Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOL Politics: Will Rand Paul Be the Next POTUSOA?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    KONY 2016!
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    If you could vote in a non religious, non jew, non negro, non corrupt President - with a smoking hot wife. That would be great. Thanks

The world won't be holding its breath though.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Discuss.
    Sadly, the GOP is well on its way to becoming a regional party. Its base will be white, Christian, gun-toting, southerners. Middle of the road voters across America are becoming tired of the guns, God, and gays agenda. They want economic prosperity. They want problems solved. Republicans are increasingly viewed as obstructionists who are unwilling to compromise. They play to their base. That is fine in Tennessee and Wyoming, but won't win in the key states needed to win the presidency.

I say sadly, because I believe in conservative principals, ie. less government is better. Although, I am a Democrat, I come from a family of Goldwater Republicans. My problem is that I have never seen Republicans reduce government spending in my lifetime. They love to cut taxes, but they never cut spending. That is a fact.
    Republicans need to work on cutting spending, but they are still the lesser of two evils when it comes to spending.

The problem with the Republicans over the last 20 years is that they forgot what made them successful in the first place -- almost like a poker player who has a winning style, kicks ass at the tables, and then changes his style for no reason and repeatedly loses. That player would usually go back to what originally worked, but for some reason the Republicans can't do the same thing.

In 1994, the Republicans (led by Newt Gingrich -- a guy who is great ideologically but poor at actually governing) identified where the Democrats were weak, set aside their differences, united, and presented a message that America cared about. And the Dems got their clocks cleaned.

1994 Republicans focused on crime (a big issue in the early '90s, as it had just reached an all-time high in 1990), taxes, reining in the power of Congress and career politicians, and wasteful spending. This was a message that resonated with voters, and Republicans are typically stronger in all of these areas.

Since then, perhaps because Newt mostly failed as Speaker of the House, Republicans have shifted away from these basic policies and have turned toward the religious/neocon direction. The 1994 message is still there, but it's buried among all the noise and BS, and nobody is really hearing it anymore.

The country has also changed in those 20 years. Crime, while still an issue, has fallen sharply, and is no longer on everyone's minds as much as it was in 1994. There is much greater acceptance of gays in our current society, to where continuing to oppose gay marriage just gives the party an "intolerant" look that doesn't do it any favors. In fact, many gays would vote Republican if the party became more friendly to them, as many are economically conservative. The country also has war fatigue after Iraq and Afghanistan, so it's important to tone down the hawkish rhetoric regarding military situations where our involvement is debatable.

Basically, if Republicans want to win, they need to take the 1994 message, clean it up a bit to match with the times, and then go after the Democrats where they've stumbled over the past several years. And there's lots of stumbles to choose from, as Obama is a great speaker and generally means well, but has been far too detached and hands-off with his leadership, resulting in several embarrassing blunders.

The middle-of-the-road voter is there for the taking if the Republicans want them. They just need to tell the Tea Party to F off (they will begrudgingly vote for you anyway), put forth a message that is relatable and straightforward, and elect viable candidates in the primaries, and focus upon finding a Presidential candidate who will excite everyone the way Obama did in 2008.

Comments

Jayjami: Well said

Load Metric
    The simple fact is the baby went out with the bath water over the past 7 years. The country had a very basic choice. Let the economy fail and take our lumps or run the printing press to the tune of a few trillion a year and bankroll a majority of the economy. We chose the printing press. There is simply no turning back now. You won't see another GOP president untill the whole thing collapses on it's self. If for no other reason there are too many people who get a check to live on from Uncle Sam either directly or indirectly.

Load Metric
    One thing I forgot to mention about Rand. Very short. No one close to that short has won in 100 years that I can think of. I'm not tall, little over 5'11, and I had him by 4 solid inches. I had no idea he was that short, as his father strikes me as decently tall and I just assumed he was similar. I'm sure his advisors will fight hard to avoid debate settings where his opponents will look like they are going to pat him on the head.

Banned
    Load Metric
    he can't be shorter than repoman

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    If you could vote in a non religious, non jew, non negro, non corrupt President - with a smoking hot wife. That would be great. Thanks

The world won't be holding its breath though.

We won't be voting for the Duke of Wales.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention about Rand. Very short. No one close to that short has won in 100 years that I can think of. I'm not tall, little over 5'11, and I had him by 4 solid inches. I had no idea he was that short, as his father strikes me as decently tall and I just assumed he was similar. I'm sure his advisors will fight hard to avoid debate settings where his opponents will look like they are going to pat him on the head.
    Nick Saban is 5' 7" tall and rules College sports. I get where you are coming from, but a huge personality and you can overcome the shortness factor.

Also Jimmy Carter was pretty small I believe.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Discuss.
    Open music, listen and read

Maybe this fat f#ck I think. Actually everyone of them is a f#cking loser. lol

Name:  10606442_889219747773755_1959046313031178447_n.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  24.5 KB

Comments

4BET: On your way to -100 rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    Discuss.

Shut it down sonny, You are awful
    l

Comments

son of lockman: I am a master poster and thinker. Unlike a small time moron such as yourself
    -Allergic to the struggle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Only a handful or more men have deserved to be President in the last 100 years.

Obaman, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, Esenhower, Truman I would say.

The rest were either rich and had a dynasty that brought them to power.

The greatest President I would say was John F. Kennedy. For the reason that he kept us out of nuclear war.

At the height of the Curtis Lemay urged JFK to attack Cuba and said that he really felt it needed to be done.

JFK turned to Lemay and said.

''Really General LeMay? Well I really think I need your resignation sir.''

Name:  article-2207946-152F65F5000005DC-165_634x605.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  58.8 KB

Good thing as only the cockroaches would be around today if JFK hadn't forced the Chairman of The Board of the Cheif Staff out and also a WW2 hero Lemay was also. It was awful during those 13 days when the standoff was going on. No groceries at the store. No gas at the pumps. People were in a panic and crying on the streets. Every day in school our teachers would instruct us in ''duck and cover''. Preachers were preaching on the streets also.

Name:  cvtstreet1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  324.9 KB

But another truly great president was Ronald Reagan. He broke the back of communisn.

Name:  640px-Official_Portrait_of_President_Reagan_1981.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  72.3 KB
    Last edited by son of lockman; 08-18-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Load Metric
    Discuss.

I opened it up & started reading but there wasn't 4:35 worth of reading to do. I finished reading your one line response in under 2 seconds. Even taking into account that "a picture is worth a thousand words", I was finished in less than 6.87564352 seconds.

Am I supposed to surmise that Americans are really slow readers or are Canadians just unbelievably fast?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Lockman:

You essentially listed 50% the last 100 years. You could make a case for all on your list, with the exception on the guy in office. Even Israel despises this guy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Damone View Post
    Lockman:

You essentially listed 50% the last 100 years. You could make a case for all on your list, with the exception on the guy in office. Even Israel despises this guy.

Well look at it this my friend. The stock market is at almost double of what it was when he became president. Employment is also up. We will be out of 2 wars at the end of this year. The longest wars in American history. So you name me a person who could have a done a better job than Obama.

Sure he's half black and Negros as everyone here knows here aren't my favorite people. But he's still doing a good job he is.

Name:  1000x1000.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  97.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I opened it up & started reading but there wasn't 4:35 worth of reading to do. I finished reading your one line response in under 2 seconds. Even taking into account that "a picture is worth a thousand words", I was finished in less than 6.87564352 seconds.

Am I supposed to surmise that Americans are really slow readers or are Canadians just unbelievably fast?
    Now now remember we promised to be nice.

There is a remedy for the listen.

Listen and enjoy it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Son of Lockman just ruined what was a great thread with his You Tube links

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Damone View Post
    Son of Lockman just ruined what was a great thread with his You Tube links
    Open music, listen and read. Then answer the question at the end.

Not really as you are watching a tube. And 99.9% of tubes you watch have music coming from them.

Also there is history involved here my man. If you really listen to the music you can corelate it to what I have to say.

Be a deep thinker think young fella. Did you hear the bells ringing Damone?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sonny, let's cool down here with the Youtube posts. This is an interesting thread, and I don't want it to turn into garbage.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Too late.

Banned
    Load Metric
    at the end of the day...

does it even matter who gets elected president ?

the country is royally fucked, and swimming in trillons of dollars in debt

not to mention the fact that we have a completely inept, and ineffective Congress that stifles the president from doing the job he was elected to do

the office of president is nothing more than a token figurehead who is bought and paid for by Wall Street

Comments

Jayjami: Excellent points

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    at the end of the day...

does it even matter who gets elected president ?

the country is royally fucked, and swimming in trillons of dollars in debt

not to mention the fact that we have a completely inept, and ineffective Congress that stifles the president from doing the job he was elected to do

the office of president is nothing more than a token figurehead who is bought and paid for by Wall Street
    Really? This has been the most ineffective President in modern times, including GWBII. This guy is flat out awful, and even Democrats know it.

Thread Information