Thread: Coinbase bans people who play on Seals

Load Metric

Coinbase bans people who play on Seals

Druff mentions flushraw.net on his show sometimes and I now read it every day. Pretty cool news site. Anyway here is some Micon news and it involves giant BTC wallet Coinbase.

http://www.flushdraw.net/news/coinba...ambling-sites/

Coinbase wrote to a Seals player and banned them

Upon review of your Coinbase account, we have determined that we can no longer provide you access to Coinbase Services. Please understand that Coinbase is a regulated Money Service Business under the FinCEN division of the U.S. Treasury Department and as such, we are required to review accounts in order to ensure compliance with regulations.

Gambling is illegal under US law even if you live outside of the US we cannot provide services to your account for the purpose of any type of gambling activity.

Please note that we have not blocked access to the bitcoin balance currently in your Coinbase account; while we can no longer process transactions of this bitcoin via our banking relationship, you may send this bitcoin to a local wallet or another bitcoin address.

In the event that your controls change and you are able to prevent such activity from occurring on your platform please let us know and we’d be happy to review your compliance program and evaluate your account to see if we can support it in the future.
    It looks like they told the guy fuck off, you can't do transactions here anymore, all you can do is cashout your BTC. Pretty fucked up but looks like they are scared about being busted via the UIGEA.

Of course Micon is saying its no big deal but I think one day they are gonna lead him away in handcuffs. Coinbase is a pretty big fucking deal in the US and if they have identified Seals as a place they want to stay away from, I wonder if a knock on the door from the feds is coming next.

Load Metric
    Just send ur btc to a wallet first. I never send anything directly from cb.

Banned
    Load Metric
    How do they recognize the address as belonging to a SWC account? I don't keep up with this stuff anymore, but I thought it was virtually untraceable.

Load Metric
    if i was micon this would terrify me. it might be nothing, but it's also not unrealistic to think coinbase took this position only after being pressured by a government agency who advised coinbase of its obligation to be mindful of who it's doing business with. i.e., bitcoin gambling sites may be on the DOJ's radar

Load Metric
    Micon won't last long on prison food

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Micon doesn't give a fuck. Micon is moving into minimini Kimdotcom territory buying bitcoin sculptures at auction:

Kialara Coin - 100,000 bits. Buyer-Funded
    http://imgur.com/a/BN6M4

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comm...scius_coins_i/

Latest KimdotCom:
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles...in-new-zealand

Banned
    Load Metric
    Yea, I'm not sure how they'd know it's going/coming from swc. It's also not smart to just leave your BTC laying around in CB. Get a separate wallet for storage etc.

All this kind of seems super standard but I guess the world still needs ditch diggers.

Thread Information