Thread: Marathon (26.2 miles) completed in less than 123 minutes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Marathon (26.2 miles) completed in less than 123 minutes

New world record.

Dennis Kimetto from Kenya did it in 2:02:57. He accomplished this at the Berlin course, which is known to be one of the easiest marathon courses. Still pretty amazing. 4 of the top 5 finishers were Kenyan.

A female from the US cracked the top 5 (3rd) in this marathon.

Shalane Flanagan finished at 2:21:14, 56 seconds behind the winner.

Top female runners always have really flat-looking bodies like this. I guess they have to. I even saw this on the cross-country team when I was a member of it in high school.

I was never able to do a marathon. I could complete about 10 miles at reasonable speed, but then I would fall apart after that. My best 10k time (6.2 miles) was 42 minutes, which I did at age 16.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    New world record.

Dennis Kimetto from Kenya did it in 2:02:57. He accomplished this at the Berlin course, which is known to be one of the easiest marathon courses. Still pretty amazing. 4 of the top 5 finishers were Kenyan.

Top female runners always have really flat-looking bodies like this. I guess they have to. I even saw this on the cross-country team when I was a member of it in high school.

I was never able to do a marathon. I could complete about 10 miles at reasonable speed, but then I would fall apart after that. My best 10k time (6.2 miles) was 42 minutes, which I did at age 16.
    Not hard to figure out why Africans do so well in this. No fucking cars and if your ass is being chased by a pack of lions you better be able to run for a long long time at a decent clip.

Load Metric
    Dang Todd before your doctor threw you out of the office cuz of your insurance he said get some excercise not watch it bro

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    New world record.

Unless I am very drunk, failed math, or you posted the totals wrong it's not 56 seconds behind the winner.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    New world record.

Unless I am very drunk, failed math, or you posted the totals wrong it's not 56 seconds behind the winner.
    Drunk. Druff didn't post women's winning time.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    African blacks have an extra slow twitch tendon in their legs. Not impressed.

Tell me how this blacks knowledge of is and it might impress me

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    African blacks have an extra slow twitch tendon in their legs. Not impressed.

Tell me how this blacks knowledge of is and it might impress me
    That's a myth there is like one in ten humans that have that extra muscle not all blacks it's all races

Bronze
    Load Metric
    New world record.

Most likely the female champion. These are usually separated by gender n age groups

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by yaahello View Post

Most likely the female champion. These are usually separated by gender n age groups
    That makes sense but goes to show how much I really pay attention to marathon runners and times. I do have respect for people who have the endurance to run these though even though in countries like Kenya and Nigeria there isn't much else to do.

Load Metric
    I do have respect for people who have the endurance to run these though even though in countries like Kenya and Nigeria there isn't much else to do.
    On TV, you don't realize how fast those elite level guys are running. Running a mile in 4:46 is impressive under any circumstances. Doing that 26 times in a row is nuts.

Load Metric
    Those guys are insanely fast.

When I was 17 or 18 years old we went running in PE in our first lesson with a new teacher. I was pretty fit at the time and I also had some real running beasts in my class.
    Teacher, around 50 years old, said that we run a short distance to a lake and do 2 rounds there (total distance must have been be around 6-8miles including running before reaching the lake) and wo ever can keep up with him is welcome to do so. He killed all of us and everyone was sweating and breathing heavily. Only our teacher looked fresh like he just stood up from a sofa - his words: 'That was a nice warm up'
    Turned out he finshed in the top5 in his age group (must be +45 or +50 year olds) in last years Iron Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

Thread Information