Thread: Which Cirque Show?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Which Cirque Show?

Taking someone who's never been to a Cirque show before. I've seen KA.

I'd really like to see Mystere but it won't be playing the nights we can go. So based on dates the choices are "O" and Zarkana.

Comments

Seth: Once again you troll me. You are an HIV+ faggot who is trolling for new victims
    Last edited by LLL; 10-13-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Banned
    Load Metric
    I've only seen Ka and Believe (lol sigh). Obviously pass on the latter, it shouldn't even count. I hear that O is the best one.

Load Metric
    I've seen Believe as well but didn't feel that it was essential information.

Comments

Hockey Guy: It wasn't.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Love is my favorite. O is more "impressive". Either one you can't go wrong.

Comments

LLL: Cool.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Beatles Love by a long shot

Comments

LLL: Peace & Love

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Love, O and Mystere in that order. O is more visually impressive but if you are at all a Beatles fan Love is hard to beat......

Comments

LLL: TY

Jayjami: Agreed

Load Metric
    I plan on seeing Love but I'm not sure this is the right show for the girl that I'm taking. Wish Mystere wasn't dark that night.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Beatles Love by a long shot

agreed and it isnt even close. The rest are fucking snooze fests that get old within the first 10 mins.

I never understood why people like these so much. I get it the sets are expensive and they do some cool acrobats but the shows are so long and repetitive.

The cool thing about the Beattles one is that the music actually adds a lot to the show versus the other ones where it is just fucking annoying
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

I'd really like to see Mystere but it won't be playing the nights we can go. So based on dates the choices are "O" and Zarkana.
    I've seen Zarkana. It's terrible. Ka was way better even with the final wall scene being projected rather than the performers doing it after the death last year.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I've seen Zarkana. It's terrible. Ka was way better even with the final wall scene being projected rather than the performers doing it after the death last year.
    Can you explain that? Are they just projecting old footage of that part?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Can you explain that? Are they just projecting old footage of that part?
    Instead of the performers harnessed in & performing on this wall, they've taped an old performance & project in onto the wall like a movie. They did this because that lady performer got killed last year & was probably the only way the could carry on with the show insurance wise.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Thoughts on section 102 for O?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Will need more information.

Which row? Do you know if your seat is off to the side, or closer to section 103?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW if you are going to pay the $ for 102, I really urge you to use the trick I posted to get better seats. For the same price you are paying, I got 5th row center (section 103).

Just stand in the "cancellation line", get your newly assigned seats, and if they suck, get back in the line. Eventually you will score great seats (especially after the line vanishes and you can just sit in front and they page through the remaining seats, many of which are really good).

I did this with Ben's mom in 2010. It didn't take long (maybe 15-20 min) and she was very glad to have waited the extra minutes when she saw the seats we got.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW if you are going to pay the $ for 102, I really urge you to use the trick I posted to get better seats. For the same price you are paying, I got 5th row center (section 103).

Just stand in the "cancellation line", get your newly assigned seats, and if they suck, get back in the line. Eventually you will score great seats (especially after the line vanishes and you can just sit in front and they page through the remaining seats, many of which are really good).

I did this with Ben's mom in 2010. It didn't take long (maybe 15-20 min) and she was very glad to have waited the extra minutes when she saw the seats we got.
    I'd actually be getting 102 at a discount from the Cirque site. I appreciate the tip but I hate doing stuff "last minute" especially with someone I only get to see 3-4x a year.

Load Metric
    And yeah, it's 102 closer to section 101. View provided on the site looks decent. No hand rail obstruction.

Load Metric
    Changed my mind. Decided on "Love". Much cheaper and we're sitting in the same section/row that Paul and Ringo sat when they saw the show.

Comments

Bootsy Collins: Good move

tony bagadonuts: Smart

Load Metric
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    "Love" was fucking sweet. The segment set to "Something" was awesome.

Load Metric
    "Love" was fucking sweet. The segment set to "Something" was awesome.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the show. The Arial show set to the benefit of Mr Kite was my personal favorite.

Thread Information