Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says Obama is a bad leader

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says Obama is a bad leader

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/politi...iew/index.html

Calls him out several times for being indecisive and weak when it came to foreign policy issues.

The White House is saying Panetta is just claiming these things to sell his new book, but I believe the stuff he's saying. Obama is good at speaking but poor at actually leading. We've seen examples of this over and over.

Comments

son of lockman: obama good president

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/politi...iew/index.html

Calls him out several times for being indecisive and weak when it came to foreign policy issues.

The White House is saying Panetta is just claiming these things to sell his new book, but I believe the stuff he's saying. Obama is good at speaking but poor at actually leading. We've seen examples of this over and over.
    He's like the Kershaw of the White House. Good when its easy, gets blasted when it gets tough

Comments

Hockey Guy: This deserves some green.

mwh72: solid
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    So what's the point of this thread? To plug his book as well?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    I was just saying in another thread that Obama is a crappy leader, and some people didn't agree.

Load Metric
    Shocked. We haven't had a decent "leader" since Regan. Doubt we ever will again.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Shocked. We haven't had a decent "leader" since Regan. Doubt we ever will again.
    Admittedly the field for 2016 sucks and I am not excited about any of the candidates who will most likely run.

I wouldn't go as far as "never will again", as there are 300 million people in this country, and we really only need one (who can also make his way up through the political machine).

Load Metric
    Admittedly the field for 2016 sucks and I am not excited about any of the candidates who will most likely run.

I wouldn't go as far as "never will again", as there are 300 million people in this country, and we really only need one (who can also make his way up through the political machine).
    My point is really that politics is about "us" vs "them" now and no one really shows a true interest at uniting instead of dividing.

Load Metric
    I was just saying in another thread that Obama is a crappy leader, and some people didn't agree.
    lol this is the best you can come up with huh?oh wait and your paying a few more bucks a month for your health ins.....you r's really are grasping at straws if this is the only shit you can some up with.

Load Metric
    fuck reagan that fucking sellout Im glad his last meals were through a straw. 1st president to fully sell out to the rich and big biz . fuck him

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: clueless rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    fuck reagan that fucking sellout Im glad his last meals were through a straw. 1st president to fully sell out to the rich and big biz . fuck him
    Politics aside he was a leader.

No one respects the President anymore. I didn't like W but I respected him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

lol this is the best you can come up with huh?oh wait and your paying a few more bucks a month for your health ins.....you r's really are grasping at straws if this is the only shit you can some up with.
    I have been paying 50% more for my health insurance since the beginning of the year, but I haven't made a big deal about that aspect of it until just recently.

Why?

Because I got the rude awakening last month that most doctors wouldn't take my plan and that this new insurance was absolutely awful. And then I got the further rude awakening that this is a chronic problem with Obamacare plans. And Obama repeatedly promised throughout the years that this wouldn't happen, and it did.

But I've also cited tons of other examples that Obama can't lead. He has surrounded himself with idiots and stands by them when they fuck up. Those aren't signs of a good leader.

You might hate Republicans but you have to admit that there has been all kinds of fail with this Administration.

Load Metric
    Always thought Panetta was slow. Took him almost 6 years to figure Obama out. Panetta is setting himself up in Hillary's good graces, jockeying for a good job.

Still strange for a Dem to call Obama out so close to the mid-terms. Maybe a sign of things to come, the right and the left of the Democratic party going at in the primaries hard, like they did in 1980, and the Tea Party and the establishment GOP will be fighting each other. Could have a really interesting 2016.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    He isn't leading? He led us out of the worst financial shit storm in generations. Do you not think that everyone is entitled to health ins? We are after all the the richest nation in the world you don't think the poors should at least get some health ins?IDK about you but I have zero problems paying a little extra so that everyone gets health ins and has there quality of life improved.

Load Metric
    I honestly would admit fail I really would but honest druff all I see is people getting back to work and the economy turning around. Oh yeah and every single last nation on earth doesn't despise us.
    as far as hating r's goes.... I hate welfare, i own a gun, im obv a major supporter of the death penalty and im against abortion. but you know what I really really hate?? I fucking hate corporate welfare and leaders who start wars for financial gains.fucking cheney should be executed dude, he is a fucking scumbag war mongoring piece of fucking shit.

Load Metric
    oh yeah and the outsourcing of american jobs pisses me off to no end.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I agree with that one but neither party is doing anything signficant to stop it.

Load Metric
    Politics aside he was a leader.

No one respects the President anymore. I didn't like W but I respected him.
    Why would you respect w? Because he wasn't afraid to send our troops into war? Not to hard to send other peoples kids to war....that asshole and his whole
    administration did nothing but start war and get every other country in the world to despise us. was there any relations to W fighting in iraq? Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that there was not one relative of the bush monarchy fighting in Iraq

I agree with that one but neither party is doing anything signficant to stop it.

Just wait until all of the Obama care kicks in

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Editorial:

A) Obama doesn't give two shits about the country and

B) Neither does Panetta.

They'll be laughing about this at Davos in 3 years as the world burns while they count their money

Load Metric

Just Obama. Showing his usual lack of leadership.

http://fortune.com/2014/09/22/obama-...ax-inversions/

Remember that one time that he assembled a coalition of 20 European and Middle Eastern countries to fight ISIS? What a huge failure of leadership and foreign policy that was.

Thread Information