Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: OK Here is a Legit Mexico Update

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    the dollar goes a LONG way down here

got 3 delicious shrimp, battered fish, and carne tacos today for a grand total of 47 pesos.....I think that's less than 4 bucks apprx

bought a shitload of pine for my open air barbecue and fire pit for less than 25 bucks

a lot of upside to being in Mexico

some good....some bad....but the cost of eating great food and living well has a much lower 'monthly nut'
    Are you seriously bragging about buying firewood for $25?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    bro theres a drought on the west coast getting that firewood is important

Comments

big dick: die retard

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    the dollar goes a LONG way down here

got 3 delicious shrimp, battered fish, and carne tacos today for a grand total of 47 pesos.....I think that's less than 4 bucks apprx

bought a shitload of pine for my open air barbecue and fire pit for less than 25 bucks

a lot of upside to being in Mexico

some good....some bad....but the cost of eating great food and living well has a much lower 'monthly nut'
    Are you seriously bragging about buying firewood for $25?

the guy showed up in a beat up old Datsun with the entire back of his truck full of slow burning pine....probably taken from some kind of furniture manufacturer.

I didn't intend on buying all of it..but it was so much wood for such a cheap price....heading to HomeDepot tomorrow to buy a nice plastic tarp

they aren't giant logs....they are a perfect fit for the barbeque/firepit I have here

no brainer for 350 pesos....its probably a cord and a 1/2

he also stacked it at no extra charge

Load Metric
    the guy showed up in a beat up old Datsun with the entire back of his truck full of slow burning pine....probably taken from some kind of furniture manufacturer.

I didn't intend on buying all of it..but it was so much wood for such a cheap price....heading to HomeDepot tomorrow to buy a nice plastic tarp

they aren't giant logs....they are a perfect fit for the barbeque/firepit I have here

A. There's no way a "beat up old Datsun" would hold a cord let alone cord & a 1/2. It's fucking impossible. A cord of wood is 4ft wide X 4ft high X 8 ft long. That wouldn't even fit in a full sized F350 Ford pick-up let alone a Datsun.

B. There is no such thing as slow burning pine especially if it was taken from a furniture manufacturer, it's either "dry" or "green". I used to work in the construction business & our lumber had to have a moisture content no higher than 19% & this was considered "dry". A furniture manufacturer would need to be well below that, about 5-8%, so either way there's no way it would be "slow burning" because it would be considered dry & that's about the fastest burning wood you can get. We use that shit for kindling because it burns so readily & fast.

Comments

tyde: green rep considering you live in Canada and def know all about staying warm

zealanddonk: "They packed the wood in really tight" rep
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

A. There's no way a "beat up old Datsun" would hold a cord let alone cord & a 1/2. It's fucking impossible. A cord of wood is 4ft wide X 4ft high X 8 ft long. That wouldn't even fit in a full sized F350 Ford pick-up let alone a Datsun.

B. There is no such thing as slow burning pine especially if it was taken from a furniture manufacturer, it's either "dry" or "green". I used to work in the construction business & our lumber had to have a moisture content no higher than 19% & this was considered "dry". A furniture manufacturer would need to be well below that, about 5-8%, so either way there's no way it would be "slow burning" because it would be considered dry & that's about the fastest burning wood you can get. We use that shit for kindling because it burns so readily & fast.
    It's probably treated, so it will burn slow. I wouldn't bbq with it, though.

Banned
    Load Metric

I didn't take the time to measure his truckload for its weight or mass.

I also don't know shit about firewood, but I do know I bought a massive pile of it for less than 30 bucks....to me that is a good value

thanks for the detailed analysis on the quality of my stash though bro

Comments

mwh72: dude is Canadian, they pay you to take firewood up there

Banned
    Load Metric
    A cord of wood is 4ft wide X 4ft high X 8 ft long

sounds about right actually....his truck was a long-bed and he was stacked at least 4 feet high. it was a massive load of clean cut wood obv from some kind of industrial 'leftover' .

we aren't talking about freshly cut 5 foot logs out of the Canadian wilderness

either way

you made your point

Comments

1marley1: he did, now gfyt

Bronze
    Load Metric
    DELETED FROM INTERNET <---------------
    Last edited by Seth; 10-02-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Load Metric

sounds about right actually....his truck was a long-bed and he was stacked at least 4 feet high. it was a massive load of clean cut wood obv from some kind of industrial 'leftover' .

either way

you made your point
    Datsun has never made a truck with a bed longer than 7 feet. Just sayin
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Bragging about a sweet deal on some fire wood?

Comments

mwh72: ice cold A/C bro

Baron Von Strucker: get a life forex lol sure, lets see your bag of money
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    tydes new book liveing like a millioniar tells you 50k workers how to live a life you now can only dream of.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Jesus christ, shut it down

tyde: my man Del never misses a beat

Banned
    Load Metric
    i don't care to debate the square footage of a circa 1980's beat up Datsun truck

I got a shitload of wood

lol retards

Comments

1marley1: lol

Load Metric
    i don't care to debate the square footage of a circa 1980's beat up Datsun truck

I got a shitload of wood

lol retards
    You opened yourself up to it when you said a chord and a half. That's really specific and implies you know what you are talking about. We are merely pointing out your audacious bragging is misplaced and inaccurate.

Comments

mwh72: calling Tyde out for bragging about wood rep
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I got a shitload of wood

lol retards
    You opened yourself up to it when you said a chord and a half. That's really specific and implies you know what you are talking about. We are merely pointing out your audacious bragging is misplaced and inaccurate.
    Sizzle, back to the betting thread. You can't make fun of a guy for not knowing how much a cord of wood is when you spell it "chord". gtfo

Comments

Hockey Guy: "cord" "chord" rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I got a shitload of wood

lol retards

so silly to imply I was 'bragging' about a truckload of wood

it was mentioned in passing......sorry if its not a whole cord etc

thanks for Googling the rear capacity of an old Datsun truck to suggest I was 'lying' about a 25 dollar firewood delivery

keep up the good work

Load Metric

either way

you made your point
    This is a cord of wood:

Name:  woodcutting_001_800x600.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  85.6 KB

Do you really think that would have any chance of fitting in the back of a beat up old Datsun?

& you said it was probably a cord & 1/2. Not even close. Maybe 1/2 cord.

I understand you like to call out others' perceived BS like you're some kind of authority. I'm just calling out your obvious BS.

Slow burning pine? That came from a manufacturing plant?

Come on man.

Comments

bukowski72: We used to get our firewood from some old drunk guy like tyde. A lot of the time he was passed out drunk and we would load the wood and just leave the money on his kitchen table under an empty pint bottle.

General Bonkers: agree with what you have said about the pine but that is more than a cord
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 10-02-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    This thread needs wood experts. Where are Step, Plop, LLL and Fluffy (and possibly Phantom)?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Marty gets scammed more than Elderly people at a nursing home.

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    no one in thier right minds burns pine. oak is the wood of choice. have none of you ever cooked on a wood stove? i have

Comments

big dick: CHOKE ON A FEW MORE PLEASE

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    HG that looks like an awful giant cord of wood. We gettin ripped off on our cords down here?

Comments

Hockey Guy: Yeah, it's obviously wider than 4 ft. but our resident expert on everything didn't pick up on it.

Thread Information