Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Willie lied, people died

Load Metric

Willie lied, people died

I don't know if Willie wants to divulge the full details of our bet, but let's just say that Willie has financial incentive for the Cardinals to get more than 90.5 wins, and I have financial incentive for the Cardinals to get fewer than 90.5 wins. Looks like it's going to be a nice sweat. The Cardinals are at 87 wins with 6 games to go, starting with the world famous Chicago Cubs.

Starting this thread so I can rub it in his ugly face when he loses
    Last edited by PLOL; 09-22-2014 at 01:51 AM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

rickastley: annoying avatar

Hockey Guy: Hard to believe your new avatar fits within the size restrictions for this site. I'd fuck her.

Load Metric
    How could you?

TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Sick sweat. How long ago did you set that number? Pretty balls on.

I like his side slightly. You need the Pirates to lose, so that they can rest guys. At Cubs and at Arizona are bad news for you. They could win 4 in 6 even sitting guys. I think I heard the flu bug has hit the Cards.

Willie -125

Load Metric
    Going to land on 90

Comments

PLOL: God bless you

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Sick sweat. How long ago did you set that number? Pretty balls on.

I like his side slightly. You need the Pirates to lose, so that they can rest guys. At Cubs and at Arizona are bad news for you. They could win 4 in 6 even sitting guys. I think I heard the flu bug has hit the Cards.

Willie -125
    We made the bet before the season started.
    TRUMP 2024!

Banned
    Load Metric
    rickastley: annoying avatar

Comments

WillieMcFML: the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Going to land on 90
    hcy?

can't wait for the cards to shove it down plop's throat

Comments

Kuntmissioner: innuendo rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Going to land on 90
    hcy?

Sorry Willie, I have to make sure plop has rent money in Chitown. My guess is he stood me up because he's currently homeless waiting on the outcome of the NL Central.

If he loses, he may immediately drive to his first Mexican location.

Comments

Hockey Guy: lol

Load Metric
    Was the phrase "in the regular season" attached to that bet? Think you are in trouble either way. Cards chasing LA for home field if they play, so they have incentive to keep winning.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    backing up the :moneytruck

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

hcy?

Sorry Willie, I have to make sure plop has rent money in Chitown. My guess is he stood me up because he's currently homeless waiting on the outcome of the NL Central.

If he loses, he may immediately drive to his first Mexican location.
    you have no idea how bad it is for him. plop doesn't even have hot water for showers.

#truestory

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wainwright might be a 20 game winner, but he's no Kershaw.

Wainwright is what Kershaw would be if he got completely bombed about once every 4 starts.

In any case, I'm happy to have Wainwright on one of my fantasy teams, but no question that he's the 2nd best pitcher in the NL.

I am a little bit worried about the Dodgers and NLDS home field advantage, but the Dodgers pretty much suck at home and have the best road record in MLB, so perhaps it's for the best that the Cards pass them.

Key to beating the Dodgers is to get into extra innings with them at Dodger Stadium. Pretty much an automatic loss for LA in that spot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Wainwright is what Kershaw would be if he got completely bombed about once every 4 starts.

In any case, I'm happy to have Wainwright on one of my fantasy teams, but no question that he's the 2nd best pitcher in the NL.

I am a little bit worried about the Dodgers and NLDS home field advantage, but the Dodgers pretty much suck at home and have the best road record in MLB, so perhaps it's for the best that the Cards pass them.

Key to beating the Dodgers is to get into extra innings with them at Dodger Stadium. Pretty much an automatic loss for LA in that spot.
    you almost make it sound like being the 2nd best pitcher in the national league over a large sample is a bad thing. kershaw really is that good, though

sucks for wainwright - one of the best, most consistent pitchers of his generation but will forever be a bridesmaid

Load Metric

I feel the exact same way about the Royals. I believe the Royals have the 2nd best road record in baseball after the Dodgers. The Royals are 42-39 at home and 43-32 on the road. The Royals are a pitching and defense team and Kauffman is built just for that. So that makes it even more puzzling really. The only explanation is the young inexperienced Royals team must just play looser on the road. Not nearly as much pressure. For that reason alone, im fine with where the Royals are now. Whether they win the division, wild card, play in games or whatever there is almost a 100% chance those will be on the road.
    Also their last 7 games are on the road which bodes well for them. They won the first one last night.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

The biggest game in Kershaws career so far is game 6 of the 2013 NLCS, Dodgers down 3-2 facing elimination. Kershaws line? 4 ip, 10 h, 7 r. against a team that can't hit leftys. Get him out of those ball dead parks in the NLW, especially the one he plays half his games in, hes maybe a #4 starter for the Cardinals. Hes just an overated media sensation Hollywood girly boy. Sorry Druff, but your precious world is going to come crashing down soon enough. Again.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Plop -115

That Cubs pitcher tmrw has been on. Pirates continuing to win adding to the sweat.

Load Metric
    Wainwright can always polish his World Series ring if he starts to feel sad and second best.

Actually, him and Kershaw are pretty similar dudes. Both religious guys, married to their high school sweethearts. Maybe since it's a plop thread, we will find out they are secretly fucking.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

The biggest game in Kershaws career so far is game 6 of the 2013 NLCS, Dodgers down 3-2 facing elimination. Kershaws line? 4 ip, 10 h, 7 r. against a team that can't hit leftys. Get him out of those ball dead parks in the NLW, especially the one he plays half his games in, hes maybe a #4 starter for the Cardinals. Hes just an overated media sensation Hollywood girly boy. Sorry Druff, but your precious world is going to come crashing down soon enough. Again.
    His road ERA is something like 1.85.

Kershaw was worn out by the time he got to NLCS Game 6. He actually almost never gets bombed, so that was a fluke.

He got bombed once this year, 7 ER against Arizona shortly after returning from injury. Other than that, he always keeps the score low.

He is like 62-0 in his career when the Dodgers score 4 or more. Seriously. Think about that for a second.

Interestingly he has sucked in spring training in both 2013 and 2014.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Wainwright can always polish his World Series ring if he starts to feel sad and second best.

Actually, him and Kershaw are pretty similar dudes. Both religious guys, married to their high school sweethearts. Maybe since it's a plop thread, we will find out they are secretly fucking.
    Intentional ring comment/ Druff bait, but no bite. My troll needs to be stronger.

Thread Information