Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched?

Load Metric
    The last King Kong movie was too damn long.
    Since Peter Jackson isn't involved with this one it might be a success.

Load Metric
    ARRIVAL

******Spoiler Alert(kind of)*****

Trailers made this look like it had potential but...........

Kind of clever at times but too slow moving. Kept watching thinking there would be a big pay off at the end. A super cool twist, a massive intergalatic war, or something else worth waiting for. None of that. More of a big fucking deal kind of ending.

Arrival is basically scifi for girls.

This movie wasn't cheap either, just dull.

6/10 & one of the 6 is for Amy Adams. Had the hots for her since "The Office".
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    ARRIVAL

******Spoiler Alert(kind of)*****

Trailers made this look like it had potential but...........

Kind of clever at times but too slow moving. Kept watching thinking there would be a big pay off at the end. A super cool twist, a massive intergalatic war, or something else worth waiting for. None of that. More of a big fucking deal kind of ending.

Arrival is basically scifi for girls.

This movie wasn't cheap either, just dull.

6/10 & one of the 6 is for Amy Adams. Had the hots for her since "The Office".
    Sounds like "Contact" with Jodie Foster from 1997 (I think).

I remember everyone raving about it and people telling me how great it is. I went and it was super slow and was bored to tears. When I saw the trailer for this I was instantly reminded of Contact and said I'm not gonna fall for the hype again.

Comments

LarryLaffer: I liked contact but I knew what I was getting into so I'll agree on the slowness of it

Load Metric
    Allied

Meh.

Thought the ending might be good but left me thinking I'd wasted my time. The plane crash scene is OK. Kind of realistic while it is coming down. 7.2 right now on IMDB, more like an even 6. Didn't warm up to the heroine Marion Cotillard, and Brad Pitt(53) is just too damn old to be doing stuff like this.

2016 is looking like a crappy year for Hollywood.
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Blood Father

8/10, want to fuck the daughter

Comments

herbertstemple: +1. Thanks, Watched because of your post. Daughter didn't do much for me but I enjoyed the story.

Load Metric
    Mystery, Alaska
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    Mekong Operation!! And it was more than excellent!

Load Metric
    gotta love 80s HK Action Cinena

caught this gem on Netflix.

the first John woo movie to use Doves as a symbol

lot of Mexican standoffs
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Eye in the Sky was good I thought. Helen Mirren movie about terrorism in East Africa.

Oldie from 2005 called "Sideways" I thought was superb. Comedy/drama about a failed writer and actor who go away on a wine tasting trip for a few days.

Thomas Haden Church was outstanding in it.

Comments

JohnCommode: Both excellent.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "OUT OF THE FURNACE"

Christian bale, woody Harrilson, Casey Affleck

Excellent movie..

Comments

Tegnation22: Great movie for sure.

Load Metric
    Passengers with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence.

I really enjoyed the concept and the cinematography. The acting was also superb.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Watched Beat Street again last night.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Oh shit, This is why people hate fucking clowns!!!!

Load Metric
    Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night. Lots of fun. Plot was kinda suspect the second half of the movie, but we ain't here for the plot, I enjoyed all of it from the opening to the end of the credits. Soundtrack's well done again, and Drax is god, obv. Last comic book movie I saw was Logan, and this is almost the complete tonal opposite.

Load Metric
    Wonder Woman The Movie has been getting good reviews.

Wonder Woman the T.V. was good because of Lynda Carter's big boobs.

The new Wonder Woman has small boobs.

Instead of showing some topless women in this new movie, they show a man's bare ass.

Last edited by TheXFactor; 05-31-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Load Metric
    The Founder

I Have a friend who owns a chain of restaurants across Canada

He Mentioned this was a good movie some time ago.... Not a huge fan of McDonalds but i am a big fan of Michael Keaton so we had a watch last night and was surprised how good it was.

enjoy.

Comments

herbertstemple: +1 Good movie.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    The Founder

He Mentioned this was a good movie some time ago.... Not a huge fan of McDonalds but i am a big fan of Michael Keaton so we had a watch last night and was surprised how good it was.

enjoy.

Saw this while back. Good movie.

Depending on how you look at it, Ray Kroc was either a great business man, a sleazy bastard or both.

Lawlass

Interesting but damn its hard to understand those fake West Virginia accents. Good cast with a lot of violence. Kind of a Walking Tall(Buford Pusser) type tale except the "good" guys are the moonshiners. Does get slow at times.

IMDB at 7.3 is fair.

It 2017 version.

Saw a couple of youtube reviews. The reviews really praised the movie, especially the actor that portrayed Pennywise.

It's OK but during the movie I started thinking. "Is this what would happen if a demonic clown really started attacking children in a small town?" Kind of doubt it. Kids would never get the best of this monster. Never. Anyway its an OK movie. Problem with horror is there are so many horror movies that I never see anything original anymore, A new way to scare the shit out the viewer. There is a slow build up of music then when the scary part happens, a much louder blast of music. Maybe they are trying to overwhelm your senses. Gets old after a while. Movie stops with the kids getting the best of Pennywise about 1/2 through the book.

Anyway, its an 8 on IMDB. That's too high. Maybe a 7 or a notch or two below.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: he really fucked the McDonalds holly shit they missed out on 100 mil per yr but he had the vision and I had always herd that there greatest asset was the real-estate investments. IT is defiantly on my list to see

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    The Founder

enjoy.

Saw this while back. Good movie.

Depending on how you look at it, Ray Kroc was either a great business man, a sleazy bastard or both.

Lawlass

Interesting but damn its hard to understand those fake West Virginia accents. Good cast with a lot of violence. Kind of a Walking Tall(Buford Pusser) type tale except the "good" guys are the moonshiners. Does get slow at times.

IMDB at 7.3 is fair.

It 2017 version.

Saw a couple of youtube reviews. The reviews really praised the movie, especially the actor that portrayed Pennywise.

It's OK but during the movie I started thinking. "Is this what would happen if a demonic clown really started attacking children in a small town?" Kind of doubt it. Kids would never get the best of this monster. Never. Anyway its an OK movie. Some good CGI scenes.

Problem with horror is there are so many horror movies that I never see anything original anymore, A new way to scare the shit out the viewer. There is a slow build up of music then when the scary part happens, a much louder blast of music. Maybe they are trying to overwhelm your senses. Gets old after a while. Movie stops with the kids getting the best of Pennywise about 1/2 through the book.

Anyway, its an 8 on IMDB. That's too high. Maybe a 7 or a notch or two below.

Load Metric
    as a warm up for IT, I finally watched The Dark Tower. Had read all the books beginning in about 1989 thru when the 7th one was published in '05ish. Had held off on watching the movie once I knew it was only like 1:30, but since there are hi-res versions all over the place movies can be found, I finally watched it. Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen it yet.

Fun enough movie, quick as hell, but it takes bits from the entire span of the books and completes a storyline in 90 minutes that played out over thousands and thousands of pages and many multiple locations, etc. Roland's entire reason for being is different, which is weird, considering they took pains to make sure he carried the Horn of Eld in his bag. If Roland's eternal quest is to get to the Tower and blow the horn, why did it now become to kill the man in black, when he finally has the horn with him in this version of the time-loop that'll keep repeating until he actually DOES get to and save the tower? Or, did he already save the tower just by offing Walter and breaking that beam machine? Are Roland and Jake just gonna Rick and Morty their way around the various worlds seeking adventures and destroying the other beams that were trying to destroy the Tower? So many questions...

Thread Information