Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady

Load Metric

Tom Brady

He is 37 yrs old. Wow I am starting to get old.

The Pats will win the Superbowl this year. Book it.

Anyone wants to bet let me know. Your team vs mine. Straight up.

Comments

Henry: Youre old as shit bro

son of lockman: let's hope so as they're my team.

Crowe Diddly: top shelf prognostication rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    He is 37 yrs old. Wow I am starting to get old.

The Pats will win the Superbowl this year. Book it.

Anyone wants to bet let me know. Your team vs mine. Straight up.

I always feel old when I learn about the age of athletes that I have followed throughout their professional careers.

Most recently it was something pertaining to LeBron. I remember seeing his high school team play in Greensboro, NC when I was a junior in H.S. That was 12 years ago.

In any event, I want no action on this bet. Pats should be scary good.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My team is the bears... Straight up wouldn't be fair otherwise I'd be in on that because the pats will not win the superbowl this year and actually I bet Brady doesn't have another Super Bowl appearance in his career as a QB.

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  35.7 KB

8 championships in 13 years. Been a ridiculously sick ride and a lot of fun to cheer the local teams.

With exception of Bruins - NHL is so hard to close - the run is over.

The Patriots actually have the longest drought. The have been the Jim Kelly/Marv Levy 90's Buffalo Bills to me. Good teams (not great) with great coaching. Just can't win the big one. Always competitive and overachieving.

Our genius Belichick hasn't done a thing for years to deliver any offensive support for Brady. Belichick, the GM, has never drafted a first round receiver - that is astounding.

Brady took a team friendly contract to allow cap money for building around him and it was never spent - Pats pocketed the cash. Lol

Belichick bulks up on defensive corners the very year the NFL changes the rules yet again. Kinda neutralizing that strength. You basically cannot even give a receiver an angry look or you will see a flag.

Belichick luck boxed the HOF two tight ends - now one is crippled & the other is in solitary.

I'd love to fade the Pats but I don't have another team. Sure TonyBags will help you there.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-12-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ^^^^

It's surprising the Pats do have the longest drought of all the Boston area teams since they've been so competitive forever but they did have a few close calls to winning more rings since their last super bowl win.

I also forgot that the Celtics did win a championship back in in 2008.

As for what the Pats will do this year it's hard to say. I think they could get to the Superbowl but are they going to beat the Seahawks or 49ers if they do?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Considering the Pats are only behind the 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos odds wise the field of potential challengers would seem to be limited.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    ^^^^

It's surprising the Pats do have the longest drought of all the Boston area teams since they've been so competitive forever but they did have a few close calls to winning more rings since their last super bowl win.

I also forgot that the Celtics did win a championship back in in 2008.

As for what the Pats will do this year it's hard to say. I think they could get to the Superbowl but are they going to beat the Seahawks or 49ers if they do?
    Nope.

It isn't surprising when you realize they spend the regular season beating up on trash AFCE teams to pad their win totals, then when they play the real teams in the playoffs get bounced. Belichek's "genius" is reclamation projects that never work out and whiffing on draft picks lately. Brady and the scheme can cover that up against the scrubs but when it comes to playing the best in playoffs we see what happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Brady took a team friendly contract to allow cap money for building around him and it was never spent - Pats pocketed the cash. Lol
    Pats spend right up to the salary cap every year, far as I've seen. Was 123 mil last year, they spent 122. If you look at the easier to find cash spending lists, the Pats go over the cap every single year. It's never been true that they pocket the cash.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: correct

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Pats spend right up to the salary cap every year, far as I've seen. Was 123 mil last year, they spent 122. If you look at the easier to find cash spending lists, the Pats go over the cap every single year. It's never been true that they pocket the cash.
    Your right, Crowe.

Just frustrated with the lack of any real studs in backfield or at WR. Brady deserves more. Another meh finish or two and Brady will trail in the conversation of all time greats.

What's your opinion about Pats this year? Obv AFC East is a slapnut division. Do you really see Pats as a force beyond that?

Comments

Henry: passion

Load Metric
    Sorry dude can't bet with you. Not really even a football fan. Don't even like the NFL. I'm more of a Tom Brady only fan. Tell you what, I'll bet you the guy smashes super model pussy while maintaining the best god damn hair you've ever seen. No dice? That's what we thought.

And since I clearly have nothing of value to add to the thread I'm going to leave now. Peace.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is why the Patriots win.

Name:  10593072_886250751403988_8459163783586187692_n.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  27.8 KB

Load Metric
    Ill put $100 on GB has a better record and another $100 on Rodgers has better stats. If you agree we will have to decide on the rules.

Load Metric

8 championships in 13 years. Been a ridiculously sick ride and a lot of fun to cheer the local teams.

The Patriots actually have the longest drought. The have been the Jim Kelly/Marv Levy 90's Buffalo Bills to me. Good teams (not great) with great coaching. Just can't win the big one. Always competitive and overachieving.

Our genius Belichick hasn't done a thing for years to deliver any offensive support for Brady. Belichick, the GM, has never drafted a first round receiver - that is astounding.

Belichick bulks up on defensive corners the very year the NFL changes the rules yet again. Kinda neutralizing that strength. You basically cannot even give a receiver an angry look or you will see a flag.

Belichick luck boxed the HOF two tight ends - now one is crippled & the other is in solitary.

I'd love to fade the Pats but I don't have another team. Sure TonyBags will help you there.
    Thats not how it works. Any amount you stay under the cap gets rolled into the next season.

Load Metric
    I love Tom Brady. Everything from being a 6th rounder to being a great leader, and winning 3 Super Bowls, but as a qb hes not close to one of the best. Hes the benefit of great coaching and teams.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    unless revis can play both corner positions and secondary the magic 8 ball says no. pats defense has been their achillies for years...

Load Metric
    Name:  The_name__s_Bump___Mr_Bump__by_shibbyfish.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  167.1 KB

Load Metric

Wow, thanks for making me reread that post Simp.

I was fading the Pats from the start. Eventually, I was punished.

They are still not a hugely talented team. Every year my hatred of Bellichick the GM causes me to forget the HOF Coach Bellichick greatness.

Yeah, Gray was amazing. Fuck Gray. Everyone was all excited about a RB named Blount. Where is he now?

Belichick came out of left field with that game plan and found a body fresh from a practice squad.

Belichick is god.

Edit: decade later, I still can't spell his name right.

Load Metric

Wow, thanks for making me reread that post Simp.

I was fading the Pats from the start. Eventually, I was punished.

They are still not a hugely talented team. Every year my hatred of Bellichick the GM causes me to forget the HOF Coach Bellichick's greatness.

Yeah, Gray was amazing. Fuck, Gray. Everyone was all excited about a RB named Blount. Where is he now?

Bellichick came out of left field with that game plan and found a body fresh from a practice squad.

Bellichick is god.
    And next week the Lions will focus on stopping the run and Gronk will have a 100yd game. It never ends.

Load Metric
    Gonna have to call Stanley Steemer to shampoo carpets after Gronk's antics in the 4th QTR.

The boys were losing their minds as Gronk did his thing running over people. Looked like a college kid on a pop warner field.

Last night someone offered a bet. Name the guy with most Super Bowl rings on Patriots.

Belichick has five rings. 3 Pats & 2 Giants.

Looked like easy money but... Conditioning coach Mike Woicik: 3 with Dallas and 3 with Pats.

Load Metric
    Bumpity bump bump

Thread Information