Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Price to the Detroit Tigers

Load Metric

David Price to the Detroit Tigers

Yea the Oakland A's and Detroit Tigers pretty much just went all-in in 2014. So who wins the AL now???

Load Metric
    Is this official? I don't see it yet.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I have sources and am in FL. Also, I really know sports, a little known fact about, "garrett" LOL...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Traded Austin Jackson in this deal he just go pulled in the middle of the game having his best month ever hitting wise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I have sources and am in FL. Also, I really know sports, a little known fact about, "garrett" LOL...
    I didn't realize this was a brag thread.

Just so you know, BnP posted the same news 2 minutes before you in the other thread so I guess he's better than you.

edit: & yes, it's now being reported on ESPN & TSN here in Canada.

Comments

garrett: lol ANYTIME BNP wants ot have a meeting of the minds pertaining to SPORTS, I AM GAME!!!
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Traded Austin Jackson in this deal he just go pulled in the middle of the game having his best month ever hitting wise.
    The Tigers have swung a blockbuster trade, acquiring David Price from the Rays in a three-team deal with the Mariners. The Mariners are acquiring Austin Jackson from the Tigers, and the Rays are getting infielder Nick Franklin from Seattle and Drew Smyly from Detroit.

Load Metric
    2011 Cy Young Award winner: Justin Verlander. 2012: David Price. 2013: Max Scherzer. All in same rotation now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    The Tigers have swung a blockbuster trade, acquiring David Price from the Rays in a three-team deal with the Mariners. The Mariners are acquiring Austin Jackson from the Tigers, and the Rays are getting infielder Nick Franklin from Seattle and Drew Smyly from Detroit.
    Mariners made out great in this deal. Tampa Bay is in rebuild mode.

Load Metric
    "garrett: lol ANYTIME BNP wants ot have a meeting of the minds pertaining to SPORTS, I AM GAME!!! "

Seriously dude, WTF is wrong inside your fucking head? Do you ever have a normal conversation/interaction with anyone?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    "garrett: lol ANYTIME BNP wants ot have a meeting of the minds pertaining to SPORTS, I AM GAME!!! "

Seriously dude, WTF is wrong inside your fucking head? Do you ever have a normal conversation/interaction with anyone?
    why respond to this mongoloid, nobody is behind the wheel

Comments

garrett: You are Norwegian WTF do you know about MLB, keep wasting your time kissing Sonatines asshole, faggot!
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    2011 Cy Young Award winner: Justin Verlander. 2012: David Price. 2013: Max Scherzer. All in same rotation now.
    Anibel Sanchez is incredible also.

Scherzer/Price/Anibel/Verlander > Lester/Gray/Samardzija/Chavez

This is a short-term fix for the A's who will probably lose Lester once he hits free agency after this year although what many people forget is who the Oakland P's are out for the year, and are both starters in A.J Griffin/Jarrod Parker. Griffin and Parker coming back from season ending injuries probably also makes Lester more disposable after the season is over.

The Rays blew up the ship and he was so beloved within that organization it will be really interesting to watch how the Rays play going forward. They do have Matt Moore coming back next year who is a very good starter, but David Price was the unquestionable ace and they shipped him off for Drew Smyly which I can not see sitting well with the Rays players. I would bet against the rays heavy in the coming games/weeks.

The Tigers just did the impossible in getting Price for only Drew Smyly. I do not see how with this rotation with the bats they have, do not win the World Series this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Tigers just did the impossible in getting Price for only Drew Smyly. I do not see how with this rotation with the bats they have, do not win the World Series this year.
    Tigers also gave up Austin Jackson sir, get your facts straight. Rajai Davis is quicker and capable of playing center but the Tigers better hope Davis stays healthy because after that everyone they throw in center will be a defensive liability and not bring much from a hitting standpoint.

Load Metric

Tigers also gave up Austin Jackson sir, get your facts straight. Rajai Davis is quicker and capable of playing center but the Tigers better hope Davis stays healthy because after that everyone they throw in center will be a defensive liability and not bring much from a hitting standpoint.
    BNP don't let this forum stroking your ego, get you made a fool of!

The TAMPA BAY RAYS only got Drew Smyly (and Nick Franklin NOT a P) for David Price is obviously what I meant. So you do not read between the lines very well, at all. Austin Jackson is going to the Mariners. So get YOUR facts straight hotshot.

Comments

gut: i mean really....just fail.

Load Metric
    Pretty sick starting rotation. Billy Beane probably let an audible "Fuuuuuuuuuck" go at the news of that one. I do expect the Tigers to keep dicking around during the regular season, though. Cleveland and KC just refuse to ever go for it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

BNP don't let this forum stroking your ego, get you made a fool of!

The TAMPA BAY RAYS only got Drew Smyly (and Nick Franklin NOT a P) for David Price is obviously what I meant. So you do not read between the lines very well, at all. Austin Jackson is going to the Mariners. So get YOUR facts straight hotshot.
    What's your problem? No ego here one bit but you said in your words:

The Tigers just did the impossible in getting Price for only Drew Smyly.
    They still gave up more then Drew Smyly since Austin Jackson was included in the three way deal.

I don't really have any problems with you and never really have but shit like this makes me realize why a lot of people do.

Load Metric
    Tampa also got a young shortstop from Detroit named Adames (I think). Only 18, but rumored to be their most coveted prospect by other teams.

Load Metric
    Tigers have a rotation for the ages. Wow.

Dumbrowski slow rolled me but I'll let it go.

Going to be a great fall.

Comments

gut: even as a Twins fan, the dumbrowski thing is retarded.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Tigers have a rotation for the ages. Wow.

Dumbrowski slow rolled me but I'll let it go.

Going to be a great fall.

Soria was shitty again today.

What about the dice roll of Verlander going to the bullpen for playoffs?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Pretty sick starting rotation. Billy Beane probably let an audible "Fuuuuuuuuuck" go at the news of that one. I do expect the Tigers to keep dicking around during the regular season, though. Cleveland and KC just refuse to ever go for it.

The Royals are crazy for not making any deals. Bruce Chen and Guthrie are bums, James Sheilds is very good and Yordano Ventura can throw 100mph but is wild. They really needed to get someone in the rotation to solidify that staff and maybe an outfielder, yet did nothing. LOL, Royals.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

The Royals are crazy for not making any deals. Bruce Chen and Guthrie are bums, James Sheilds is very good and Yordano Ventura can throw 100mph but is wild. They really needed to get someone in the rotation to solidify that staff and maybe an outfielder, yet did nothing. LOL, Royals.
    Shields is a free agent to be. They should have traded him if they weren't going to attempt to improve at the deadline.

Thread Information