Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Dan Druff Has Talent

  1. #1
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13
    Load Metric
    19131878

    Dan Druff Has Talent

    ok, so I used to think that the combo of Dan Druff and Micon was essential for a good podcast. Yin and Yang and all that. But I honestly do think Dan Druff, Todd Witteles, is a really good radio host. He can host a show solo for hours and do a good job. This is a talent. Most of us would go ummm ahhh uhhh soooo, anyway, etc....

    So Todd has the skill to pay the bills.... So if this site loses money, how does Todd make it, money-wise? I would sort of be interested to hear the accounting of all of it if Todd wishes to share.

    Or is this a poker thing, like, hey go mind your own business, then I will mind my own business. Also, is Todd an LA guy or a Vegas guy?

    Anyway, I am curious, does Todd still hang with Ken Scalir? I love Ken on the show, but Ken is a huge nerd. I have some huge nerd friends too. I support nerds, but who was Todd's best man at his wedding? Or did he not yet get married? Actually I think maybe I know he hasn't gotten married.

     
    Comments
      
      JeffDime: +++

  2. #2
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13
    Load Metric
    19131878
    but I should mention that he needs to keep the sound effects lower or put an audio limiter or mixer limit on the whole podcast. I don't want to dwell in my own thoughts when I go to sleep so I listen to podcasts on Stitcher through earbuds when I go to sleep. When his espn sound effect hits it breaks my brain.

    Todd, maybe you are lucky that radio is dying. Most radio hosts made 14k a year and got fired often.

    Anyway my top 5 podcasts are:
    Carolla
    Jay Mohr
    Greg Fitzsimmons
    Joe Rogan
    Poker Fraud Alert

  3. #3
    Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Reputation
    151
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    521
    Load Metric
    19131878
    I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS ANSWER.todd owns all of pfa. hes not ready for adds yet so he dont take them. this allows for a one hundred percent write off on his taxes. as long as he keeps doing it will become worth more money each year. tony g would buy it today if druff would do a 90 minute show 5 days aweek. tony wants the show called tony g the poker life.druff would get 200 a show for hosting it.plus druff wants 75k tax free and 200 taxfree per show the deal is in the works at this time. and no hes not married. druff plays 1-2 hundred and up limit play and has been a winning player for 12 years in a row thats why hes called the perfect player. hope this helps

     
    Comments
      
      shoeshine box: good one.

  4. #4
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,193
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Quote Originally Posted by Numba3 View Post
    but I should mention that he needs to keep the sound effects lower or put an audio limiter or mixer limit on the whole podcast. I don't want to dwell in my own thoughts when I go to sleep so I listen to podcasts on Stitcher through earbuds when I go to sleep. When his espn sound effect hits it breaks my brain.

    Todd, maybe you are lucky that radio is dying. Most radio hosts made 14k a year and got fired often.

    Anyway my top 5 podcasts are:
    Carolla
    Jay Mohr
    Greg Fitzsimmons
    Joe Rogan
    Poker Fraud Alert
    I do have to work on the sound effect thing. The ESPN thing I just double-click on, and it opens the Microsoft media player which comes on too loud. I should do something to stop that. An audio limiter might be a good idea. Do you know of any good ones I can download?

    Thanks for the compliments. I have not gotten married yet. Master Scalir is a good friend, even though he can be very aggravating sometimes.

    This site loses money, but not much money. It's cheap to run. I mention that it loses money so people understand that this is a low budget operation.

    I really do prefer having a co-host. Talking for 3-4 hours straight is tough on my voice, and it also doesn't give me a mental break, as I feel like I constantly have to be saying something and be coherent, which is tough for that length of time.

  5. #5
    Rest In Peace son of lockman's Avatar
    Reputation
    -115
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    upland ca
    Posts
    1,841
    Blog Entries
    1
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Well 2 plus 2 makes $$$. And a lot of $$$. Just by selling books and videos they've made a fortune. I have in the past suggested ways to make money here but have been rebuffed. Too bad as in 20 years someone will regret not taking my ideas and doing something with them.

    Like one for instance is to try to get into internet poker. Sure it costs some time and $$$ to get backing. But the owner here is a respected man and could get the backing if he wanted.

    So what is it? Laziness or what that keeps him locked in his room and pounding the keyboards there when he could have someone else doing it. Maybe he has the internet addiciton to fough over the PC. You do get that after some years on the computer.

  6. #6
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13
    Load Metric
    19131878
    my friend does a good impression of your former friend and even says a lot of his catch-phrases. His name is Ryan Dicon. He loves weed and bitcoins and scotch and mount gock.
    Do you want to be Stern-like and have him guest on your show?
    Last edited by Numba3; 08-19-2014 at 09:20 PM.

  7. #7
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13
    Load Metric
    19131878
    You ever notice Brandon said the wrong word a lot? I think it is called Malapropism?

  8. #8
    Platinum thesparten's Avatar
    Reputation
    -12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,590
    Blog Entries
    1
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Quote Originally Posted by Numba3 View Post
    You ever notice Brandon said the wrong word a lot? I think it is called Malapropism?
    I TOO LISTEN TO DRUFF ON STICHER WHEN GOING TO SLEEP. LOVE THE SHOW AND HIS SOO EVEN TEMPERMENT. I LEARN FROM THE SHOW, AND NOT JUST POKER.

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Reputation
    26
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    208
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Still true. Druff has talent. He needs to leave out talking about the call-to-listen line and some other basic facts about the show. He should simply post basic facts about the show on a permanent reference page on the site, and not talk about them every show. It wastes everyone's time.

    I think I was once the user Numba3. I forgot my logon at one point, and then I became DiveBar Dave. I rock...

    Also, I no longer listen to Jay Mohr. I am growing tired of Howard Stern. Adam Carolla is getting too dull and his show too overly formatted and he expects his crew to say yes and laugh at every thing he utters. I still like Rogan, Greg Fitzsimmons, Marc Maron, and some other little podcasts like The Rewatchables with Bill Simmons, and weird stuff like The Rialto Report, and sometimes Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald and Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin. Also, I am not a Republican, but I can be amused at times by Fame is a Bitch by fellow Long Island bonehead AJ Benza.

  10. #10
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,193
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    Still true. Druff has talent. He needs to leave out talking about the call-to-listen line and some other basic facts about the show. He should simply post basic facts about the show on a permanent reference page on the site, and not talk about them every show. It wastes everyone's time.

    I think I was once the user Numba3. I forgot my logon at one point, and then I became DiveBar Dave. I rock...

    Also, I no longer listen to Jay Mohr. I am growing tired of Howard Stern. Adam Carolla is getting too dull and his show too overly formatted and he expects his crew to say yes and laugh at every thing he utters. I still like Rogan, Greg Fitzsimmons, Marc Maron, and some other little podcasts like The Rewatchables with Bill Simmons, and weird stuff like The Rialto Report, and sometimes Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald and Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin. Also, I am not a Republican, but I can be amused at times by Fame is a Bitch by fellow Long Island bonehead AJ Benza.
    I did bring the sound effects down to a good volume level though, right? I hear some of the old shows and I am embarrassed by how loud they are. But when I listen to the ones in the past 3 years or so, they sound much better.

    The last few intros have been a little shorter!

  11. #11
    Bronze
    Reputation
    26
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    208
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Yes, the sound effects mixing is better. When listening live, I like to try and predict when the "Duh duh duh" effect is going to come in. My girlfriend is sometimes amused by this (sometimes not).

    I think the intro should just be a comment about the song choice and then a brief mention of topics. The rest of the info that gets stated each week can just be posted on an info page on the site.

  12. #12
    Bronze
    Reputation
    59
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    105
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    Yes, the sound effects mixing is better. When listening live, I like to try and predict when the "Duh duh duh" effect is going to come in. My girlfriend is sometimes amused by this (sometimes not).

    I think the intro should just be a comment about the song choice and then a brief mention of topics. The rest of the info that gets stated each week can just be posted on an info page on the site.
    I think a lot of the radio show listenership doesn't actually read the site.

  13. #13
    Bronze
    Reputation
    26
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    208
    Load Metric
    19131878
    The sound effects were too loud on the last show. The "duh duh duh" one was blowing my ears out.

  14. #14
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,193
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    The sound effects were too loud on the last show. The "duh duh duh" one was blowing my ears out.
    The problem was I recorded too low.

    This made sound effects too loud by comparison.

  15. #15
    Bronze
    Reputation
    26
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    208
    Load Metric
    19131878
    I think there is a plug-in that can keep all your volume stuff within a certain range.

  16. #16
    Bronze
    Reputation
    26
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    208
    Load Metric
    19131878
    "duh duh duh" too loud again.

    also, do you answer private messages for payout requests? It seems like you haven't for about 6 months.

  17. #17
    Bronze
    Reputation
    26
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    208
    Load Metric
    19131878
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    "duh duh duh" too loud again.

    also, do you answer private messages for payout requests? It seems like you haven't for about 6 months.
    Todd?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The official America's Got Talent 2012 thread
    By rickastley in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-16-2012, 09:50 AM
  2. America's Got Talent with Howard - Review
    By Vwls in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 03:01 PM