Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'd like to think he Rice wouldn't ever be re-instated but when it comes to the NFL wtf knows?

Never reinstated? Why is that? Please elaborate. People are acting like he murdered someone or some shit. He hit the bitch. No one is condoning that action at all. But people advocating for lifetime bans for a guy who has never had any issues at all are simply ignorant. Under the new rules a first time offender gets 6 games. Can anyone tell me why Ray Rice is suspended indefinitely instead of getting 6 games?

Obviously it was horrible but many NFL players have done worse.

Ben Roethlisberger got 6 games (reduced to 4) for probably raping some girl.

Donte Stallworth committed vehicular manslaughter as did that fat fuck on Dallas.

It's stunning how poorly this was handled from the get-go. If he had just been initially slapped with 4-6 games none of this would have ever happened.

Goodell presumably has a massive team of advisers and they all determined that 2 games was the right amount after seeing a video of him dragging her out of an elevator?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'd like to think he Rice wouldn't ever be re-instated but when it comes to the NFL wtf knows?

Never reinstated? Why is that? Please elaborate. People are acting like he murdered someone or some shit. He hit the bitch. No one is condoning that action at all. But people advocating for lifetime bans for a guy who has never had any issues at all are simply ignorant. Under the new rules a first time offender gets 6 games. Can anyone tell me why Ray Rice is suspended indefinitely instead of getting 6 games?
    Actually Ill go a step further. Yes under the new rules its 6 games however his infraction happened BEFORE Goddell laid out the rules. This is what is called essentially an Ipso Post Facto situation. IE you cant set a penalty for an infraction for a criminal act and then suddenly decide what was a misdomenor should now be a felony and the guy whos on probation suddenly is doing 5-10 in the slammer... Its fine to have the ground rules and everybody knows what the deal is but to change his penalty from 2 games which likely wasnt the right call to indefinitely (essentially sounds to me like Goddell has handed down a 2nd strike penalty under his new guidelines here) seems beyond acceptable and a clear violation of the CBA, granted I dont expect the NFLPA to stand up for Rice in this case, it sets a really fucked up precedant that the Commish can hand down a penalty and then suddenly decide after he's handed down the penalty it deserves more. For Example, say a guy gets suspended for 2 game for a nasty head shot, and then suddenly the player who got injured has a massive head injury or worse guy strokes out and dies from a brain bleed, and the outcry is soo bad the Commish suddenly suspends the offender the rest of the year. (say were barely a few games in).. You cant tell me the shit wouldnt be hitting the fan with the NFLPA screaming about unfair treatment and double jeopardy type situation..

Load Metric
    Something to note also. With Rice suspended indefinitely he cant go to Canada to play in the CFL either while under suspension, not saying he would want to, but as long as the NFL has him tied down with the banhammer over his head he literally cant earn a living playing football anywhere.. Based on that alone and having already had a decision/punishment handed down makes me think Rice may have a legal case to sue Goddell and the league potentially.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Their is no need for people who do this shit in the NFL or any pro sports in general but the NFL has given several second chances to people who might not of deserved them for their conduct off the field.

No matter what Ray Rice career is shot because nobody is going to want to endorse him so that revenue stream will be gone and many owners won't want to pick him up after this because they won't want the bad rep. Rice fell off last year and even if he is reinstated for next season the most teams won't come knocking at the door for a running back that appeared to be on the decline.

The NFL gives players second chances all the time when they probably shouldn't. If these players making big money can't carry themselves better off the field then they should just tell them to fuck off because the league don't need that.

With that said it's true that they have let the Ray Lewis, Ben Roethlisberger, and Michael Vick's of the world back in the league.

Banned
    Load Metric

Remember?

Banned
    Load Metric
    seriously though, him falling down needs to be a gif.

Load Metric
    Roger is really hating that he took on the role of John Q. Law since being the commissioner.

It's absurd that he may lose his job over something the DA didn't even prosecute. And all the groups are pissed at him instead of the actual law, and you can't feel that bad for him because he embraced that role.

Dude makes $42 million/year. If he just works until retirement he is in line to lose over $400 million. If he went 70 like Stern, over $600 million. That's just insane. To lose that over a cat who ran for 3 yards a carry last year would make you want to blow your brains out.

Rice didn't do him any favors by looking like he would be perfectly calm boarding up bodies with Chris Partlow and Snoop in west Baltimore. I think his demeanor was as damaging as the hit.

Banned
    Load Metric
    You don't make 42m/yr without having a top notch legal team behind you, so that you can weasel your way out of things like this. Even if it breaks that the league did have this footage prior to his LOL 2 game suspension.

This actually is going down at a pretty good time for him... you know.. the start of the fucking season! Come Sunday people will be bitching about their fantasy teams and not about this Rice folly.

I'm sure the owners will support him, whether it's behind closed doors or not, alongside his Jew army of a legal staff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    You don't make 42m/yr without having a top notch legal team behind you, so that you can weasel your way out of things like this. Even if it breaks that the league did have this footage prior to his LOL 2 game suspension.

This actually is going down at a pretty good time for him... you know.. the start of the fucking season! Come Sunday people will be bitching about their fantasy teams and not about this Rice folly.

I'm sure the owners will support him, whether it's behind closed doors or not, alongside his Jew army of a legal staff.
    Lol, good timing.

The second Roger Goodell costs the owners one dollar in revenue he will be walking out the door with his possessions in a cardboard box.

$40 million a year in salary makes putting up a fight worthwhile.

However, when Tampax pulls their sponsorship or any other advertising cancels it's game over Roger.

The last big market was women. Alyssa Milano & my wife have a fantasy team. My wife gets upset when the cornerbacks prevent Megatron from catching more passes. So we accommodate her and make it the "no touch" NFL.

Condoleezza Rice will prolly be Deputy Commissioner at a minimum.

Oprah picks up the phone and Roger is toast.

Comments

SrslySirius: Oprha picks up the phone rep

simpdog: SS who is Oprha?

Crowe Diddly: Oprha is the bitch who makes all the phone calls for Oprah rep

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  44.8 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    In before Rice blames it on ptsd from concussions.

Not sure what this world is coming to. You cant smack a bitch for getting out of line. You cant beat up fags anymore shit you cant even call them fags unless you're a fag yourself then its ok.

You would think with a black president you would be allowed to keep your pimp hand strong.

Im on RR side completely. Anyone whos not has clearly never spent anytime with a black chick. They're basically dudes with tits and ass.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Not sure what this world is coming to. You cant smack a bitch for getting out of line. You cant beat up fags anymore shit you cant even call them fags unless you're a fag yourself then its ok.

You would think with a black president you would be allowed to keep your pimp hand strong.

Im on RR side completely. Anyone whos not has clearly never spent anytime with a black chick. They're basically dudes with tits and ass.
    The NFL is getting all fagged up.

When will there be a woman in the booth, Shady?

Load Metric
    All the jokes about Ray Rice are great. His best days are in the rear view mirror anyway.

This is about the NFL and is a far more interesting battle. This is going to be a victory for "fag ball".

NFL's scores in ratings makes the TV biz willing to follow the game plan
    http://bostonherald.com/entertainmen...biz_willing_to

Talking about Thurs Night Football
    "There is no programming on TV in any daypart that's as powerful as NFL football," says CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus. "It dominates the ratings, no matter when it's on; there's nothing that comes close. And if you have the opportunity to add more NFL football to your schedule, you jump at the opportunity."

Football also reaches a more diverse audience than ever. Hill says the female share for pro pigskin has gone from around 40% some 20 years ago to around 48% last season. "So 20-25 years ago," he says, "you would make your promos for your new season shows aimed at a male bias. Now you don't have to." The league may have had its female viewers in mind when it recently introduced increased penalties for players guilty of domestic violence: A second offense now results in a lifetime ban.

When your wife has a fantasy team and she is marketed to by the NFL what you will get is "fag ball". The concussion issue assures this will be so.

Look "fag ball" is more fun than a lot of other sports to watch. It bears a striking resemblance to the sport your father watched on Sunday afternoons. Your wife can explain where the defense went.

Fag ball rules, which include 58yd shady pass interference penalties, give part time employees opportunity for extra income.

The NFL officials are much too important to the outcome. This is the NBA which nobody takes seriously.

Condoleeza Rice for commissioner. Can you imagine? Yeah, I can.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-11-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Load Metric
    Told ya she was just drunk. He and that giant metal elevator rail barely touched her head!

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: admitting you were wrong rep. I didn't think you had that in you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

The NFL is getting all fagged up.

When will there be a woman in the booth, Shady?

Im all for women if they really know what their talking about. If Hillary would have won over Osama this country would be alot better off.

Load Metric

Im all for women if they really know what their talking about. If Hillary would have won over Osama this country would be alot better off.
    This is one of those rare instances where I agree with you. I don't care for Hillary at all but I do believe she is more decisive than he is.

Load Metric
    Brittney Griner's Clit: admitting you were wrong rep. I didn't think you had that in you.

Jesus, you must think I am the biggest of assholes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    I think Goodell is done. They were just talking on CNBC about removing the NFL's tax exempt status. If that happened he is fucked and it would start a wave affecting other leagues like the NHL who also have tax exempt status.

All this because they didn't do the right thing -- a six games suspension.

Comments

son of lockman: me think he done too

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  P1U3Xw4.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  180.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

This is one of those rare instances where I agree with you. I don't care for Hillary at all but I do believe she is more decisive than he is.
    I know down south you keep your women in the kitchen and I have to admit Im slightly jealous.

Thread Information