Thread: Gobboboy & Joe Tall report obnoxious Doug Lee angle shot at Planet Hollywood

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Gobboboy & Joe Tall report obnoxious Doug Lee angle shot at Planet Hollywood

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...antee-1481603/

Gobboboy's story:
    This is the full story so you don't have to click awful twitter links. UTG shoves for like 600k at 30/60k. Mid position with a big stack calls. Doug says "Allin, two million" from the bb really quickly. I'm right next to him, he clearly only has like 1.35-1.4m. He has 7 40 stacks of 5k chips. Before I can say anything, the big stack says "2 million?" "Yes." and the big stack folds. Doug then wins with AK v 55. I say something as they're shipping the chips to him and he called me a fat internet loser. Very witty sir. Floors do nothing for the massive angle or the insults after.

Was considering making a new thread about this. This was really really bad tonight, guys. He stole thousands of dollars in equity from people at the table, myself included. He's a total scumbag asshole. This was just straight up cheating. After his insulting rant which everyone at the table heard, no one really spoke up or pressed for something to be done and the floors did absolutely nothing besides give a really poorly worded warning for 'no one to do anything like what was done again.'

Doug gets away with this shit time after time after time. It's really not funny when it happens to you in a spot where there's so much money at stake. Shame on Planet Hollywood for not having the guts to do the right thing. Even a fucking one hand penalty would make me feel better. They did a lot of stupid shit during this tournament but letting someone get away with this is fucking inexcusable.

Here is Joe Tall's account:
    I was there. I dont even know who Doug Lee is, other than some huge NVG thread I have never followed.

It happened very fast, fwiw, all in-stride of the poker hand. And all is true to what Jimmy said, except a bit of this:
    Where several said, "WTF Doug, dont you call anyone a nerd here. If anyone at this table should call someone something, it shouldnt be you." and "how many chips you got Doug? <Doug gives some number> Is that <number> or is that amount inflated by 50% always?"

I believe Jimmy was busy talking with the floor when these comments rained down on Doug.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And in case you haven't seen this similar gem (doesn't involve Doug):

Tournament directors should give stiff penalties when they believe serious angle shots are being done.

If I were the floorman above, I would have warned this guy after the first angle shot like this (he had done it twice before) that he would be disqualified if it happened again.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Druff those two things aren't even close. The top one is like stealing a candy bar and the bottom one is like murder.

Load Metric
    Freitez way sleazier then doug because he did that knowingly on 2 other occasions. A great floor decision to only allow him to min bet and alert player that he was a angle shooting pos. The look of disgust on the tournament directors face was awesome. Freitez was oblivious to the hate directed his way. Is he romanian?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMicon View Post
    Freitez way sleazier then doug because he did that knowingly on 2 other occasions. A great floor decision to only allow him to min bet and alert player that he was a angle shooting pos. The look of disgust on the tournament directors face was awesome. Freitez was oblivious to the hate directed his way. Is he romanian?

delete from net. I really did misread it.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 10-13-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Load Metric
    Oh Freitez a Venezualian , went on to win . No justice .

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    If Gobbo would have been thinking faster, he should've asked for the dealer to count Toolbox's stack, and then fuss about the obvious difference between 2m and 1.4m.

Then Hollywood for a minute. Then 'accidentally' expose 8-2 off while folding.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    If Gobbo would have been thinking faster, he should've asked for the dealer to count Toolbox's stack, and then fuss about the obvious difference between 2m and 1.4m.

I don't know about the accidental exposure thing.

I got a 1-round penalty on Day 6 of the Main Event in 2010 for exposing my cards from the BB, when I erroneously believed that it was a raise and folded to me.

Strangely enough, Theo Tran got the exact same penalty for the exact same thing at the exact same time at a different table.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post

I don't know about the accidental exposure thing.

I got a 1-round penalty on Day 6 of the Main Event in 2010 for exposing my cards from the BB, when I erroneously believed that it was a raise and folded to me.

Strangely enough, Theo Tran got the exact same penalty for the exact same thing at the exact same time at a different table.
    I got a 2 round penalty on Day 7 of the Main Event in 2011 for exposing my cards from the button

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    That was why I included the word 'accidentally'. One example: If you helicopter your cards downward at a slight angle, sometimes they will deflect up, catch a little air and flip over.... Still, Gobbo could have made the point by just doing the first part of it -- making sure everybody at the table was painfully aware of Lee's angleshot while doing some pretend Hollywooding.

Load Metric
    This is a copy paste of a pm that involved Doug Lee and I don't feel like writing it up again from my phone

Lol...today in 400 and was at same table as Doug Lee (at Wynn) and it was pretty funny. He and the young kid that was giving him shit busted in same hand in a 3 way all in. Young kid called him an angle shooting dirt bag for having his hand covering his short stack (I was there Lee did nothing) then Lee calls him a loser no name retard over and over. Then when they both bust in a different hand Lee cheers loudly because his enemy that started the hand with a much bigger stack also busted.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's an angle but it's the players responsibility to look at their opponents stack and roughly gauge how much they have or ask the dealer for a count. One could use the info received from the attempted angle in their favor.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    This is a copy paste of a pm that involved Doug Lee and I don't feel like writing it up again from my phone

Lol...today in 400 and was at same table as Doug Lee (at Wynn) and it was pretty funny. He and the young kid that was giving him shit busted in same hand in a 3 way all in. Young kid called him an angle shooting dirt bag for having his hand covering his short stack (I was there Lee did nothing) then Lee calls him a loser no name retard over and over. Then when they both bust in a different hand Lee cheers loudly because his enemy that started the hand with a much bigger stack also busted.
    I'm going to ask Doug Lee if there was a black guy at his table.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

I'm going to ask Doug Lee if there was a black guy at his table.

Ok so Doug Lee renters and builds a massive stack and got moved to the table he busted from. A few minutes later a black dude with an even more massive stack gets moved to my table. I busted an hour or two later.

When Lee came back he said the kid that called him a dirt bag angle shooter was a miserable person and a loser retard once again.

So if you were to actually ask Doug Lee that he would say there was a black dude at his table. With like 200k in chips at 1000-2000 blinds. I don't know how the night finished up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    It's an angle but it's the players responsibility to look at their opponents stack and roughly gauge how much they have or ask the dealer for a count. One could use the info received from the attempted angle in their favor.

Love wynn structure and according to Kessler best tourney rake in town BUT late registers were given two pink 5k chips and two orange 1k chips to start. Most guys would change out one of their five k chips from a big stack. So there were a bunch of short looking stacks with one pink.that blended into the orange almost perfectly. At least 4 hands involved a controversy with a pink chip that wasnt seen. They need to change the color or even better don't hand out 5k chips even that close to.that early except to color up huge stacks

Doug Lee is of course a huge douchenozzle but this seems pretty weak. Seven stacks of forty 5K chips is already 1.4m so how can he have 1.35-1.4m? He probably had around 1.5m. Now the real thing I don't understand is how he stole thousands in equity. The big stack folds because Doug Lee claimed 2m chips but wouldn't have if he had given an accurate count of 1.5m? That makes no sense. There is no hand or stack size the big stack can have for that play to be correct. If you're going sound red alert all over the net at least wait until he kills a hooker or something.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnFanningsLimpDick View Post
    Doug Lee is of course a huge douchenozzle but this seems pretty weak. Seven stacks of forty 5K chips is already 1.4m so how can he have 1.35-1.4m? He probably had around 1.5m. Now the real thing I don't understand is how he stole thousands in equity. The big stack folds because Doug Lee claimed 2m chips but wouldn't have if he had given an accurate count of 1.5m? That makes no sense. There is no hand or stack size the big stack can have for that play to be correct. If you're going sound red alert all over the net at least wait until he kills a hooker or something.
    I think it's reasonable to assume that 7 40 stacks doesn't mean that he has exactly 7 full stacks. More likely 6 full stacks with the 7th not complete. 1.35-1.4m makes perfect sense to me.

The stolen equity was clearly fold equity that gobbo was referring to - it makes sense to me and doesn't seem like a weak complaint at all.

Thread Information