Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buy tesla shares, ok

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I would be really concerned if the stock WASN'T going up considering every time the corporate welfare king wants to save the world, the government or some other "green" slush fund writes him checks for hundreds of millions completely unchecked.
    This is all part of the stock promotion. Anytime there is a setback at the Tesla assembly plant, he will come up with another stupid idea - the "Boring Company", going to Mars, saving Puerto Rico, etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    I would be really concerned if the stock WASN'T going up considering every time the corporate welfare king wants to save the world, the government or some other "green" slush fund writes him checks for hundreds of millions completely unchecked.
    This is all part of the stock promotion. Anytime there is a setback at the Tesla assembly plant, he will come up with another stupid idea - the "Boring Company", going to Mars, saving Puerto Rico, etc.
    Yeah, poster child for a valuation short when the mood changes. I may not live long enough to see that day.. lol

Amazing day. Zero fear. AMZN +75 after hours. So obvious and you could still make money today. Squeeze me.

Show is over. I'm frigging exhausted. Feels like people need to be punished for the euphoria but I'm no hero

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/1436...ampaign=buffer

Tesla Could Be Fresh Out of Cash Very Soon: UBS
    The company has $1.4 billion in debt due by the end of 2018. At the current cash burn rate, Tesla will only have about a year of cash ahead of it.

At the electric automaker's current cash burn rate, it could run its reserves dry in as little as four quarters, UBS analysts wrote in a note Monday, Oct. 30. The analysts reiterated a "sell" rating on Tesla stock.

Assuming Tesla has about $1 billion in cash, it might only be able to keep up for another year, UBS said. To compound its free cash flow troubles, Tesla also has about $1.4 billion in debt that will come due by the end of 2018.

Tesla shares have gained 50% year-to-date, UBS wrote, despite the fact that consensus earnings estimates have toppled during the same period to a loss of $2.28 from previous estimates of a loss of 65 cents.

Tesla is scheduled to report third quarter earnings Wednesday, Nov. 1, after the closing bell. UBS said the report will likely serve as a negative catalyst for shares. In their Monday note, UBS analysts assigned Tesla a price target of $185, which represents about a 42% downside for the stock.

Analysts polled by FactSet expect Tesla will report negative free cash flow of $1.2 billion in the third quarter.

Tesla's impressive gains so far this year were mostly based on initial Model 3 production timelines, UBS noted. But as Model 3 deliveries continue to whiff on promises, Tesla has undermined its own credibility and increased near-term risks.

Tesla stock was higher 0.6% to $322.81 midday Monday. Happy Monday, Elon Musk.
    Related:

https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2017/1...both-projects/

Untested

For starters, Hyperloop doesn’t even have a proof of concept.

Musk’s own proposal from 2013 was littered with errors and flights of fancy, and the serious work on fleshing the concept out has involved separate firms independent of Musk. Those other firms, such as Hyperloop One, have built short test tracks, but operate only at moderate speeds.

It is not known whether Musk is even aware of the potential issues with materials engineering and passenger comfort.
    For example, to limit the centrifugal force felt by passengers, the required curve radius scales with the square of train speed.

In his original write-up, Musk proposed curve radii that would exercise a greater force on the passengers than that produced by a plane at takeoff. Riders would literally barf.

More recently, the Boring Co. has pitched itself as building urban tunnels for cars in lieu of trains. But its claims about how to dig cheaply are false and betray ignorance about construction costs.

Musk has repeatedly claimed that building very narrow tunnels, permitting only two-abreast seating (conventional trains have four- or five-abreast seating), would save large amounts of money.

His claim that halving the tunnel diameter would reduce costs by a factor of three or four is wrong. In fact, the saving is only a factor of two, or even a bit less, proportional to the reduction in capacity.

Musk is not only hawking a wholly unproven system, but he hasn’t even bothered to make sure it has adequate capacity in the event the system does succeed.
    Musk will go down as the greatest con man this world has ever seen.

Gold
    Load Metric

Musk will go down as the greatest con man this world has ever seen.
    Yep. He will be exposed as a con man once this bull market in stocks is over. Similar to how Bernie Madoff got exposed in 2008 when stocks started to tank.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Tesla's new semi, and sorry Mumbles but it drives itself.

We can look forward to an ugly trucker being replaced by an ugly truck.

Name:  Semi_Front_Profile.0.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  176.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Thread Information