Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Dalton gets a 6 year $115 Million dollar deal?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Andy Dalton gets a 6 year $115 Million dollar deal?

So on average he makes more than Tom Brady? Really?

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

nunbeater: perfect

Load Metric
    Dalton is a below average starting nfl qb who chokes

Load Metric
    A professional athlete that's overpaid?

I'm shocked.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    guy took a lot of heat from every direction last year. surprising move.

Load Metric
    apparently it's a Kaep type deal. only 25 guarunteed I heard
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Post source links you twat.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...llion-contract
    Andy Dalton said last week that he was "confident" he would get a new deal with the Bengals and on Monday, that's exactly what happened. The two sides agreed on a six-year, $115 million contract, reports CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora.
    La Canfora reports that all of the fully guaranteed money comes in the first year of the deal. Dalton will make $18 million guaranteed this season and will make $22 million by next February.
    Beyond that, the contract is essentially pay as you. The team will have protections from a cap and cash standpoint should they choose to move on after a few years. In the meantime, Dalton gets a life-altering chunk of money within the first 6-7 months of signing the deal.
    Next up: The Bengals want to extend wide receiver A.J. Green and linebacker Vontaze Burfict, two young standouts still playing on their rookie deals.
    Pete PriscoLocking up solid Dalton solid move for Bengals So is Dalton worth that much? He's 30-18 as a starter, though he's limped to an 0-3 mark in the postseason. And while there will be critics of the new deal, the quarterback has the support of Green, the offense's best player.
    "That's my guy," he said of Dalton in July. "He helped me where I am. I helped him and we took the Bengals to a different level. The Bengals were losing a lot before we came. I feel like we turned it around. I know they know he's the guy. ... I feel like they're going to get something done before the season starts.”
    One of the knocks against Dalton, who has helped the Bengals to three straight playoff appearances is that he doesn't show up for the biggest games, a notion Green disputes.
    “A lot of people give him crap about not winning a playoff game, but we've made the playoffs the last three seasons,” Green said. “We've won 10 or more games (twice). Playoff games …we're still young. I feel like we're going to win them, it just takes time.”
    The coaches also have Dalton's back.
    "Andy's done a fine job for us," coach Marvin Lewis said during the offseason. "We all want to be better. Once he does that, all of that will go away. He's being compared with Drew Brees, he's being compared with [Aaron] Rodgers, guys who didn't get a chance to play right away. They sat and watched. We threw Andy in right away. He's done a really good job."
    And first-year offensive coordinator Hue Jackson added: "He's on the cusp of something really good. ... The key to being a quarterback in the National Football League No. 1 is winning, and he has that trait. No. 2 is being able to win the big games. Obviously, that's the hump that we're trying to get over. The guy has the makeup to do it."
    With this latest contract, owner Mike Brown clearly agrees.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Post source links you cum filled twat.
    Definitely NSFW

Name:  Cum filled pussy.png
Views: 683
Size:  479.4 KB

FYP.

Comments

4Dragons: posts pics of his own mom rep
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    my eyes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Post source links you twat.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...llion-contract

And first-year offensive coordinator Hue Jackson added: "He's on the cusp of something really good. ... The key to being a quarterback in the National Football League No. 1 is winning, and he has that trait. No. 2 is being able to win the big games. Obviously, that's the hump that we're trying to get over. The guy has the makeup to do it."
    With this latest contract, owner Mike Brown clearly agrees.
    Lol classic coachspeak there. Dalton is also blessed with the trait of being on teams with beastly defenses, and being a ginger. He's good at traits.

Load Metric
    Dalton's deal will not last 6 years, nor will he earn $115m from it. Football contract numbers are pretty much imaginary.

Load Metric
    After reading the details, its a pretty good deal for the Bengals, and a type of deal I think we're going to see more teams start doing with young QB's. SF did something similar with Kaepernick as well. Basically give out a giant bonus up front to the player, in exchange for the majority of the contract being 1-year team options. Dalton basically got $17m up front, and only guaranteed salary for this year and next. Depending on when/if the Bengals cut bait on him, his contract could wind up being any of these:

Two years, $25 million.
    Three years, $35.7 million
    Four years, $49 million.
    Five years, $62.9 million.
    Six years, $79.1 million.
    Seven years, $96.8 million.

literally the only way he hits $115m is if he wins the super bowl every year the next 6 years. Odd that most of MSM reports that number, when 20 million of it is in performance bonuses.

Comments

ToasterOven: informative

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    After reading the details, its a pretty good deal for the Bengals, and a type of deal I think we're going to see more teams start doing with young QB's. SF did something similar with Kaepernick as well. Basically give out a giant bonus up front to the player, in exchange for the majority of the contract being 1-year team options. Dalton basically got $17m up front, and only guaranteed salary for this year and next. Depending on when/if the Bengals cut bait on him, his contract could wind up being any of these:

Two years, $25 million.
    Three years, $35.7 million
    Four years, $49 million.
    Five years, $62.9 million.
    Six years, $79.1 million.
    Seven years, $96.8 million.

literally the only way he hits $115m is if he wins the super bowl every year the next 6 years. Odd that most of MSM reports that number, when 20 million of it is in performance bonuses.
    And if you're Dalton you love the contract too. Instantly rich and likely 2-3 more years of good money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    good deal, 4th year qb, 3 playoff appearances, room to grow still , 3rd in tds last year and I think 3rd in tds last 2 years overall as well.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Bad decision.

Load Metric
    I can't think of a scenario where giving the Red Rifle 8 figures of American currency for even 1 year makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I can't think of a scenario where giving the Red Rifle 8 figures of American currency for even 1 year makes sense.
    Year Player School Round Yards TDs INTs
    2007 Jeff Rowe Nevada-Reno Fifth -- -- --
    2004 Casey Bramlet Wyoming Seventh -- -- --
    2003 Carson Palmer USC First 22,694 154 100
    1999 Akili Smith Oregon First 2,212 5 13
    1999 Scott Covington Miami Seventh 30 0 0
    1995 John Walsh BYU Seventh -- -- --
    1992 David Klingler Houston First 3,994 16 22
    1991 Donald Hollas Rice >Fourth 2,399 13 21

Comments

BCR: That others pissed away money on shit is rarely a reason to do it yourself.

Load Metric
    Carson Palmer had all the tools to be a hall of famer besides heart

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Carson Palmer had all the tools to be a hall of famer besides heart
    I agree. That knee injury devastated his psyche, before that he was widely viewed as the third best QB in the league.

CINCINNATI -- Carson Palmer's knee injury was "devastating and potentially career-ending," involving numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap, his surgeon said Thursday.

The Cincinnati Bengals quarterback tore ligaments in his left knee when he was hit by Pittsburgh's Kimo von Oelhoffen on his first pass during the Steelers' 31-17 playoff victory Sunday.

Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
    509 345 3731 32 12 101.1
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2290239

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The bengals have the same problem every good team with an average QB has, it is very hard to upgrade because very good/great QBs never become free agents and the bengals are good enough they will never tank low enough to draft a blue chipper, which would be the only reason to justify giving up on a solid stater for a rookie.

Who is available that is definitely an upgrade over a 26 year old middle of the pack QB who isn't too expensive and is durable?

Comments

gut: same situation as bears and cutler

Thread Information