Thread: Help Needed, Rat Poison may have led to sick dog.

Load Metric

Help Needed, Rat Poison may have led to sick dog.

So my neighbor just stopped by. We have been hit with major rat problem this summer, including a big rat jumping out from behind a rock I was moving with my son. I responded with rat poisons in every hole and smoke bomb in the front yard holes. I patched up all of the holes and I seem to have got rid of the problem in the front.

But the jumping rat was in the back and I started leaving poison in its hole as well and have not sealed it up. The last time I hit him was about a week ago. Tonight my neighbor knocked on the door to say that their dog was at the vet and the vet thought the dog had rat poison in its system. mile case and should make a full recovery with Vitamin E shot. I baited the hole on my side of the fence, but the burrow goes to their side of the yard, and we think the dog was digging back there, so the rat may have died and the dog ate it or the rat may have carried the poison over. Either way though its not certain I suspect my poison may have gotten into the dogs system. I have been talking to the neighbors about all of this for weeks as its a big problem this summer.

So what should i do. I showed the husband what I used, told him I felt terrible and will not be using the poison anymore. I think I may offer to pay the vet bill? (yikes). Send something to them like a dog toy? Thoughts? thanks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    So what should i do. I showed the husband what I used, told him I felt terrible and will not be using the poison anymore. I think I may offer to pay the vet bill? (yikes). Send something to them like a dog toy? Thoughts? thanks.
    Would be really cool to take care of the vet bill. Will make everyone feel better, you included.

Comments

Charham: thanks, i think that is the way to go. i am feeling worse as the night goes on

big dick: I agree. best of luck with all this

Load Metric
    Where do you live geez only time I saw a rat was driving downtown and saw a roadkill one next to some urban tumbleweed. You need to set traps but not responsible for vet bill. Was not on your property and could not foresee the outcome.
    Last edited by splitthis; 07-29-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Cuz

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Where do you live geez only time I saw a rat was driving downtown and saw a roadkill one next to some urban tumbleweed. You need to set traps but not responsible for vet bill. Was not on your property and could not foresee the outcome.
    We are in the City of Chicago, and something is going on (lot of construction, weather, etc.) as I have never seen this many rats, let alone all over our property. I feel like I am not responsible in many senses, especially as I was trying to get rid of rats near my kids, I just feel terrible though that a dog got sick plus its a neighbor.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    So my neighbor just stopped by. We have been hit with major rat problem this summer, including a big rat jumping out from behind a rock I was moving with my son. I responded with rat poisons in every hole and smoke bomb in the front yard holes. I patched up all of the holes and I seem to have got rid of the problem in the front.

But the jumping rat was in the back and I started leaving poison in its hole as well and have not sealed it up. The last time I hit him was about a week ago. Tonight my neighbor knocked on the door to say that their dog was at the vet and the vet thought the dog had rat poison in its system. mile case and should make a full recovery with Vitamin E shot. I baited the hole on my side of the fence, but the burrow goes to their side of the yard, and we think the dog was digging back there, so the rat may have died and the dog ate it or the rat may have carried the poison over. Either way though its not certain I suspect my poison may have gotten into the dogs system. I have been talking to the neighbors about all of this for weeks as its a big problem this summer.

* giggling *

Comments

big dick: fucking tool you would probably fuck a dog you sick pig

wrenchjockey: This is how you troll, kids.

Charham: bad boy

Thread Information