdles preventing someone from getting an ID are so insurmountable (LOL), then I presume those same hurdles would prevent them from voting would they not?

Comments

manowar: 2 points jsearles. keep up the fight kid

rum dick: you arent missed
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Funny thing is you really think it matters who ever side is in office, its all a fucking hustle anyways.

Comments

vegas1369: This man knows politics.

Load Metric
    And you should have never been born
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Funny thing is you really think it matters who ever side is in office, its all a fucking hustle anyways.
    This is true, if voting really mattered, they wouldn't let us do it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

I like how you didnt do the full quote intentionally, thereby avoiding the facts that the "all" I referenced also included the fact that they couldnt afford to take off work, nor could they afford transportation if they could somehow get off of work. All jobs are required to allow you off of work to vote, but they dont have to pay you for it. They also dont have to provide you transportation. So my point still stands. If the supposed hurdles preventing someone from getting an ID are so insurmountable (LOL), then I presume those same hurdles would prevent them from voting would they not?

You're just a troll and I will feed you.

It doesn't take 6 hours to fucking vote. As you said you also get time off from work, and yes, they don't have to pay you for it, you're not paying to vote like you're paying to sit at the DMV. That is, if you can find your birth certificate and all the other documents needed to get an ID.

Not to mention there are polling stations EVERYWHERE, and there is maybe one DMV for each town.

God you fucking suck

Comments

manowar: I got my ID at the DMV is 15 mins. Waited in line for 30 mins to vote last election
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    I think that's true in the national elections. Local is a different story, though. If you get nuts in places like city council or school board, they can do some real damage.

Load Metric
    What should be done is educating the poor white folk of the South about how a vote for the GOP is against their better interest.

Comments

rum dick: stupid is as stupid does

Load Metric

First, go fuck yourself, because I quoted you fully and accurately.

I didn't do the full quote that you were responding to because I'm responding to you, and don't need to take up a full screen's worth of quote within a quote. Anyone who made it this far into the thread and read your and my posts also probably read the one you responded to. Of course I did it intentionally, but not to get one over on you or whatever.

Anyway, maybe people don't care about this shit where you live, IDK, but around me, there are tons of people who volunteer a shitload of their time (as well as those paid by the city of Boston) to make sure transportation isn't an issue for anyone that wants to vote. In neighborhoods where this shit is real and not just silly theorizing bullshit, volunteer organizations send people door to door offering their services to help people vote, regardless of political affiliation. So, no, the same hurdles do not exist.

Load Metric
    The fact of the matter is that this entire voting id debate is a distraction from the issue that really needs to be more closely scrutinized. What I'm referring to is the malignant role of campaign contributions in our politics. These fucking Super PACS are the real cancer in our industry and filled with participating degenerates.

Todd, if you have such immense interest in government and subsequent political transparency, why don't you start a discussion about issues such as this? Perhaps, it's because Republicans have had the historical edge in campaign donations afforded by their more wealthy benefactors. I would venture to say that 99% of Americans are excluded from the access that large campaign donations afford. Moreover, the Citizens United decision essentially cemented the idea that the thickness of one's wallet is the metric of citizenship.
    Last edited by Krypt; 10-15-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    The fact of the matter is that this entire voting id debate is a distraction from the issue that really needs to be more closely scrutinized. What I'm referring to is the malignant role of campaign contributions in our politics. These fucking Super PACS are the real cancer in our industry and filled with participating degenerates.

You started off so strong

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Oh I see it was a malmutt joke. Excuse me.

Load Metric
    It's mainly been said, but the argument that it's somehow easy for anyone to get an ID is preposterous. It is easy, if you can take a day off work and have transportation or live relatively close to an RMV, but if you don't have an ID you probably can't afford these "luxuries."

First, an ID in MA is $25, not $15. And that's assuming you have a copy of your long form Birth Certificate hanging around, otherwise expect to pay $30-$50 for that too. So it's not $15. I looked it up and it would cost me $70 total ($25 for the ID and $45 for a Long Form BC). Someone making $400 a week is going to be out about $150 after taking the day off and paying for the BC and ID, and if they are living paycheck to paycheck that's a car payment or food for their family -DUCY they don't have ID now?

Second, as JH and Crowe have said, it's relatively easy to go vote (you can go with your spouse, kids, parents, coworker, neighbor, church group, senior bus, whatever) and it takes less than 30 minutes unless you live in FL or OH. A lot of these same people that can take you to a polling station a couple blocks away (where they were going anyway) are are not going to be so quick to adjust their schedule and spend 6 hours at the RMV with you.

Third, voting can be done before or after work, the RMV, and the Town Halls where you get your BC are not so obliging, and are usually only open from 9-5 or so.

Yes, anyone can get an ID if they want to, but pretending that it's as easy as dropping a letter in mailbox is silly.

I think the reason this is such a strange argument is that if you commit voter fraud you can be prosecuted (severely), that's the deterrent. Nothing is foolproof. It's not much different than Adelson's argument that because a few minors can slip through the cracks online poker should be completely banned.

I'll end with the fact that I think Druff et al have some valid points. I'm for ID'ing voters IF they are given free government issued ID that is along the same lines as getting your passport - pick up a form at the post office, attach a picture (I think it's $5 for a passport photo at CVS) and send it in. Voila, problem solved

Comments

Hockey Guy: Please post more.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

You dipshits have fun with your partisan politics.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Democrats love to complain about the 2000 election, but they only need to look 40 years earlier to see a much more obvious case of voter fraud stealing an election.

JFK should have lost in 1960 to Nixon. Of course, had that happened, JFK would have likely lived out a full life.

If Nixon had carried Illinois and Texas, he would have won the election.

Both states had verified or highly likely instances of voter fraud. The Kennedy campaign was close with corrupt Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, who held back voting totals until early in the morning, and then they came out with a staggering and highly improbable margin in Kennedy's favor -- a margin just big enough to counteract Nixon's lead in the rest of the state.

In Texas, thanks to Lyndon Johnson's influence, voting irregularities also occurred. For example, Fannin County had only 4,895 registered voters, yet 6,138 votes were cast in that county, three-quarters for Kennedy.

Oddly enough, perhaps not wanting to come off as a sore loser, Nixon declined to have recounts done, despite the urgings of many Republicans. Of course, Nixon ended up winning in 1968 anyway, but he couldn't have predicted that at the time.

Everyone knows the tragic story of JFK's assassination, and he is viewed with high regard by most Americans, but most don't realize that he won as a result of a corrupt and stolen election.

Remember this next time you read a story about IDing voters being "racist".
    Uh... You are repeating a myth perpetrated by Nixon's PR machine. He just publicly played coy about the recount efforts while his allies vigorously pursued it to no avail.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2000/nov/10/local/me-49741
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Democrats love to complain about the 2000 election, but they only need to look 40 years earlier to see a much more obvious case of voter fraud stealing an election.

JFK should have lost in 1960 to Nixon. Of course, had that happened, JFK would have likely lived out a full life.

If Nixon had carried Illinois and Texas, he would have won the election.

Both states had verified or highly likely instances of voter fraud. The Kennedy campaign was close with corrupt Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, who held back voting totals until early in the morning, and then they came out with a staggering and highly improbable margin in Kennedy's favor -- a margin just big enough to counteract Nixon's lead in the rest of the state.

In Texas, thanks to Lyndon Johnson's influence, voting irregularities also occurred. For example, Fannin County had only 4,895 registered voters, yet 6,138 votes were cast in that county, three-quarters for Kennedy.

Oddly enough, perhaps not wanting to come off as a sore loser, Nixon declined to have recounts done, despite the urgings of many Republicans. Of course, Nixon ended up winning in 1968 anyway, but he couldn't have predicted that at the time.

Everyone knows the tragic story of JFK's assassination, and he is viewed with high regard by most Americans, but most don't realize that he won as a result of a corrupt and stolen election.

Remember this next time you read a story about IDing voters being "racist".
    Who cares how he won. We are talking about nixon losing and there is only one acceptable response to that.....thank god. Just try to picture paranoid, pilled out and drunk nixon trying to handle the Cuban missile crisis.

Also the whole voted id thing had nothing to do with nixon allegedly getting robbed....the county clerks and the election officials are going to report whatever numbers they want regardless of who shows up.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Getting an id is cheap when you can afford free time during government hours. Druff takes the statist view but then hides behind claims of preferring small government. It is the same old tired shit from his type.

It is also a huge fallacy that all that is required for ID is a simple $15 trip. One has to maintain the proof of residency stuff in many states and that can be cumbersome for many. Cellphones are often prepaid, bank accounts can be pre-paid cards, etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Getting an id is cheap when you can afford free time during government hours. Druff takes the statist view but then hides behind claims of preferring small government. It is the same old tired shit from his type.

It is also a huge fallacy that all that is required for ID is a simple $15 trip. One has to maintain the proof of residency stuff in many states and that can be cumbersome for many. Cellphones are often prepaid, bank accounts can be pre-paid cards, etc.
    You ain't kidding. And the GOP fraudsters who claim it is to prevent voter fraud fully know that. Because it shouldn't take having to dance in the White House with the First Couple in order to get an ID.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Notice that liberals who claim that it's "racist" to require ID to vote always cite how difficult it supposedly is to get an ID, yet they never propose fixing that situation. Instead, they use it as an ongoing excuse for why ID should not be required to vote.

This is because these same liberals know that, no matter how easy the process becomes to acquire an ID, some people still won't bother. And since those without an ID overwhelmingly vote Democrat, they don't want to lose those people from the polls.

Bottom line is that the entire voting process is a farce unless some effort is made to prevent fraud.

Thread Information