Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ca. Man left in cell for 4 days.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ca. Man left in cell for 4 days.

SAN DIEGO (AP) — After two days of being handcuffed in a tiny holding cell and desperate for food and water, Daniel Chong said he realized he had to stop wondering when he'd be let out and start thinking about how to stay alive.

Entering what he called "survival mode," and already drinking his own urine, he futilely tried to trigger an overhead fire sprinkler for some water, stacking clothes and a blanket and swinging his cuffed arms in an attempt to set it off.

Chong, 23, a student at the University of California, San Diego, had been picked up in a drug sweep but was never arrested or charged.

He spent four days forgotten in the 5-by-10-foot windowless cell before Drug Enforcement Administration agents opened the door.

"I just couldn't believe that this was legal," Chong said in an interview Wednesday with the Associated Press. "I'm thinking 'no way.'"

After his release, he spent five days in the hospital for dehydration, kidney failure, cramps and a perforated esophagus. He had lost 15 pounds.

His attorneys filed a $20 million claim Wednesday against the Drug Enforcement Administration, saying his treatment constitutes torture under U.S. and international law.

http://www.timesunion.com/default/ar...ve-3530750.php

Imagine being in there for 4 days, and having them finally open the door. Only to say "who are you, where did you come from?"
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    Holy shit that is so fucked. How many millions you think that guy will get?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Shit I really don't know. From what I have gathered I think 20 millions is the max for something like this. I don't really see how a jury couldn't and wouldn't award the full 20mil.

Load Metric
    depending on his lawyers its hard to tell. if he gets awarded 20 mil he might get 12-14 mil

Load Metric
    They should have just had him "commit" suicide while in custody. They would probably still be paying out money but it wouldn't look quite as bad.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    They should have just had him "commit" suicide while in custody. They would probably still be paying out money but it wouldn't look quite as bad.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post

He aint getting millions, it was only 4 days.

I would say o/u 500k.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

I would say o/u 500k.
    Four days handcuffed in a dark cell with no food or WATER? n-word are you crazy?

Load Metric

I would say o/u 500k.
    Four days handcuffed in a dark cell with no food or WATER? n-word are you crazy?
    People get millions these days for spilled coffee or telemarketer harrasment... this dude is getting paper... I would do 4 days in this environment for what he is about to get.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    People get millions these days for spilled coffee or telemarketer harrasment... this dude is getting paper... I would do 4 days in this environment for what he is about to get.
    Id do a week for half of what he gets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Shit a week and a half? I did just under 3 years. For 10 million, I will eat bread and drink my own piss for a year. Easy money.

Load Metric
    Well it is California and they do have lawsuit lottery laws basically somebody fucks you over and your set for life out there. One problem is the damn problem with Soverign Immunity which Im sure Druff will weigh in on., Essentially they can file a lawsuit all they want but you can sue the US Government unless it gives you permission to sue it.. Ironic huh?? Hence why no lawsuits have been filed or been able to be pushed by poker players against the DOJ and what not and related topics.. Unless Uncle Sam says its ok to sue him you cant do jack shit.. This will never get to court.. The feds will settle in fact his best hope is to be an illegal alien because then he'll get even more as itll be seen as a hate crime by some left wing pussy inthe DOJ.. Downside is the dude aint black and we all know Holder is much more down for handing otut he cash to the brothers then he is some gook who ended up in a horror version of Harold and Kumar.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

No you wouldnt because you would be dead.

I also agree with an earlier poster; no way this guy actually gets $10 million. He will be lucky to get $2 and then his lawyer takes half. He will be broke by this time next year. 23-year old drug addicted student with a cool milly in his pocket? Yeah, that shit isnt lasting too long.
    Last edited by jsearles22; 05-04-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Load Metric

I would say o/u 500k.

LOL....no

Load Metric
    Lol at all you motherfuckers who say you would go through what he went through for however much money. After 24 hours you would be begging jesus christ to get you out of there or kill you. No amount of money would be enough for you to go through what he went through for four days. Four days of insanity and praying for death.

Load Metric
    Lol at all you motherfuckers who say you would go through what he went through for however much money. After 24 hours you would be begging jesus christ to get you out of there or kill you. No amount of money would be enough for you to go through what he went through for four days. Four days of insanity and praying for death.
    +1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hex I have to agree with you because I don't think anyone can go through the same exact thing as him. In the original story, and I didn't see this the first time reading it, but he did an overwhelming amount of Meth also. There was a white powder in his cell according to the authorities, and he ate it all.

If I had to take the Meth there is no way I could do it.

Load Metric

This +111111111

Reminds me of the short lived TV show "Take the money and run" where people had to hide a briefcase full of money and then detectives had 48 hours to interrogate them and find the case. In 2 of the 6 episodes people cracked due to the isolation and gave up the location of the case. All they had to do was keep their mouths shut for 48 hours and the two contestants split $100,000 and 2 of the 6 groups cracked and gave up the money. They were in MUCH better circumstances as well, a lit room, people to talk to, being fed, etc.

Just being in a dark room alone with yourself is enough to drive someone crazy, you lose track of time, your senses, etc. and you go fucking insane. Add hunger and thirst to that and everyone saying "I would do 4 days for that much money" would be banging on the door, begging to be released within the first 24 hours.

You could have a countdown clock in the room with you and you wouldn't be able to do it but this guy had no fucking clue how long it had been or when, or if, he would ever get out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

This +111111111

Reminds me of the short lived TV show "Take the money and run" where people had to hide a briefcase full of money and then detectives had 48 hours to interrogate them and find the case. In 2 of the 6 episodes people cracked due to the isolation and gave up the location of the case. All they had to do was keep their mouths shut for 48 hours and the two contestants split $100,000 and 2 of the 6 groups cracked and gave up the money. They were in MUCH better circumstances as well, a lit room, people to talk to, being fed, etc.

Just being in a dark room alone with yourself is enough to drive someone crazy, you lose track of time, your senses, etc. and you go fucking insane. Add hunger and thirst to that and everyone saying "I would do 4 days for that much money" would be banging on the door, begging to be released within the first 24 hours.

You could have a countdown clock in the room with you and you wouldn't be able to do it but this guy had no fucking clue how long it had been or when, or if, he would ever get out.

I honestly think a lot of people could get through this if they knew going in that it was 96 hours and the conditions would be horrible. Serial is spot on when he mentions that this guy had no idea when, or if, he would be leaving that room alive.

Also, it said he had a perforated esophogus. Was he trying to rip his own throat out? Damn!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

This +111111111

Yes sir, exactly.

Thread Information