Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart runs over and kills fellow driver on track.

Load Metric

Tony Stewart runs over and kills fellow driver on track.

Craziness. Video on the link here.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-ste...ing-1618893708

Load Metric
    RIP

Load Metric
    I've been thinking about this since it happened. I have a background in motor sport, and know the rules backwards.

Getting out of your car and confronting someone you believe caused an accident is just stupid, and you're told many times to NEVER do it.
    But of course, we see it all the time and those who do it are rarely punished or just cop a slap on the wrist.

I reckon Stewart was trying to fling some dirt onto the kid or give him a fright for daring to shake his fist and point at him, he hit the gas without doubt.

At the end of the day, kid should have followed clearly defined safety protocols and not run down the track puffing out his chest.
    It's his own fault, he'd be alive today if he controlled his anger and followed clear safety rules.

It's still sad though, I can understand him being pissed off for being squeezed into the fence.

Stewart will get away with it, he'll claim the car he was following blocked his view and he didn't see him... in fact the car in front only just missed him.

RIP

Comments

son of lockman: yep

Load Metric
    How the hell do you run into traffic like that as if he was going to like pull over or something? Darwin Award.

Gold
    Load Metric
    As much as people are going to blame Tony for this accident, whether or not he was trying to throw dirt on the guy, the fact remains that you NEVER get out of your car. They pound that into you at every drivers meeting before every race. The only time you get out of your car before track personnel get to you is if the car is on fire.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Before I watched the video I was thinking this is bullshit, there is no way he tried to hit him on purpose. After watching it about 5x, it sure looked like he made a slight right turn of the wheel (you can see the back end turn towards the guy) right before he hit him. Going the opposite way the turn is. I mean there is no reason the back end moves like that unless the wheel is turned that way, and he hits the kid with the front bumper which sends him flying.

Oh and save the "kid shouldn't have been on the track" bullshit. If Stewart did in fact turn into him and hit him I don't give a fuck what the kid did he should be facing charges. That is inexcusable, and they would have every right to prosecute him for the death. My guess is they won't be able to prove shit, they want to protect one of their superstars and he gets away with it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Before I watched the video I was thinking this is bullshit, there is no way he tried to hit him on purpose. After watching it about 5x, it sure looked like he made a slight right turn of the wheel (you can see the back end turn towards the guy) right before he hit him. Going the opposite way the turn is. I mean there is no reason the back end moves like that unless the wheel is turned that way, and he hits the kid with the front bumper which sends him flying.

Oh and save the "kid shouldn't have been on the track" bullshit. If Stewart did in fact turn into him and hit him I don't give a fuck what the kid did he should be facing charges. That is inexcusable, and they would have every right to prosecute him for the death. My guess is they won't be able to prove shit, they want to protect one of their superstars and he gets away with it.
    In these type of cars and configuration if you give them gas the rear end will always step to the right.
    I saw the swerve you mean but think this was caused by backing off quickly while he was still correcting the rear stepping to the right.

Load Metric
    Fuck that guy, he walked into oncoming traffic. Dumber than a dog.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Guy is a hothead could def see him doing this on purpose.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by patience View Post
    Guy is a hothead could def see him doing this on purpose.
    At any rate, had the guy stayed in his car he'd still be alive. He voluntarily walked into the path of moving vehicles(not just Stewart's). Tony will be cleared criminally and pay the kid's family a 7 figure settlement to keep it out of the civil courts.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    stay off the track IMO

Load Metric
    I agree he should stay off of the track, but it certainly looked intentional. I understand the "driving on dirt" aspect of it, fishtailing, etc. but at the minimum it looked like he was going to try and dust the kid. Scare him, or piss him off a little so he could flex his muscle and feel powerful.

Guy shouldn't have gotten out of his car, but he didn't deserve to die because of it.

Fuck Tony Stewart.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't really see how Stewart shoulders the majority of blame unless you think he deliberately murdered the kid.

Load Metric
    Later fag.

Comments

4Dragons: Had to be said

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I agree he should stay off of the track, but it certainly looked intentional. I understand the "driving on dirt" aspect of it, fishtailing, etc. but at the minimum it looked like he was going to try and dust the kid. Scare him, or piss him off a little so he could flex his muscle and feel powerful.

Guy shouldn't have gotten out of his car, but he didn't deserve to die because of it.

Fuck Tony Stewart.
    Pretty much where I'm at on this. Gotta stay off the track, but you can hear Stewart hit the throttle right before he plows into him.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    wow, that's a crime imo.

stewart may never race again, banned for life is the correct call

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

Name:  LaterFag.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  26.4 KB

Fixed.

Comments

ToasterOven: !!!!!!

Why is Stewart driving in that shit race to begin with? Honestly, the lighting was probably so bad that there is a slight chance Stewart didn't see the kid before it was too late.

Load Metric
    Tony Stewart all like...

Comments

lewfather: rofl

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Why is Stewart driving in that shit race to begin with? Honestly, the lighting was probably so bad that there is a slight chance Stewart didn't see the kid before it was too late.
    He competes in these races to try and keep things interesting. I worked at the SEMA auto show in 2006? and met a few people who worked with Stewart and they told me he was thinking of retiring then. He was driving in all these dumb pickup races and stuff to relieve boredom.

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: inside info reo

Thread Information