Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can anybody watch ESPN First Take?

Load Metric

How can anybody watch ESPN First Take?

I haven't watched this show in years but caught a few minutes this morning after flipping from the incessant coverage of the Saints.

How does this show still draw ratings? Skip Bayless was and is a complete blowhard who isn't even smart and him and Stephen A. Smith just yelled at each other about Lebron for five minutes.

Who watches this show?

Load Metric
    i watch it for the lulz with my coffee

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I saw Steven A Smith at a restuarant a couple years ago. What people don't know, is the guy is 6'-9" tall. I could not believe it when I saw him. Guy is a large dude. He was a good college basketball player from what I have read.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The only time I watch it is when I am in a hotel on the road and I'm getting ready for meetings. Bayless gets paid to act stupidly, it's the only explanation. He is curmudgeonly old bastard who is wrong about everything.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The PHA View Post
    I saw Steven A Smith at a restuarant a couple years ago. What people don't know, is the guy is 6'-9" tall. I could not believe it when I saw him. Guy is a large dude. He was a good college basketball player from what I have read.
    I guess that was supposed to be funny or something.

Bayless is a great little actor to carry out the wishes of the suits in Bristol, be as outrageous as you can be and act any way to get max ratings and we will pay you a ridiculous salary and promote you endlessly.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Bayless is a great little actor to carry out the wishes of the suits in Bristol, be as outrageous as you can be and act any way to get max ratings and we will pay you a ridiculous salary and promote you endlessly.
    Where is the comedic value in a guy being tall?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Did anyone watch the Laker game last night? That female commentator was soooo annoying. By the end of the game I was like stfu annoying bitch. Maybe it's just me but she was really annoying. Oh and some points the officiating made me think they were doing their part extend the series another game, but probably not.

Stephen A Smith pwns Ryan Clark so hard lol.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Because nothing you said was even remotely accurate so you are either stupid or trying to be funny.

Load Metric

Because nothing you said was even remotely accurate so you are either stupid or trying to be funny.
    Holy fuck you are the worst.

Anyway, Skip Bayless fills me with rage. He is maybe the single biggest douchebag on TV. I would rather hack my own head off than listen to that guy.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Maybe 6-9 is inaccurate. Maybe he was 6-4, I did not walk up to him with a tape measure. All I I know is he appears on TV like a midget and he is a pretty tall dude. All I saw was him get up from a table.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Maybe 6-9 is inaccurate. Maybe he was 6-4, I did not walk up to him with a tape measure. All I I know is he appears on TV like a midget and he is a pretty tall dude. All I saw was him get up from a table.
    He is 6 feet tall.

And he was never good at basketball.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  lebrick1.jpg
Views: 1806
Size:  34.2 KB

First Take has its moments. I generally watch the Dan Patrick show while I am getting ready in the morning. But if I am not interested in whatever they are talking about, I will switch to First Take. Him and Stephan A do have a tendency to beat a topic to death, ie Tebow last football season and Lebron every year. Skip is better with football than basketball. He still says dumb contrarian things, but at least he has some insight.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If Steven A Smith is 6'9 than shaq is over 8', get your head out of your ass.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Bronze
    Load Metric

I remember him as 6-9. These fake photoshop videos you post are laughable.

The guy is a giant. Both in size and personality.

He also averaged 20 points in college but a elbow injury ended his career.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I remember him as 6-9. These fake photoshop videos you post are laughable.

The guy is a giant. Both in size and personality.

He also averaged 20 points in college but a elbow injury ended his career.
    Here is him standing in a picture with (I believe) Amare, who is around 6'9". Looks like he is probably in the low 6' range.

Name:  197336_hk9vy0equwmdk_al.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  81.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Worst shows on ESPN right now are Around The Horn, Number Show? (With Michael Smith), Dan lebanerds show sucks and the worst show ever on ESPN is Sporrtsnation.

First take is decent and I used to hate Skip but some stuff he is dead on about like the Tebow stuff (he is 100 % on target) and other stuff he just trolls

Like I have seen him talk about how Tiger wasn't great because he never came behind on Sundays. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU COME FROM BEHIND WHEN YOU WIN EVERY FUCKING TOURNAMENT? He was saying this shit when Tiger was in his prime.

His other one was last year when he was saying Rodgers wasn't even the best QB in League and said he had a lot to prove! This was after going 15-1 winning a super bowl and being a lock for the MVP.

All year skip would talk about how he wasn't great because he never came from behind. WELL WHEN YOU WIN BY 20 PTS EVERY WEEK YOU DONT NEED TO SOME FROM BEHIND!

Load Metric
    ESPN has gradually joined the rest of cable "news" channels in the TMZ'ing, dumbing-down of whatever its reporting. Shows like Around the Horn and First Take, they appeal to the 75% of potential viewers who don't want any rational, statistical discussion about, say, Tebow being the one of the worst starting QB's ever. They're content with hearing "HEART AND CHRISTIAN AND ROLE MODEL AND DERPDERPDERP."

Mention xFIP, BABIP, and ISO and that 75% is snoozing and turning the channel. But "OMG MATT KEMPS GIRLFRIEND RIHANNA IS AT THE GAME, SO HE HIT A HOME RUN!!!"keeps 'em tuned in.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    You must be very short to see him as that tall. Smith is only 6'1" though he did play for Winston Salem University where he went to school.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Worst shows on ESPN right now are Around The Horn, Number Show? (With Michael Smith), Dan lebanerds show sucks and the worst show ever on ESPN is Sporrtsnation.

First take is decent and I used to hate Skip but some stuff he is dead on about like the Tebow stuff (he is 100 % on target) and other stuff he just trolls

Like I have seen him talk about how Tiger wasn't great because he never came behind on Sundays. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU COME FROM BEHIND WHEN YOU WIN EVERY FUCKING TOURNAMENT? He was saying this shit when Tiger was in his prime.

His other one was last year when he was saying Rodgers wasn't even the best QB in League and said he had a lot to prove! This was after going 15-1 winning a super bowl and being a lock for the MVP.

All year skip would talk about how he wasn't great because he never came from behind. WELL WHEN YOU WIN BY 20 PTS EVERY WEEK YOU DONT NEED TO SOME FROM BEHIND!
    Sorry man he actually said when Stephan A asked him would you take Tebow over Aaron Rodgers he said I just might. The guy has no credability at all. He says the dumbest shit in the world.

You were almost correct Stephan A is 100% correct on Tebow The guy cant throw. I like Tim Tebow but he cant throw. That is 100% accurate.

Thread Information