Thread: 2012 WSOP Conference Call Q&A

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

2012 WSOP Conference Call Q&A

I will be participating in the WSOP Conference Call this Tuesday with Ty Stewart and Jack Effel if anyone has any legitimate questions they would like me to ask regarding rules, structure, and such. I'll have a full report up at some point on Tuesday as well at PNB.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I will be participating in the WSOP Conference Call this Tuesday with Ty Stewart and Jack Effel if anyone has any legitimate questions they would like me to ask regarding rules, structure, and such. I'll have a full report up at some point on Tuesday as well at PNB.
    Will Chris Fergusons Champions banner be removed or tarped? Is he and or Howard Lederer and possibly Annie Duke barred from playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Will Chris Fergusons Champions banner be removed or tarped? Is he and or Howard Lederer and possibly Annie Duke barred from playing?
    As much as I would like to lead with that, let me wait and see how the line of questioning goes before I toss that one out there!

Load Metric

As much as I would like to lead with that, let me wait and see how the line of questioning goes before I toss that one out there!
    Why aren't the limit events structures consistant? There higher buy in events have multiple levels where the limits stay the same and the lower buy ins have increased limits every level? Is that the best solution that the tournament director can come up with?
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric

Why aren't the limit events structures consistant? There higher buy in events have multiple levels where the limits stay the same and the lower buy ins have increased limits every level? Is that the best solution that the tournament director can come up with?
    I can actually answer this for you:

#1 -- high-buy-in events tend to have slower structures and deeper starting stacks; it's just the nature of the poker beast
    #2 -- there is typically an extra day scheduled for the higher buy-in events
    #3 -- MOSTLY high-stakes pros play the high-buy-in limit events, and they tend to complain a lot and get their way

Load Metric

I can actually answer this for you:

#1 -- high-buy-in events tend to have slower structures and deeper starting stacks; it's just the nature of the poker beast
    #2 -- there is typically an extra day scheduled for the higher buy-in events
    #3 -- MOSTLY high-stakes pros play the high-buy-in limit events, and they tend to complain a lot and get their way
    I just think that the most prostigious event needs to be more consistant and uniform. Wouldn't a simple formula of an increased starting stack resolve this problem?

Thread Information