Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Few Interviews & Speeches with Edward Snowden/Glenn Greenwald that the Media Does Not Want You to See

Banned
    Load Metric

A Few Interviews & Speeches with Edward Snowden/Glenn Greenwald that the Media Does Not Want You to See

Without a lot of long winded introductory commentary....I spent the last several hours watching a handful of videos.

I just randomly Googled Glenn Greenwald because I was curious why he left The Guardian at the end of last year, and what the circumstances were.

After reading several articles and Greenwalds final blog on the Guardian, it seems pretty obvious he was forced out because the NSA leaks and his ties with Snowden were crippling the The Guardian on a multitude of levels.

The ownership./management of The Guardian must have been under a tremendous amount of pressure

Anyway I hope you guys watch these...some are longer than others.

I'm going to post them in the order I watched them

the last video is a must-see if you haven't seen it already

These men are true patriots imo

Snowden and Glenn Greenwald should both be getting Nobel peace prizes imo

not letting me imbed videos for some reason...

will try to post in the next post or will post links

Comments

thesidedish: turncoat pos

Lord of the Fraud: Will watch these at some point... and lol at the brainless unwashed calling him a turncoat

Banned
    Load Metric

best interview I've seen from him yet

he does look slightly 'weathered', but it's by far his most revealing (and infmormative) interview since he was in Hong Kong

Banned
    Load Metric
    this is from a conference in New Zealand 3 weeks ago

Glenn Greenwald and Snowden owning some serious heads right now

Banned
    Load Metric

SLAM DUNK

Banned
    Load Metric
    LOL

absolutely destroyed

Load Metric
    Who has the disposable time to sit and actually watch these pointless videos, much less care. I got PUSSY ON MY MIND NIGGA.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Who has the disposable time to sit and actually watch these pointless videos, much less care. I got PUSSY ON MY MIND NIGGA.

Comments

thesidedish: PROBLEM CHILD IS GOD, GOD BLESS AMERICA

Muck Ficon: That's what you looked like when you found out your uncle was coming over

Load Metric

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Best use of Twixtor ever

Load Metric
    O snap is that twixtor? I thought people just manually glitch gifs still.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I don't know what got me to watch that first interview, in general I could give a fuck less about politics. Snowden said something that really hit home with me, when he talked about being surrounded by people in the military who were more interested in what they could get from the system than serving their country. This was my exact experience, I was stationed with nothing but the scum of the earth. Most people that I was in with had literally no other choices in life, I realized right away that if the people above me had half a fucking brain they would have gotten out years ago. Over half my unit couldn't pass a piss test, at one time the word got around that we could take a urinary track infection med and it would make our piss tests inconclusive. I remember walking into the office to take my piss test and looking over to see 20+ viles of piss that were ocean blue.

Load Metric
    wow seriously enlightened. Great post.

Confidence expiring even!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    O snap is that twixtor? I thought people just manually glitch gifs still.
    There's probably a little more to it, but yeah, I think it is because it starts making trails right as it slows down.

Load Metric
    It's called datamoshing. You can open videos and gifs in a hex editor or notepad and just mess with the text you see. Whenever I've done this it's usually a hit or miss. With all glitching you're intentionally breaking the video/image to get a certain effect. Break it too much and well.. it's actually broken. You can get a more controlled mosh by using programs like avidemux and remove specific frames from the videos. That's basically what you're doing in a hex editor or notepad; but again with the latter it's mostly a hit or miss. Now, videos are made up of three types of 'frames':
    I-frames (intra-coded picture) are static images with which a media player looks at for reference when playing a video. There can be an I-frame every few seconds. The distance between I-frames can be increased with a video converter however.
    P-frames (predictive picture) are frames that record the change from the last frame in a video in comparison to the I-frame.
    Here is an example showing the difference between I-frames and P-frames: http://i.imgur.com/h31sLEh.png
    Then we have:
    B-frames (Bi-predictive picture) which pretty much do the jobs of I-frames and P-frames but on a smaller scale. It's mostly unimportant when datamoshing.
    So here's an example as to how videos load: http://i.imgur.com/GNNkJFr.png
    When a video plays it loads up an I-frame first, then a P-frame records and changes the movements seen while a B-frame takes care of anything the previous P-frame missed. This happens until the next I-frame is loaded. New I-frames are loaded when a scene changes. When the scene changes the previous P-frames and B-frames are no longer useful when playing back the video clearly and so the process starts again until the video ends. How to "glitch" or "datamosh" it is when you remove those I-frames from the video. When there are no I-frames the P-frames and B-frames loaded in the video bleed into one another as they try to transition into a new scene. Since the I-frame for the new scene with which they depend upon no longer exists the transition takes longer and often doesn't work so well if at all. That's when things start to look 'broken.'
    This gif is a fine example of that: http://i.imgur.com/uPQoUIA.gif
    Here's a video that moshes two clips together by removing the I-frames from the second clip and appending them:
    In that video you can see the P-frames in the second clip overlap the P-frames of the previous one. The more movement the second clip has, the more it will overlap the frames from the first clip. Thus giving you more of a bleeding or acid trippy effect. This isn't the only way to datamosh just so y'know. Some datamoshes are done by copy and pasting P-frames on top of one another again and again. You could also remove P-frames too. Or mix and match. What you can do with these fragile pieces of data can constitute something eerily beautiful. Try it out sometime. If not put some raw image data through Audacity for some fun.

Comments

SrslySirius: I am humbled

Load Metric
    h/t to reddit

Banned
    Load Metric
    Tine

aside from all the cryptic and incomprehensible tongue in cheek replies...

I'm very interested to get your genuine take on Snowden and the subsequent fallout from his actions

Comments

Muck Ficon: Interested in sonatine's take on things? Lol

Load Metric
    Sorry, who?

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm interested what your personal take on Snowden and Glenn Greenwald is

Load Metric
    Oh.. right right.

Well, the way I see it, any advanced civilization will have a core community dedicated to its defense. Snowden lost his .. perspective. Oleg Kalugin inferred that Snowden had been targetted and turned by FSU, likely without ever knowing it of course. I dont find that at all unlikely, personally.

As for the methods and actors he sought to compromise, well, I believe they were inconvenienced, embarrassed even. But very little of what he described was of a revelatory nature to most people involved in security (state or other).

The masses cry and mope and clutch pearls but at the end of the day, well.....

"We do disagreeable things so that ordinary people here and elsewhere can sleep safely in their beds at night."

Look at what happened with the wikileaks embassy leaks. The people responsible for the preservation of the state, any state, not only are they relieved we engage in that level of invasive espionage but they encourage it. It makes their own programmes pale in comparison. We tapped the personal cell phone of the German chancellor, the head of state for one of our closest allies. Note their total lack of substantive response. Note also that they tapped Hillary Clinton's personal cell phone.

Now note Hillary Clinton's total lack of protest.

Snowden's motives were not patriotic, is my personal suspicion. I believe he was born 60 years too late to engage in the style of cloak and dagger tradecraft he pined for. Note how often he protests the media describing him as a computer technician. His go-to talking point is 'Im no technician, I'm a spy, a trained spy!'. He cant shut up about it. But he was not a spy, not by the definition he grew up with. He was an offensive information security engineer with training to operate in the field, I just dont believe that was good enough for him. He probably wanted numbers stations.. silenced pistols.. the pill in the molar. So he got his fix by going loud, spilling the beans, being a hero to the people he was sworn to defend, to their detriment.

He changed nothing, he accomplished even less. And he should be terribly concerned with what happens when the Putin apparatus begins to implode.

And Greenwald says nothing I didnt know by the age of 14.

Load Metric
    I stand corrected; he took offensive security courses but was actually a systems admin.

Thread Information