Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $7 for 1-year subscription to ESPN Magazine and ESPN Insider

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

$7 for 1-year subscription to ESPN Magazine and ESPN Insider

*** NOTE *** This thread has been updated with current (Dec 2018) info. Check out the end of the thread.

Original post below...

---------------------

I would like access to ESPN Insider, but I am too Jewish to pay regular price for it.

I found a site that sells a year of ESPN The Magazine for $8.25:

You go here: http://www.subscriptionaddiction.com....jsp?affid=cms

... then you select 1 year for $29.95. Then you enter coupon code CMSESPN at checkout. That brings your price down to $8.25.

You can then activate your ESPN Insider for free with your magazine label code once you receive your first issue.

It is ESPN's policy that you get Insider for free provided you have that 10-digit number from the cover of the magazine.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My dad still buys me espn Mag for Xmas every year and I get insider because of it. The activation code is on your address part

Load Metric
    ESPN is a ripoff Id never pay for that shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ESPN the Magazine is shit, and of course often the content is outdated by the time you receive the magazine. It's hard to write sports articles a month in advance.

The Insider articles on ESPN are pretty good, though, and I've really wanted access. But I don't want to pay $48 or whatever for a year of that.

Anyway I just spent the $8.25 on the subscription, and I used a prepaid VISA, so they will try to auto renew me at some awful rate after a year, and the joke will be on them.

Load Metric
    a couple years ago I did the same thing because I just wanted espn insider online and didn't care much about the magazine. I found a deal for $5 a year (lol) and yes you can get insider with the code from the magazine. In fact I think you can even get it before then if you try and login.

Insider is definitely worth it. Magazine is trash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    a couple years ago I did the same thing because I just wanted espn insider online and didn't care much about the magazine. I found a deal for $5 a year (lol) and yes you can get insider with the code from the magazine. In fact I think you can even get it before then if you try and login.

Insider is definitely worth it. Magazine is trash.
    What do you mean "try and login"?

How can I login to the ESPN site before I get an issue?

I saw some site had a $5/year deal earlier this year, but it's been expired for months. That's fine. $8.25 is okay with me. I would prefer to get Insider access as soon as possible so maybe I can get it before baseball season is over, so any tricks to get in there before I get my first issue (which will be in like 6-8 weeks) would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you order sports illustrated I think you get like a $60 copy of the new madden too. I think S.I. is much cheaper too

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I don't order cheese on my burgers because I don't really need it or even taste it. Usually saves me around 15 cents.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    If you order sports illustrated I think you get like a $60 copy of the new madden too. I think S.I. is much cheaper too
    Seven dollars and twenty five cents a year? If so I'd for sure go with that. Plus it's a weekly.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Should have stolen the copy of the magazine in the waiting room of that doctor after finding out they don't take your insurance and used that code

Comments

danzo: rofl. and good tip

gauchojake: Nice!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    ESPN the Magazine is shit, and of course often the content is outdated by the time you receive the magazine. It's hard to write sports articles a month in advance.

The Insider articles on ESPN are pretty good, though, and I've really wanted access. But I don't want to pay $48 or whatever for a year of that.

Anyway I just spent the $8.25 on the subscription, and I used a prepaid VISA, so they will try to auto renew me at some awful rate after a year, and the joke will be on them.
    if you already have a free espn account, which you should, i think you should receive an e-mail with the insider info. I don't remember it being too difficult, just try logging in with the passcode that you should have received, if you haven't received it then contact espn.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post

if you already have a free espn account, which you should, i think you should receive an e-mail with the insider info. I don't remember it being too difficult, just try logging in with the passcode that you should have received, if you haven't received it then contact espn.
    The only ESPN account I have is one I created years ago to get free insider (with a credit card for auto renewal), which I then abandoned after it expired and my credit card was dead.

But it's not associated with anything I did here.

I just subscribed to the magazine through a third party site.

What am I missing?

Load Metric
    True story, 5years ago i purchased insider and cancelled the credit card. I've been renewed every year for free since then... Todd when your year is up i'll let you use my login as long as you promise not to fuck with my FFBL league.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    True story, 5years ago i purchased insider and cancelled the credit card. I've been renewed every year for free since then... Todd when your year is up i'll let you use my login as long as you promise not to fuck with my FFBL league.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, it worked, but it was a bit of a pain.

Starting about 1-2 weeks after subscribing, call (888) 267-3684 and ask for your ESN number. If they give you only 9 digits, add a 0 in front of it.

Then go here: http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/espn-the-magazine/

Enter the ESN number in the box near the right-bottom where it says to get free insider.

It will ask you to re-enter the ESN number and then a bunch of your info.

It will then ask for a credit card but not charge you anything. I got stuck on this part because it wouldn't accept the prepaid card I used (not sure why). However I called them at (888) 549-3776 and they were able to manually force it through.

So I have ESPN insider for $8.25 for a year, plus the magazine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Nice! At least you got it and they didn't just say screw this niggardly fella.

Load Metric
    How much for PFA insider? I'd pay like $10 a year if you "outed" all the people who hide behind their avatars!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

SubscriptionAddiction.com now has ESPN Magazine (which comes with 1 year of Insider) for 7.

Use code MAGESPN7

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If you are into sports betting ESPN chalk has some interesting stuff you need Insider for. That is all I use it for but it is worth it. I don’t even know what I am paying, but I am not going to sweat it. Life is too short.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Well, it worked, but it was a bit of a pain.

Starting about 1-2 weeks after subscribing, call (888) 267-3684 and ask for your ESN number. If they give you only 9 digits, add a 0 in front of it.

Then go here: http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/espn-the-magazine/

Enter the ESN number in the box near the right-bottom where it says to get free insider.

It will ask you to re-enter the ESN number and then a bunch of your info.

It will then ask for a credit card but not charge you anything. I got stuck on this part because it wouldn't accept the prepaid card I used (not sure why). However I called them at (888) 549-3776 and they were able to manually force it through.

So I have ESPN insider for $8.25 for a year, plus the magazine.

Be honest. Was saving $20 (or whatever it was) really worth all that?

Thread Information