Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior Seau - Farewell sweet prince

Load Metric

Junior Seau - Farewell sweet prince

Died just now at his home. Possibly ate a bullet. RIP.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This is going to go real well for the NFL when they autopsy his brain and find it is swiss cheese from all the trauma.

Load Metric
    Not on ESPN yet but I found it elsewhere. What a shame.

Load Metric
    Damn shame. Some reports are saying that the gun shot was self inflicted.

RIP Seau.

Load Metric
    I guess this means that he really was trying to off himself a couple of years ago when he drove off that cliff.

Load Metric
    Concussions are a bitch.

Load Metric
    Tmz is reporting that it's a self inflicted gun shot wound to the chest, just like Dave Duerson. I'll be very curious what a brain scan is going to show. If he does have concussion syndrome brain damage, this is going to be really bad for the NFL. Seau was a much bigger star than Duerson. The NFL ( and football in general) is going to have to take really seriously the damage the sport does to the brains of it's players, for the health of the game as a whole. Such sad news.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDMcCobb View Post
    Tmz is reporting that it's a self inflicted gun shot wound to the chest, just like Dave Duerson. I'll be very curious what a brain scan is going to show. If he does have concussion syndrome brain damage, this is going to be really bad for the NFL. Seau was a much bigger star than Duerson. The NFL ( and football in general) is going to have to take really seriously the damage the sport does to the brains of it's players, for the health of the game as a whole. Such sad news.
    Nothing will be done. Money train will keep running. Rinse, repeat.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sweet prince? GTFO with that bullshit. I think this may be a side effect of extended steroid use, then again without them he probably wouldn't be a rich/famous NFL legend. Double edged sword imo, some do to much or just can't handle them. If I ever get a chance I may do 1 cycle as long as i can get all the stuff needed to do a cycle safely. I just don't see myself getting my hands on all stuff needed, but if I did....

It looks like the culprit my be brain damage, so the juice option is already looking better.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 05-02-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Nothing will be done. Money train will keep running. Rinse, repeat.

Yeah, not true. For one thing, they are at huge liability risk. There are already two large lawsuits against the NFL over the issue, one a class action suit. The NFL makes a ton of money , but not enough money to absorb infinite lawsuits. Also, if this sort of thing gets enough media attention, enough attention of watch dog groups and hand wringing mothers, Congress will start looking into it as well. Not just for the NFL, but for the damage the game could be/is doing to kids. I think concussions are a super serious deal, and could threaten the game as we know it. The NFL is already talking about eliminating kickoffs, which is a 180 degree turn from a decade ago when they moved kick offs back to encourage kick off returns. I promise you, the NFL isn't thinking about making such a profound change in the way the game is played and that fans love, for no reason.

Load Metric
    hasnt the NFL made big changes to the rules since Jr's playing days? Hits to the head etc taken out? I don't follow the NFL that closely but I do hockey and I know they are attempting to follow some of the changes the NFL has made.

Shooting yourself in the chest seems like a shitty way to go, no instant, painful, blood!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    hasnt the NFL made big changes to the rules since Jr's playing days? Hits to the head etc taken out? I don't follow the NFL that closely but I do hockey and I know they are attempting to follow some of the changes the NFL has made.

Shooting yourself in the chest seems like a shitty way to go, no instant, painful, blood!

They are absolutely making changes, but it's all happened very recently. What they really need to do is change the helmets. The helmets as they stand now do a very poor job of absorbing head trauma.

Who knows if the changes will be enough.

The idea of shooting yourself in the chest, i to leave your brain intact so they can study it for damage, that's what Dave Duerson did, and it's why I brought up concussions in the first place.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

They are absolutely making changes, but it's all happened very recently. What they really need to do is change the helmets. The helmets as they stand now do a very poor job of absorbing head trauma.

The idea of shooting yourself in the chest, i to leave your brain intact so they can study it for damage, that's what Dave Duerson did, and it's why I brought up concussions in the first place.
    It has been proven many times through multiple studies that the way to completely eliminate the head trauma is to remove the helmets from the equation all together. It makes perfectly logical sense if you really think about it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

It has been proven many times through multiple studies that the way to completely eliminate the head trauma is to remove the helmets from the equation all together. It makes perfectly logical sense if you really think about it
    Please run head first into a brick wall. Rinse, repeat until you can no longer post.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Please run head first into a brick wall. Rinse, repeat until you can no longer post.
    Rinse, repeat blowing up in '12.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Jsearless is right, maybe they will switch to swimming caps that look like their old helmets.
    I've played tackle football with no helmet many times, you don't need to Helmet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Jsearless is right, maybe they will switch to swimming caps that look like their old helmets.
    I've played tackle football with no helmet many times, you don't need to Helmet.
    As much as this is technically correct, since players would be more cautious, there are other reasons for a helmet. Namely, getting stepped on with cleats by a 300lb human, getting your face caught on some nylon string from shoulder pads, and such. While the head trauma is a more common and serious issue these things would make the games far too violent (bloody mess wise) for the average viewer. The NFL would rather have 10 guys laying on the field paralyzed than one guy having an ear torn off by a cleat.

Basically, the equipment is too good and the players are too big and fast thanks to training and science. The NFL is taking the appropriate steps NOW to lessen head trauma, even though it hurts their on the field product.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Pretty fucked up. One of those guys that played the game right. RIP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They should just lay it out there now and say " Look if you play this game you risk the chance of getting fucked up for life"

That's it. Then treat the concussion shit seriously to prevent lawsuits. But the guys who were neglected in the early years have every right to sue under the right circumstances

Last I heard they are seriously considering taking away kickoffs entirely. Fuck that. If you don't want to get hurt then go play tennis or something

RIP JR

Load Metric
    Fuck that, lets give them swords and let them hack each other to death. At least that's a quick death with honor, not a slow, tortuous one of dementia and depression.

Thread Information