Thread: Wanderlei Silva banned for life in Nevada

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Wanderlei Silva banned for life in Nevada

Nevada Athletic Commission dropped the hammer on Wanderlei Silva today for skipping out on the drug test back in May that he was supposed to take in scheduled fight back on UFC 175 with Chael Sonnen who is also been booted from the UFC back in July. Sonnen's ban is only for two years. Silva has been banned for life.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/w...-nevada-092314

I say let these fuckers juice it up as much as they want and fight one another in a place and promotion that will allow it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Nevada Athletic Commission dropped the hammer on Wanderlei Silva today for skipping out on the drug test back in May that he was supposed to take in scheduled fight back on UFC 175 with Chael Sonnen who is also been booted from the UFC back in July. Sonnen's ban is only for two years. Silva has been banned for life.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/w...-nevada-092314

I say let these fuckers juice it up as much as they want and fight one another in a place and promotion that will allow it.
    I assume that the UFC wants to have events in the US, and every state athletic commission invokes all Federal laws.

If you can find an venue where anything goes, then we should just jump directly to gladiator fights to the death. I would pay so much money.

Load Metric
    Fuckin clownshows, these commission hearings.

The thing is, they can't ban an unlicensed fighter for life, something I think has already been played out in court in the past. They can refuse to license a guy, but banning for life is about as silly as telling Chael he couldn't do the grappling tourney.

As far as the fine goes, that's funny as well, since it's a percentage of the Wandy-Sonnen fight that never happened. They'll probably have to ship that one off to collections.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Yeah, it was called PRIDE, and it went out of business a few years ago.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information