Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupation Ottawa feb 4th weekend

Load Metric

Occupation Ottawa feb 4th weekend

For those that don’t know an antivax convoy has literally taken over downtown Ottawa for the past week forcing nearly everything to close in a radius of 5 by 5 blocks. Numbers have been dwindling down but thousands of new protesters are expected to come in this week.

Canadian police forces tend to be much less aggressive and militarized than American. As a result they’ve basically allowed the convoy to do whatever they want.

Residents of Ottawa have become increasingly frustrated with the city core being taken over and police unable to do anything . Government is refusing to speak to protesters so it’s basically a standstill with residents being held hostage. The convoy leaders have said they are not leaving until every single covid regulation has been dropped.

Now where things are really gonna get intersting is it’s expected that a counter protest of potentially thousands of people is being staged for this weekend.

Right now things have been peaceful but there is big potential for some shit to go down this weekend.

When I get home from work I will post links to a lot of the live streams and update here.

Comments

country978: ty for starting this post

garrett: interesting

The Shrink: Thanks for starting

dwai: BLM riots okay though

gimmick:

Pablo: Looking forward to seeing the highlights

Baron Von Strucker:

Gold
    Load Metric
    You think its fair to say they're anti-vax? My understanding is that most of them are already vaccinated and are protesting mandates not the vax itself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    You think its fair to say they're anti-vax? My understanding is that most of them are already vaccinated and are protesting mandates not the vax itself.
    From watching live stream most are antivax. I’ve been watching the streams every day for 1-2 hours. They go about interviewing everybody. In fact most are anti mask even. If you where a mask there they will call you out publicly.

Many who have been vaccinated did so because they had to to keep their jobs.

I have family who work at parliament. Also a few friends who live downtown Ottawa so I know the area very well. I used to live there as well.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    From watching live stream most are antivax. I’ve been watching the streams every day for 1-2 hours. They go about interviewing everybody. In fact most are anti mask even. If you where a mask there they will call you out publicly.

I have family who work at parliament. Also a few friends who live downtown Ottawa so I know the area very well. I used to live there as well.
    A person wearing a mask outside should be called out imo. What the hell is the sense in that? Its the dumbest look ever. Its 10x worse than people paying good money for ripped jeans.

Load Metric

A person wearing a mask outside should be called out imo. What the hell is the sense in that? Its the dumbest look ever. Its 10x worse than people paying good money for ripped jeans.
    I don’t wanna derail the thread too much as we have these discussions in the covid thread and want to keep them there and have this thread focus on downtown ottawa. But yes in most circumstances masking outdoors doesn’t do anything for a healthy person.

I will say interestingly the counter protestors are all going to be masked supposedly.

Also you may have read in the other thread where I called out the protestors for not going after the provincial government as they do most mandates. Well turns out a group is also looking to hit Toronto this weekend to protest provincially. Also The city of Toronto is considering mandatory vax for taxi drivers era I’m told and that they could join truckersz

Gold
    Load Metric
    Thank you. I'd never want to offend Canadian sensibilities. Lots of people in the world are watching this thing unfold. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Load Metric
    Ottawa is a circus right now.

It originally started as a protest against vaccine mandates for truckers.

But then it became a larger protest against mandates in general and it's attracted all kinds of pah-ticipants.

One of the organizers is a guy named Pat King. He's been a prominent anti-everything guy in Canada throughout the pandemic.

He seems nice:

There's some kind of controversy swirling around his involvement with the $10M+ raised through gofundme for the protests. I'm sure we'll hear more about that soon.

There's also that Chris Sky dude who made his way to Ottawa. You probably recognize Chris Sky from this video:

He's been deplatformed from pretty much every social media site. Total chode. He even got in a feud with Rebel News which is kind of like Canada's version of Newsmax: https://www.rebelnews.com/chris_sky_..._david_menzies

But my absolute favourite character to enter the fray is a woman named Romana Didulo.

I encourage you to do a deep dive on her because it's bananalands but here's the gist:
    She's a Filipino woman who is the self-declared "Queen of Canada." She has a bunch of followers who believe that she is the rightful leader of Canada or some such nonsense. Here's some more back story on her:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8417379/q...nline-threats/

Here some footage of her royal contingent:

And here she is giving a speech to the crowd. With such charisma and impeccable orating skills, it's no wonder she has gained such a following! Go off, Queen!

https://twitter.com/CarymaRules/status/1489326612139151369

Anyways, she's clearly nuts and anyone who followers her around and believes this stuff has mashed potatoes for brains.

This is the problem with the protest - there are a large number of people who have legitimate concerns with the mandates and should be able to protest peacefully but then you have these fringe lunatics (as well as a handful of dipshits waving Nazi and Confederate flags) involved and it weakens the message that most of the protesters are trying to send.

I have a couple of friends who live in downtown Ottawa right now and they say it's hell. Horns are blasting 24/7 and many local businesses are closed to avoid unruly protesters. One of my buddies has been a huge anti-lockdown guy throughout the pandemic and he's been quite outspoken the last week or so about how much he hates the protesters.

I'll end with this video of an Ottawa resident losing his mind at some protesters:

(and he's right that the mandates are provincial, not federal)

Comments

BetCheckBet: queen romana

Bronze
    Load Metric

What happened to everyone should be able to decide for themselves? Do you mean everyone except for those who decide to do something you don't agree with?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post

What happened to everyone should be able to decide for themselves? Do you mean everyone except for those who decide to do something you don't agree with?
    I don't particularly care. I think its dumb to be masked outside but I don't personally call anyone out for this or for wearing ripped pants (not including my own kids). So, yes, we should all be free to make our own choices. You're right to point this out. Thank you.

Load Metric
    I think they have reasonable grievances and demands. And it looks like all Ottowans are not againsts them. It's detestable of Trudeau to paint them as racists.

POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    For those that don’t know an antivax convoy has literally taken over downtown Ottawa for the past week forcing nearly everything to close in a radius of 5 by 5 blocks. Numbers have been dwindling down but thousands of new protesters are expected to come in this week.

Canadian police forces tend to be much less aggressive and militarized than American. As a result they’ve basically allowed the convoy to do whatever they want.

Residents of Ottawa have become increasingly frustrated with the city core being taken over and police unable to do anything . Government is refusing to speak to protesters so it’s basically a standstill with residents being held hostage. The convoy leaders have said they are not leaving until every single covid regulation has been dropped.

Now where things are really gonna get intersting is it’s expected that a counter protest of potentially thousands of people is being staged for this weekend.

Right now things have been peaceful but there is big potential for some shit to go down this weekend.

When I get home from work I will post links to a lot of the live streams and update here.

SO A PEACEFUL PROTEST IS AT RISK OF BECOMING NOT SO PEACEFUL ONCE THE ALT LEFT SHOWS UP.... GOT IT.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric

Left wing Canadian govt. is planning for another Charlottesville, VA. Put 2 groups of people together that don't like each other & when the crap hits the fan the left wing media can blame it all on the right wing protesters.

It worked once, will have to see what happens this time.

LOL CANADA
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the part about the political turmoil. So basically, the Conservative Party is the official opposition in Canada. They just lost the Federal election to Trudeau and the Liberals in September. Their party leader, Erin O'Toole, had been heavily criticized for not being more supportive of the protesters. Recently, the Conservatives have been losing ground to the right-wing People's Party of Canada which is led by Maxime Bernier who has been very outspoken about mandates.

Here's O'Toole talking about mandates shortly before the protest began:

When the protest began, there was blood in the water and there was a call for a leadership review to possibly remove him. O'Toole released this statement:

https://twitter.com/Travisdhanraj/status/1488365549042257920

Then next day the Conservatives voted him out as leader of their party.

The interim leader is Candice Bergen.

No, not this Candice Bergen:

Name:  bergen1.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  111.2 KB

This Candice Bergen:

Name:  bergen2.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  119.4 KB

Still with me?

Anyways, they came to Ottawa to get rid of Trudeau but they got O'Toole instead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the part about the political turmoil. So basically, the Conservative Party is the official opposition in Canada. They just lost the Federal election to Trudeau and the Liberals in September. Their party leader, Erin O'Toole, had been heavily criticized for not being more supportive of the protesters. Recently, the Conservatives have been losing ground to the right-wing People's Party of Canada which is led by Maxime Bernier who has been very outspoken about mandates.

Here's O'Toole talking about mandates shortly before the protest began:

When the protest began, there was blood in the water and there was a call for a leadership review to possibly remove him. O'Toole released this statement:

https://twitter.com/Travisdhanraj/status/1488365549042257920

Then next day the Conservatives voted him out as leader of their party.

The interim leader is Candice Bergen.

No, not this Candice Bergen:

Name:  bergen1.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  111.2 KB

This Candice Bergen:

Name:  bergen2.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  119.4 KB

Still with me?

Anyways, they came to Ottawa to get rid of Trudeau but they got O'Toole instead.
    The front runner right now seems to be Pierre poilievre. He represents one of the most antivax ridings in Ontario. His provincial mpp is randy hillier who’s reputation proceeds him. Poilievre is not quite as crazy but it’s definitely a big departure from otoole. He’s much more dangerous than hillier though.

Load Metric
    THIS IS TERRORISM!!!!!

ROFL THE MASKS DON'T WORK

THE VACCINE CLEARLY DO NOT WORK

ANY OF YOU IDIOTS WHO STILL THINK THIS IS ABOUT A VIRUS HANG YOURSELF

Load Metric
    There had been calls for the Ottawa police chief to step down given how poorly they handled the situation. Looks like they are now changing tune by today’s press release and will be taking a more active role.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, February 4, 2022; 9:00AM

(Ottawa) – The Ottawa Police Service and its partners are implementing a surge and contain strategy in Ottawa’s downtown neighbourhoods to further protect neighbourhoods, restore order and prevent unlawful activity.

In connection with ongoing demonstrations, Ottawa’s downtown residents and businesses continue to be severely impacted by unlawful acts, including harassment, mischief, hate crimes, and noise violations. We know that additional demonstrators are coming, and we are significantly increasing our policing resources to respond.

To prevent and reduce the impacts of demonstrators entering the downtown core, and to improve neighbourhood safety, the Ottawa Police Service is implementing the following measures – effective immediately

Major deployment of police officers in the downtown neighbourhoods: There will be approximately 150 additional uniformed and non-uniformed officers dedicated to only patrolling and addressing unlawful and threatening conduct in the most impacted neighbourhoods including: Centretown, Sandy Hill, Lowertown and the Byward Market. This includes working with City and NCR officials to prevent unlawful and unsafe use of public space by demonstrators.

Expand and harden perimeter of the demonstration red zone: The Ottawa Police Service and City of Ottawa will be utilizing concrete and heavy equipment barricades to create no-access roadways throughout the downtown core. The City of Ottawa will be releasing a map of impacted roads later today. Protestor vehicles will be directed to designated parking zones outside of the downtown core. Illegal parking by demonstrators will result in by-law enforcement, removal and impound. If necessary, interprovincial bridges, highway off ramps and/or roads will be closed.

Enforcement directives: The surge of police officers will result in enforcement to restore public safety. This includes increased investigation enforcement and charges for all criminal acts related hate, harassment, assaults (including spitting), intimidation, and mischief.

Enhanced intelligence operations and investigations: National, provincial and local intelligence agencies have increased efforts to identify and target protestors who are funding/supporting/enabling unlawful and harmful activity by protestors. Investigative evidence-gathering teams are collecting financial, digital, vehicle registration, driver identification, insurance status, and other related evidence that will be used in criminal prosecutions. Every unlawful act, including traffic violations, will be fully pursued regardless of origin.

The primary focus of each of these measures will be on the unlawful behaviour connected to the ongoing demonstrations (including parallel and counter demonstrations).

We strongly urge all demonstrators and those engaging with demonstrators to act lawfully, peacefully and respectfully.

The hatred, violence, and illegal acts that Ottawa residents and businesses have endured over the last week is unacceptable in any circumstance. The Ottawa Police Service and the City of Ottawa are bringing significantly greater resources to restore order, hold offenders to account and protect our neighbourhoods.

The current occupation of the Parliamentary Precinct remains unresolved despite significant success in reducing the number of trucks/demonstrators while preventing riots, injuries and death. We take no solace in these operational successes. The demonstrators in this red zone area remain highly organized, well-funded, and extremely committed to resisting efforts to end the demonstration safely. This remains a very volatile and very dangerous demonstration.

The Ottawa Police Service continues to work with the national security agencies, the RCMP, the OPP and other police agencies. We are also working with all three levels of government, to affect a safe, timely and lawful end to this unlawful and unacceptably dangerous demonstration.

Public safety remains paramount as does our commitment to work with all levels of government and all parts of civil society to bring this demonstration to an end.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I haven't seen any evidence of this being anything but a peaceful protest. We seem to have a lot of videos of people waving flags and dancing and none of any violence against locals or of there having been deliberate property damage.

Load Metric
    I haven't seen any evidence of this being anything but a peaceful protest. We seem to have a lot of videos of people waving flags and dancing and none of any violence against locals or of there having been deliberate property damage.
    Zero reported school shootings or police homicides in Canada yesterday as well

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    HATE CRIMES LOL, MY SIDES. ANYTHING TO DEMONIZE A PEACEFUL PROTEST. HOW MANY BUILDING TORCHED SO FAR? HOW MANY COP CARS STOLEN AND BURNED?

Comments

Baron Von Strucker:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Was driving last weekend not realizing there was a rally organized for that day all seemed cool there were a few people on the viaduct’s along the highway… on the way back there was thousands of people lining the road and covering the off-ramp berm’s waving flags and holding signs saying fuck tredeau… 😂. I have to say this is a first for me, I have never seen or heard of Canadian’s organized against the government at this level.
    I thought to myself someone found there balls today and felt quite proud at the visible support in this cause, personally I don’t care one way or the other, nothing that has been done have not disrupted my Busness in any way other than ~15% growth.
    Would like to see the border open with less restrictions as the tests are stupid… a friend went to. Vegas with negative PCR test ~$300 when they arrived they went straight to get tested they knew they were negative at that point… went partying for three days and flew home with in the allotted time required and plenty of opportunity to contract the virus. So the restrictions are easy to game and mostly impossible to monitor. These stupid restrictions should be removed and folks who want to triple mask can do so at there leasure and it’s he masses can carry on with there lives as they like.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Thread Information