Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: VEGAS1369 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE THREAD

Load Metric

VEGAS1369 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE THREAD

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

What up friends.

I am starting this thread now in the hopes that we will be able to get this league started later in August with ease. Unfortunately my time nowadays is very limited, so running these leagues this year will be difficult. I was highly considering not doing it this season, but I feel it would be a travesty if I didn't, so we will make this work.

We will do $130 leagues... As suggested by many members last season $10 of each buy in will go to me, my time of running leagues for free is over Other than that it will be the same breakdown as last year, with $20 of each going to highest points at the end of the year...

This buy in is not etched in stone, if you all have some ideas and would like to add to the total I am game... Just shoot out your ideas in this thread.

Honestly, the hardest part of running these leagues, at least in the beginning, is collecting all of the money and keeping track of who is who and whatnot. If Druff is willing to help me out with that this year I would welcome it.

Also, I am ok with Jsearles playing.

So, who wants in?

Comments

jsearles22: Bygones rep

BCR: Not into fantasy, but good to see you back.

badbilly32: vegas=commish god rep

son of lockman: :)

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm in

Load Metric
    I'm in for both as usual. Also, if you turn one into a $230 league that'd be swell, if not I'm still in for both. Long time no see buddy.

Load Metric
    in on all
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm in if it's on a site that has a FFB app

Load Metric
    in even though vegas is dead to me

Bronze
    Load Metric
    now the ball is rolling! has anyone asked druff to escrow for us? is vegas boycotting the site because of searless unbanning?we used yahoo last year correct?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badbilly32 View Post
    now the ball is rolling! has anyone asked druff to escrow for us? is vegas boycotting the site because of searless unbanning?we used yahoo last year correct?
    No need for todd to escrow, vegas has been running this league since the DD days.

Load Metric
    I'm in again

Load Metric
    Someone can have my spot. To busy this year. Vegas did a great job. Thanks

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badbilly32 View Post
    No need for todd to escrow, vegas has been running this league since the DD days.
    I thought that vegas wasn't gonna run it...so yeah as long as hes commish no need for escrow..i say lests do $160, 150league/10 commish fee for vegas and lets break it down like last year for superbowl/total points winners......saaaawswwwwwwwwweeeeeettttttttt vegas as commish=god obv im in

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

What up friends.

I am starting this thread now in the hopes that we will be able to get this league started later in August with ease. Unfortunately my time nowadays is very limited, so running these leagues this year will be difficult. I was highly considering not doing it this season, but I feel it would be a travesty if I didn't, so we will make this work.

We will do $130 leagues... As suggested by many members last season $10 of each buy in will go to me, my time of running leagues for free is over Other than that it will be the same breakdown as last year, with $20 of each going to highest points at the end of the year...

This buy in is not etched in stone, if you all have some ideas and would like to add to the total I am game... Just shoot out your ideas in this thread.

Honestly, the hardest part of running these leagues, at least in the beginning, is collecting all of the money and keeping track of who is who and whatnot. If Druff is willing to help me out with that this year I would welcome it.

So, who wants in?
    So where do I stand in playing in this?

If I'm allowed to play I'll set my lineup evry week and will be there to watch on a tracking system if there is one.

I'd just like to know where and how to send my $$$. What time and day the draft is and how the scoring is, with the positions played.

Sonny

Ate dinner with this guy once. ''The future is now!'' was his creed.

Name:  10388628_879504615411935_50829206017284098_n.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  31.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

What up friends.

So, who wants in?

If I'm allowed to play I'll set my lineup evry week and will be there to watch on a tracking system if there is one.

I'd just like to know where and how to send my $$$. What time and day the draft is and how the scoring is, with the positions played.

Sonny

Thats another thing. The fact that Vegas had to go through lineups and set them for people who were out is just complete bs. If you did that last year you shouldnt be allowed in imo.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Who gots the Micro leagues? lol 55

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post

Sonny

Thats another thing. The fact that Vegas had to go through lineups and set them for people who were out is just complete bs. If you did that last year you shouldnt be allowed in imo.
    Just my two cents, but the commissioner actually doing that is BS. If someone doesnt play (and they have already paid), why should the commish do it for them? What if Vegas set the lineups for someone all year and they won? Do they get the money? Its on each person to set their own shit.

And thats honestly not a stab at Vegas whatsoever. A commish shouldnt have to worry about that shit! People probably bitched because someone else got a bye essentially one week so Vegas was trying to make it "fair" for everyone! LMFAO, does Goddell auto insert Peyton Manning into the lineup week 17 when Denver has clinched?

Comments

PokerPrince2: Ya a commish should not be doing that
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Just my two cents, but the commissioner actually doing that is BS. If someone doesnt play (and they have already paid), why should the commish do it for them? What if Vegas set the lineups for someone all year and they won? Do they get the money? Its on each person to set their own shit.

And thats honestly not a stab at Vegas whatsoever. A commish shouldnt have to worry about that shit! People probably bitched because someone else got a bye essentially one week so Vegas was trying to make it "fair" for everyone! LMFAO, does Goddell auto insert Peyton Manning into the lineup week 17 when Denver has clinched?
    Hes only doing it to be fair. The auto default on the leagues should always be the highest scoring players so then the commish wouldnt have to worry about it. To me its like saying your time isnt as valuable is mine. Who cares if your elimanated take the 2 mins to set your lineup.

Load Metric

Hes only doing it to be fair. The auto default on the leagues should always be the highest scoring players so then the commish wouldnt have to worry about it. To me its like saying your time isnt as valuable is mine. Who cares if your elimanated take the 2 mins to set your lineup.
    I guess i see both sides of the coin. Its a BS situation all around. If you cant be bothered to play, then dont play. However i do like getting "byes" but would be pissed if I missed out because someone else got a bye. It happens in real life to though. Ive literally never heard of a commish over riding shit though. That just seems/sounds shady even if the intent is understood. What if there is a question about who should be started? Its just up to him? What if its the team he is playing? There is just a fucking can of worms that honestly shouldnt even be a consideration
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

I guess i see both sides of the coin. Its a BS situation all around. If you cant be bothered to play, then dont play. However i do like getting "byes" but would be pissed if I missed out because someone else got a bye. It happens in real life to though. Ive literally never heard of a commish over riding shit though. That just seems/sounds shady even if the intent is understood. What if there is a question about who should be started? Its just up to him? What if its the team he is playing? There is just a fucking can of worms that honestly shouldnt even be a consideration
    He puts in whoever has the highest point total for the season. If it was just whoever he wanted then it could be shady, but I think he does it the only fair way. Ive never really had this issue before that I noticed at least, but I had a guy start a rb that was clearly out vs his buddy so hes buddy could get into the playoffs since he was out already. I was pissed because it affected me or i probably wouldnt have noticed.

Load Metric

He puts in whoever has the highest point total for the season. If it was just whoever he wanted then it could be shady, but I think he does it the only fair way. Ive never really had this issue before that I noticed at least, but I had a guy start a rb that was clearly out vs his buddy so hes buddy could get into the playoffs since he was out already. I was pissed because it affected me or i probably wouldnt have noticed.
    I feel it is completely unfair to let people have "byes" against teams that have essentially given up. I like consistency, and to me this is the way of keeping the leagues consistent. There should never be a time when a team is up against another team that has 3 guys that aren't playing for whatever reason. Mind you, I only manage these teams when it is obvious they have thrown in the towel... Last minute scratches are part of fantasy, and I am cool with that, but when a player in on bye or obviously out I will sub in the highest projected player on the bench at that position.

I've been running leagues like that with the same concept for years, and people have always approved. Last year was worse than any other years though, so I am thinking maybe do a $50 "good faith" deposit that you get back at the end of the season, unless you give up on your team.

That said, I am really going to need help collecting the money this year. I won't have time to organize it all, that's why I am asking for Druff to escrow if possible.

And yes, Sonny can play.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    have u decided where we r shipping the money yet? and tbh if its too much of a hassle why don't we do just 1 10 man league first come first serve...that whole u having to set lineups last year is total bullshit! anyone that just quit managing should be not allowed in i.m.o.

Thread Information