Thread: Scammer Justin Archuleta posts confession on 2+2 for stealing $270k+

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Scammer Justin Archuleta posts confession on 2+2 for stealing $270k+

Meet Justin Archuleta. He's been a very bad boy.

Justin claims to have scammed over $270,000 from poker players, mainly through cash-for-poker-money scams, but also by way of keylogging and DDOSing while playing people heads up.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...ssion-1475503/

The arena of confession should be as large as the audience of the original offense.

I, Justin Archuleta, out of sound mind, body, and soul admit to the theft of many poker players by using digital means of many scamming techniques: Keyloggers, Chase Quickpay Scam, Paypal Scam, DDOS internet interference, 3rd party scams, Chip Dumping, Credit Card Thefts, and Twoplustwo Account Breaching.

Many of these I commited myself, and some with the help of another individual who had connection to 2p2 accounts in which I bought and gave a percentage of what I received from a scam. Largely because I had other techniques in the USA to retrieve funds to cash accounts. Also, my english was a little better to use social engineering.

I don't know the person's name and if I did it's his responsibility if he wants to come forward as I am. This is all I can say about him and that he has closed communication with me.

I am in no way, shape, or form proud of what I have done.

I have repented seriously with God in July and cried hard. I feel really bad for what I've done and wish that all my victims give me a chance to make things right. I've come a long long way to get to this point. My last scam was last year around August for $8000 to young_bluffkin.

Please forgive me, I was desperate, lacked self control, and didn't know the seriousness of what I was doing.

DEC 2013 and JAN 2014 I composed this list as a step in my seriousness to make things right. I tried my best to remember every person and every dollar I took and wrote it down in my notepad.

Here it is...

Michael Goetsch $4000 / Poker Stars
    Colin Procyshyn $500 / Win Cake
    cbayly12 (2p2) $7000 / Lock Poker
    macgyver 72 (2p2) $3000 / Lock Poker
    Jkidd1084 (2p2) (this wasn't me but the guy I just mentioned, he blamed me but ill take the blame) $2000 / Moneybookers
    shhball47 (2p2) $1000 / Lock Poker
    Brian Martinez $500 / Lock Poker
    Tim Cramer $2000 / Lock Poker
    cwazymonter (2p2) $500 /Netspend
    solotalent2 $1000/ DDOS / Lock Poker
    Lester Suppes $3,300 / WU / Sold stolen funds
    ebet33 (my first scam) $1000/ Carbon Poker
    young_bluffkin (2p2) $8000 / BOA
    Trevor Pope $1500 / traded stolen funds
    H3is3NB3RG (Party Poker) $10,000 / Party Poker
    Missy1950 $1400 / Poker Book
    LovePuddle $2000 / Lock Poker
    Die_In_Fire $5000 / Juicy Stakes
    heretokillit1 $2000 / Lock Poker
    Sean Anthony $70,000 / Lock Poker $4000 /DDOS
    Micah Smith $100,000 / Lock Poker $40,000 / Winners Poker
    MrGoomba (Lock) $4100 / Lock Poker $3000 DDOS
    Tobystevens0 $200/ Carbon Poker
    AndrewStHilaire $1,800 (traded stolen funds)

Compromised 2p2 Accounts
    PaperEmpire
    Surfdoc
    Zamees
    babar86
    gimmetheloot
    aba20

I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I will do my best to pay it all back that matters to me more than anything and I know I can do it.

Life is about doing good to others and I want to follow the path of righteousness!

I will use my knowledge to improve Science, The Economy, and Well Being of others lives.

I quit poker, I quit weed and growing, I turned away from all things bad and want to do right by God's commands and God's principles. He has grace and is forgiving it's not an easy walk but it's SO AMAZING. I can see his helping hand in my life now that I decided to turn away from all sin. I just can't explain what's been happening to me this last month. I know GOD is working in me and I prayed before I posted this that this message will be a powerful tool for others in some away.

To my victims:

I am very sorry for what I did, what hurts me the most was that some of this money was saved for newborn childs and I took it away from you unexpectedly. Honestly, I know what it's like, I've been burned a lot. But I FORGIVE all who trespassed against me. And hope you forgive me as well. Deep in my Heart I know what is right and am doing what is right. I promise to do my best to repay, I just got a new job and have a side business as well refinishing furniture and airbrushing. I also want to have one of the largest greenhouse clusters in the world (but don't tell anyone shhh)...I hope to expand the ventures and do what is right by law as well. Because I had other plans to repay which was a grey area in the law and realized finally it's not right and very dangerous. I gave that up.

I broke free.

Justin Archuleta
    (ArchuletaJustin1@Gmail.com)

Ps. If you have nothing nice to say please don't say anything at all. I know I'll be banned soon because obvious reasons but feel free to email me, especially victims so we can arrange a payment plan. I've come clean so it should be obvious to you that I have no bad intentions.

I've admitted this to my friends and family already so please do not slander them, I am here. Email me. I'm not afraid, just very sorry.

Take care everyone.

There is some question as to whether or not it's really Justin posting, but I believe it is. At the very least, many of the victims have come forward and described these figures as accurate.

The most eye-popping one was the Micah Smith $100k Lock Scam. You can read about it in this 2+2 thread, from 2012 (though Justin isn't named or known as the perpetrator at the time): http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...564-a-1247003/

Justin seems to be taking the dual "I found God and am so sorry" and "I'm going to pay everyone back" routes to this confession.

It is unclear why he is willing to confess all of this, given the fact that he could possibly be prosecuted for it. However, perhaps he's emboldened by the fact that nobody has ever been prosecuted for stealing online poker funds. (The only cases to my knowledge are ones involving blackmail.)

He claims to currently live in the Bakersfield, California area, picking fruit (not even kidding).

His methods for these hackings seem to generally be gaining access to trusted accounts on 2+2, arranging trades of online cash for money, and then never sending the money. Much of the money stolen was Lock funds, so it's unclear how much he actually cashed out.

He also gained access directly to people's poker accounts.

He would gain this access by tricking people into running executable files through Skype or other chat systems, claiming they were opening up a hand history or viewing a picture. The executable would then install a keylogger on their system, and he would gain their passwords. In other cases, the executable would be a Teamviewer type program, where he could see their screens, and then would play them in poker and see their hole cards.

One interesting claim of his involves that he met the 2+2 password hacker of 2012 while trying to get rid of stolen Lock funds, and that person sold him various compromised 2+2 accounts, which he then used to scam people:

I might open another thread and do this if I have permission. The twoplustwo account hackings were done by someone I met selling micahs funds, and he saw what I did and was impressed and put his faith in me. He said he got the accounts from a guy that cracked pws, and that he was a DJ and part of "anonymous". He would sell accounts for $70-$750 depending on post count and reputation.

I would give him cash up front and 10% of funds I was able to retrieve in cash.

I hate that I destroyed peoples accounts and reputation.
    He laughably offered to pay people $20/week ("all I can afford") to start paying back debts.

Some of his victims, such as Micah Smith (who got taken or $100k) acted forgiving, or at least feigned forgiveness in the off chance of getting paid eventually.

Others responded angrily and threatened to have him put in prison. This drew a weird response from Justin:

I cannot honor your request at this time because you are the one being delusIonal. I'm sorry for what I've done but I can't respect your contradiction.

How is $20/week a slap in the face, I'm working legally now but before I had plans to pay by growing weed. I was offered $300k a month for 200lbs/month @ $1500/unit. ($1875/HR Full Time). I got the investment and got picked up on my warrant ( I was on the run) halfway through the flowering cycle and this guy only gives one chance. I know I'm worth way more than that. I feel I'm worth over 1.5M a month. This $300k well be a drop in the bucket. I'll sacrifice my whole income to my victims. I just ask you think long and hard before you post again and don't be so hasty. I don't think you see the big picture here, only the $8k I took from you.

Have a nice day.

You almost had me fooled...
    The above post outraged a lot of people, as they felt Justin wasn't actually taking any of this seriously, and in fact he had simply showed up to taunt his victims.

Others felt that Justin was sincere but delusional/crazy.

Even others felt that someone else was posting as Justin, perhaps an accomplice to the whole thing. However, I don't buy that. Some of the victims even said that Justin's posting style and knowledge of the situations are very consistent with what they would expect from him, minus some of the abstract craziness.

Justin does have a criminal record.

Here is an old mugshot from Texas, after he was caught breaking into a home:

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Texa...a.6937472.html

Here was an old 2+2 post by "Rainbow Warrior", warning people about Justin after some of his scams came to light back then:

Justin E. Archuleta

Netspend card number is 4046214477068089
    Netspend username is bossman222
    Chase quick pay name - Justin Archuleta
    Location - Texas
    Lock email - Anthonys915@yahoo.com
    Lock email - zeezee21@yahoo.com
    Lock email - dannlon@hotmail.de
    MB/Skrill account - pokertraders@gmail.com - name is Jason Wells
    BCP - mycargo160
    Cake or Lock - SinBad2332
    Carbon - TripleSeas, TakinSips
    Pstars - IGotThis521
    aim-akarchie23,
    Skype - tigerstripes46, john stewart, joemay, john.doja1
    email - archuletajustin@gmail.com
    phone - 720 999 xxxx (# posted by ebet33)

The whole thread is very peculiar. I believe the poster to be Justin, but I am on the fence as to whether he is:

- Trolling
    OR
    - Completely nuts
    OR
    - A born again religious nut who thinks he will make things right
    OR
    - A combination of some of the above

Amazingly, some idiots in the thread are suggesting that people shouldn't attempt to send him to jail, because that would prevent him paying anyone back. You know... with that lucrative fruit-picking job he claims to have...

Bronze
    Load Metric
    manic in a swing=nuts

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Now, if only that scammer Jeff Latka would find Jesus

Bronze
    Load Metric
    i havent read the whole 2+2 thread yet so I might be off but a couple quick thoughts..

- perhaps he is just admitting to what has already been proven to throw up smoke?
    - he continues to scam and might even make small payments to keep the heat off.

I think his actions go far deeper than what was posted. I tried to help a person who was scammed back on January 2014. Justin wasn't flagged but the activities were similar (though only for $3K). I think he often logs in and plays on the accounts to dump to other accounts (that are either his or other people who are part of his scam). That appears to be what occurred back in January 2014.

< Removed comments >

Justin admits to getting compromised 2+2 accounts. That is how I believe this small $3K January 2014 scam was done.

I sent a long rambling email to Druff about it back then. Problem was this though:
    - it was long
    - it was rambling
    - it was only $3K
    - I was mostly speculating throughout
    - Druff is busy and I really didn't have much

I am just bringing this up here to say that it is very much possible that Justin's posts are a smoke screen to allow him to continue doing what he is doing.
    Last edited by vookenmeister; 10-04-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Unsubstantiated comments.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I finally made it through the thread.

Druff -> have you read from here on? http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=637

One thing is the poster talks about how Ian and justin had similar Twitter feeds. One possibility is Ian is the real scammer and Justin and Ian are the same person or Ian is using Justin's name/identity? So many layers. All I can do is guess.

Fascinating

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vookenmeister View Post
    i havent read the whole 2+2 thread yet so I might be off but a couple quick thoughts..

- perhaps he is just admitting to what has already been proven to throw up smoke?
    - he continues to scam and might even make small payments to keep the heat off.

I think his actions go far deeper than what was posted. I tried to help a person who was scammed back on January 2014. Justin wasn't flagged but the activities were similar (though only for $3K). I think he often logs in and plays on the accounts to dump to other accounts (that are either his or other people who are part of his scam). That appears to be what occurred back in January 2014.

The person who was dumped to back then was jackpotmil1 who I just realized was mentioned in the micah thread... http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=829.

Granted it could just be because jackpotmil1 was a frequent heads up player (and thus involved indirectly by being available to play against). It got my attention back then because it seemed weird that someone would compromise an account just to joyride (though possible). Plus, when I did research jackpotmil1's 2+2 posts he came off as kind of a douchebag (it is 2+2 though). It made me want to dig further.

Justin admits to getting compromised 2+2 accounts. That is how I believe this small $3K January 2014 scam was done.

I sent a long rambling email to Druff about it back then. Problem was this though:
    - it was long
    - it was rambling
    - it was only $3K
    - I was mostly speculating throughout
    - Druff is busy and I really didn't have much
    - I still have no clue if jackpotmil1 was related at all.

I am just bringing this up here to say that it is very much possible that Justin's posts are a smoke screen to allow him to continue doing what he is doing. jackpot1mil could be an innocent bystander so please don't take this post as another more than mentioning a correlation.
    Ok, so because a John Doha admits on skype that jackpot_1mil is a friend of him = proof of the friendship/involvement.

And who is John Doha?

How much Win Cake account balances were supposedly "dumped" to jackpot_1milīs account?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Towerflower View Post
    Ok, so because a John Doha admits on skype that jackpot_1mil is a friend of him = proof of the friendship/involvement.
    definitely not.

And who is John Doha?
    no clue. I didn't read deep on that history.

----

----

on a side note, there is a mention in the threads by Archuleta of "MrPadawan". He says "MrPadawan" was the guy who gave him the stolen 2+2 accounts. Ironically if you type "MrPadawan cardingmafia" into google you will find that "MrPadawan"'s 2+2 password was dumped back in March 2012 on this cardingmafia hack site. Be careful clicking on any links associated. Also, the "mrpadawan" account was dormant for almost 19 months before posting in the xfer thread in November 2012. Is this related? No clue. just interesting that the account "Justin" referenced as being the person who gave him stolen 2+2 passwords was actually a published hacked account.
    Last edited by vookenmeister; 10-04-2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Removing more references.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    For me the situation is very clear:

There were very few and very delayed withdrawals in January 2014. Why should jackpot_1mil risk the forfeiture of his 100000s of account balance for a 3,9k chip dump to his account, while he is anyway not able to withdraw his 100000s? This makes absolutely no sense.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    For me the situation is very clear:

There were very few and very delayed withdrawals in January 2014. Why should jackpot_1mil risk the forfeiture of his 100000s of account balance for a 3,9k chip dump to his account, while he is anyway not able to withdraw his 100000s? This makes absolutely no sense.
    I was not familiar with either how deep he was or how hard Cashouts were on wincake. If both were the case I agree. I will cleanup my comments.

Thread Information