Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched?

Load Metric

A WTF movie.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Eye in the Sky was good I thought. Helen Mirren movie about terrorism in East Africa.

Oldie from 2005 called "Sideways" I thought was superb. Comedy/drama about a failed writer and actor who go away on a wine tasting trip for a few days.

Thomas Haden Church was outstanding in it.
    Just finished watching Sideways right now. This film totally slipped under my radar.
    One of the best low budget non CGI films I've seen. Paul Giamatti from billions was fantastic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Eye in the Sky was good I thought. Helen Mirren movie about terrorism in East Africa.

Oldie from 2005 called "Sideways" I thought was superb. Comedy/drama about a failed writer and actor who go away on a wine tasting trip for a few days.

Thomas Haden Church was outstanding in it.
    Just finished watching Sideways right now. This film totally slipped under my radar.
    One of the best low budget non CGI films I've seen. Paul Giamatti from billions was fantastic.

Old movie. It has its moments but Haden sucks in it. Giamatti wasn't well known back then . Meh! It got rave reviews when it came out. Not bad yet not good. Very dark movie .

Comments

Salty_Aus: I love dark films :)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Old movie. It has its moments but Haden sucks in it. Giamatti wasn't well known back then . Meh! It got rave reviews when it came out. Not bad yet not good. Very dark movie .
    Are you nuts??? Haden did a great job playing a self-centered scared-to-be-losing-bachelor-freedom past-his-prime man-child former TV star very very well.

But you’re correct about Giamatti not being as well known then as he is now. In fact, his father, who wasn’t even an actor, was probably better known than he was among the general public despite being a solid supporting actor in a number of well-received movies.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Are you nuts??? Haden did a great job playing a self-centered scared-to-be-losing-bachelor-freedom past-his-prime man-child former TV star very very well.

But you’re correct about Giamatti not being as well known then as he is now. In fact, his father, who wasn’t even an actor, was probably better known than he was among the general public despite being a solid supporting actor in a number of well-received movies.

Maybe Haden was good . I just could not like his role. Just a douche . Plus I was never a fan of his. I am biased I suppose. The movie does score high though just way better choices out there for me.

Load Metric
    Hey Aus: You want a dark comedy here is an all time great .

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I liked Under The Silver Lake. Reminiscent of David Lynch or early Robert Altman.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Maybe Haden was good . I just could not like his role. Just a douche . Plus I was never a fan of his. I am biased I suppose. The movie does score high though just way better choices out there for me.
    Haden’s character was supposed to be a douche. Sort of like Bojack Horseman but not as successful. And his character arc was interesting because he ended up opening up near the end of the film about why he was being especially douchey. And you gotta love that it took him getting cracked in the head with a motorcycle helmet by a very pissed off chick he had just selfishly used to help that emotional revelation come out.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Bohemium Rhapsodey now on cable after shortly after viewing, very very gay

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Bohemium Rhapsodey now on cable after shortly after viewing, very very gay

The last movie I saw in the theater was Limitless.

But this Friday Ad Astra starring Bradley Pitt and a number of great actors
    is released in Canada and I'll be there with my I love Brad Pitt buttons on.

Looks pretty awesome

"The Brad Pitt starring Ad Astra goes to infinity and beyond, resulting in one of the best films of the year."

Load Metric
    Tenet was good but confusing as hell.

James Bond is never confused.

Fuck the women.

Kill the bad guys.

Load Metric
    Finally saw Watchmen. As good as advertised.

Load Metric
    Sleep Doctor highly reccomen

Load Metric
    WW84.

Its very boring. 2.5 hrs is one hour too long. As gorgeous as she is, her acting is lacking.

Name:  5cd966f993a15272b464ba03.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  33.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    WW84.

Its very boring. 2.5 hrs is one hour too long. As gorgeous as she is, her acting is lacking.

Name:  5cd966f993a15272b464ba03.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  33.1 KB
    really...that's the best israel has?

my scale is high, and maybe it's a bad pic, but can't give more than a 6 imo

if you're child is halfway decent looking they'll be an allstar @ brandeis . arguably the worst looking student body in merica
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Terminator: Dark Fate

I was really hoping the opening scene was a dream sequence. It basically made T1 and T2 pointless.

Load Metric
    black bear do not watch it with any woman you are dating romantically marrone

Load Metric
    its also weirdly brilliant

Load Metric
    7 Days To Vegas. Watched it last night. Vince Van Patten co-wrote and played the lead role in the movie. It was based on stories told to him by his dad, Dick Van Patten. Dick used to hang out with some rich crazy gamblers that would bet on anything and the movie is based on one of the prop bets they made. It's a pretty funny movie and some of the hustles were brilliant.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    oh stunning a low life vegas degenerate watches some idiotic movie about vegas

Thread Information