Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can't be Sirius

Load Metric

You can't be Sirius

Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    Hey, SS, i like the new you, assertive, confrontational, no more emasculated, submissive bottom SS

I suppose you now even demand to get paid for your work at bluff
    If anything, I'm less confrontational now than before. I've quietly retired the "SrslySirius" persona and taken most of my videos down.
    I am speechless.

chronicle
    n. noun
    An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material......

Your material "chronicled" an era in poker. It WAS legendary.

Did fluffer's lawyer send you a letter?

Did you order 3 cotton button down white shirts, 1 pair of khaki pants and a smart little blue blazer from Lands End?

I am issuing a summons for an explanation and apology forthwith.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-22-2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: I have written & deleted "faggot" three times while writing this post

Load Metric
    Limitles started a thread asking who was the Beatles genius. Someone posted how all the great stuff was done when the artists were young.

This is true.

The young guns of poker often bink the lotteries that are tournaments cause they play like they don't give a fuck.

Has our little boy grown up and become middle aged?

You are gonna be like Derek Jeter, spending the rest of his life remembering when he could hit the fast ball.

You soon will be signing autographs with Pete Rose at the Mirage.

"Hey, dad! Didn't that used to be SrslySirius?"

Please don't give a fuck.

Load Metric
    Did you miss one Thomas?

Load Metric
    Nice try deleting them off my itunes
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Did you miss one Thomas?

Gotta say, first class video production, +1.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Did you miss one Thomas?

I have no right to remove videos that were collaborative projects. This includes Seiborg (The Micros), High Society (PokerTube), and all videos made for BLUFF. I could ask nicely, but I'd rather just honor the agreements.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Seriously srsly, sorry tom, sorry, it's Thomas, why did you take down the videos and retire your SS persona?

Load Metric
    I have no right to remove videos that were collaborative projects. This includes Seiborg (The Micros), High Society (PokerTube), and all videos made for BLUFF. I could ask nicely, but I'd rather just honor the agreements.
    Taking Seiborg down would be grounds for a vendetta

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    still to this day whenever i hear the real song of the parody of "party at the doj" i bust out the only rap i know,. which is the SS version.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Thomas is like a nickelodeon actor trying to change their wholesome image

Looking forward to twerking and sex videos Thomas

Load Metric
    I have retired from making stuff like this and have delisted most of the videos on my YouTube channel.

Looking back through this thread, I think it turns out that this guy...

Originally Posted by Vuggie
    if the author of this video seems to have implicitly claimed higher moral ground than the guy he criticizes, he has now surely descended to the same level, if not lower. you know, people can easily tell how much self-respect you have by seeing how you treat others. if your job or your hobby or whatever is to make fun of others (who may no doubt deserve it), even in doing that there should be a line where you should just stop

was pretty spot on.
    Bollocks.

Poker is a public activity. Not a single one of the subjects of your parodies sought to avoid the public eye. Many outright profited, via sponsorship, from the attention.

Videos were pretty light hearted. You hardly broke any new info or made any new accusations.

We all related to the videos from our own experience. As an example, personally I barely knew who Marafiotti was and really only viewed that particular video as comedy/satire. If someone knew Marafiotti personally, I doubt your video changed that persons perception/opinion.

Believe me 9/10th of your viewers really could give a shit about guys like him and are just looking for a laugh.

If it stimulated discussion - well that would be terrible, huh?

You got skills Sirius. You have a talent for hitting just the right tone. No one really likes an outright asshole. No one enjoys a guy who is "holier than thou". Those guys usually don't have staying power.

Your videos were popular. So I would contend you were "not that guy".

Look, let us know if you want to jump the wall of the Choice Center compound. We'll be on the other side with a quart of ice cream, half a tank of gas & a pack of Marlboros.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-22-2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: I actually looked at 2+2 today - same dopey site I remembered

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Choice center got u to stop.

Load Metric

Angry

This is just so wrong. Srsly GOAT!

Load Metric
    It's all part of the rap game.

Before you know it he will come out of retirement not satisfied with the current rappers.

Comments

jsearles22: legit LOL

Banned
    Load Metric
    Bollocks.

Poker is a public activity. Not a single one of the subjects of your parodies sought to avoid the public eye. Many outright profited, via sponsorship, from the attention.

Videos were pretty light hearted. You hardly broke any new info or made any new accusations.

We all related to the videos from our own experience. As an example, personally I barely knew who Marafiotti was and really only viewed that particular video as comedy/satire. If someone knew Marafiotti personally, I doubt your video changed that persons perception/opinion.

Believe me 9/10th of your viewers really could give a shit about guys like him and are just looking for a laugh.

You got skills Sirius. You have a talent for hitting just the right tone. No one really likes an outright asshole. No one enjoys a guy who is "holier than thou". Those guys usually don't have staying power.

Look, let us know if you want to jump the wall of the Choice Center compound. We'll be on the other side with a quart of ice cream, half a tank of gas & a pack of Marlboros.
    Matthew Marafioti is a guy going through severe emotional problems. He looks dejected every time I encounter him. Making fun of him in such a public spectacle wasn't the equivalent of punching a bully in the face. It was kicking a man while he was down. I know he felt it too, because he's made it very clear how much it bothered him.

It's not just about him though, it's more about me. And it's not just about being mean. Once you recognize that the videos are only funny because they're attacking people, you see that the rest of it doesn't hold up. Show these videos to anyone that doesn't get poker, and they'll tell you what garbage it really is. I can't sing. I can't rap. I can do some neat things with video editing and motion graphics, but none of that is apparent in these lazily made slideshows.

The only reason my videos got as popular as they did is because nobody else was doing anything like it at the time. It was novel. Someone with more talent could easily have done the same thing and done it much better. I think enough time has passed that the novelty has worn off and nobody is really impressed anymore.

Comments

superallah: fair.

Load Metric
    Bollocks.

Matthew Marafioti is a guy going through severe emotional problems. He looks dejected every time I encounter him. Making fun of him in such a public spectacle wasn't the equivalent of punching a bully in the face. It was kicking a man while he was down. I know he felt it too, because he's made it very clear how much it bothered him.

It's not just about him though, it's more about me. And it's not just about being mean. Once you recognize that the videos are only funny because they're attacking people, you see that the rest of it doesn't hold up. Show these videos to anyone that doesn't get poker, and they'll tell you what garbage it really is. I can't sing. I can't rap. I can do some neat things with video editing and motion graphics, but none of that is apparent in these lazily made slideshows.

The only reason my videos got as popular as they did is because nobody else was doing anything like it at the time. It was novel. Someone with more talent could easily have done the same thing and done it much better. I think enough time has passed that the novelty has worn off and nobody is really impressed anymore.
    Name:  mckayladisappointed.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  48.8 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bollocks.

You are being too hard on yourself.

Let me give you a little (true) anecdote about a non-poker person who observed your work.

My girlfriend is a musician, and though her job has nothing to do with music, she has long engaged in music as a serious hobby.

She has never played a hand of poker, and only marginally knows about the characters in the poker world from hearing me talk about them. However, she is pretty much an "outsider" to this community and always will be.

Her reactions to your songs/videos were:

- "These are really funny!"

- "This guy actually has a lot of talent. It's easy to see by watching these, even not knowing all of the inside references."

- "I really want to see more of his work."

She doesn't even care for insult humor, but yours was so lighthearted that she didn't see it that way.

Fortunately she's not into younger guys, or I might have been a bit worried.

I think it's a mistake to take down those videos. If you were running for public office, sure I could see having to remove them because that sort of thing can be twisted to make you look bad. However, as you are apparently looking to advance your career in media, I think the videos speak very highly of your abilities.

Don't feel guilty about Marafioti. Yes, the guy has major emotional problems, but he's also a major asshole. And likely a cheater. So that's the last person to feel sorry for, even if you were kicking him while he was "down". I mean, I prank called Russ Hamilton on radio while he was "down", and I didn't feel the slightest bit of guilt. Marafioti isn't as bad as Russ, but you get the point. It's not like you got laughs by making fun of Chad Brown's cancer, or whatever. Your jabs were at people who had either done something wrong or knowingly thrust themselves into the spotlight for attention reasons.

Load Metric
    Oh I'm sorry I thought this was America.

Load Metric
    Shirley you cannot be sirius
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Bollocks.

Marafioti was just another player in the landscape of huge characters that marked that era. All the same bluster and bravado.

I know he was just a source of material to you. I think everyone else does too.

You didn't know Marafioti was a bit off.

Anyway, That era is over. A magical confluence of your talents, your poker involvement & the Wild West that was poker.

You dismiss the sophistication of your videos. Your success had to do with content and style . You just posted a South Park clip in another thread. South Park makes my point.

I enjoyed your work. I can't help but feel you are like Cezanne or Monet destroying your art. You don't have the right, lol.

You aren't gonna cut off your ear and donate to the freeroll, are you?

It is that time of the year when the political ads are running on TV.
    I can't escape the notion of you doing political videos. No guilt.

I am not 20 and often could not identify the artist you were sampling but that didn't matter.

Political ads using your rap would blow up huge. Can you do that in 30-60 seconds? That would be god.

Bonus - absolutely no guilt about the target of your humor! They are all evil.

When you get sprung from Choice Center we can make a few phone calls. Hillary keeps trolling my Facebook.

Thread Information