Load Metric
    tything

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    the best part of his sermon was that it wasn't trying to SELL you on God
    it was more about personal struggle

he may be rich...but I don't think he is a snake oil salesmen trying to blow smoke up peoples asses

this is no stereotypical televangelist
    You're his target audience then. They're not trying to sell you on God, they're trying to seperate you from your cash.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    the best part of his sermon was that it wasn't trying to SELL you on God

it was more about personal struggle

he may be rich...but I don't think he is a snake oil salesmen trying to blow smoke up peoples asses

this is no stereotypical televangelist
    You cant be serious

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Don't recall reading in the Bible that Jesus ever took up a collection after one of his sermons. I do believe he said something like give everything away and follow me.
    PFA follows the adventures of Tyde. A celibate monk armed only with a PokerStars account and his trusty companion Winnie who travels the West searching for good Cerveza and Yebsite.

Is this Yebsite on left? Forgive me, I'm new.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  50.3 KB

Comments

Prodigal son: Lol David Carradine great grandson of an Evangelist minister
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-28-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Osteen, who says he never did any of this for money, has an estimated net worth of about $40 million. According to this mega successful pastor, neither he nor his wife takes a salary from the church.
    Correct, the hundreds of millions that pour into his church he never touches. All his revenues comes from books. I think his last advance he got something like $15M. Funny thing is, he never wanted to be in the public spotlight, he preferred just producing his father's shows and living in the background. In 2000 his dad dropped dead, and the following year he was selling out Yankee Stadium. Shortly thereafter the book deals followed and the rest is history.

Load Metric
    Guy is fucking creepy looking, i always get sucked in for about 30 seconds of brainwash though.

Load Metric
    Osteen, who says he never did any of this for money, has an estimated net worth of about $40 million. According to this mega successful pastor, neither he nor his wife takes a salary from the church.

The Queen of England also collects all of the money given to the Church of England and it is put into a public trust. This has no bearing on her living like she's the Queen of England.

Load Metric
    When the truth about osteen comes out it will make swaggert and baker look like saints.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    When the truth about osteen comes out it will make swaggert and baker look like saints.
    Opinion, or you have info?

Comments

splitthis: Will bump post when happens as a I told you so

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    This is correct. All his money is derived from book sales and paid speeches outside the church. All money collected within the church stays there for operations. Joel have never taken a salary. He is there every week giving his sermon that he writes himself.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Ya know I heard him a couple of times when visiting old relatives. He sounded very polished but he said something that really got to me and not in a good way. He said it was ok to be poor and that you don't have to get down on yourself and what-not. Now that is an ok thing to say I suppose, but not when you leave the stage after passing the hat to all of those 'poor' people and taking that money and driving your lambo to your mansion in the hills. He became just another Jim Bakker to me after hearing that. This guy has made his money off of the same people you hear in the news that complain about having to choose between buying their life saving drugs or feeding their 12 cats.
    decade old musings from a convicted pedo

Platinum
    Load Metric
    While Joel is a legit nice guy, based on people I know that play basketball with him, his wife is a shrew.

His church own the company center where the Houston Rockets used to play, it used to be called the summit before corporate sponsorship.

I watch his show once in a while and he really does do a good job, I’d never buy his books or attend that church though.

Load Metric
    F this guy and F all religion.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: God

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Osteen is what many refer to as a preacher who pushes Prosperity Gospel which is very much against what the bible teaches as a whole. It teaches you can get to heaven by doing good deeds that somehow your good deeds will outweigh your bad when you are judged. Hes just flat wrong. Im not going to start into biblical semantics but I believe one must admit one is a sinner first now that being said I also dont believe blindly one who just asks for forgiveness can just go about being an asshole and do bad things and expect to be forgiven over and over.

If you're going to ask for forgiveness for shit you did at least do your damndest not to back into the same sewer again and the same things and expect it to be ok.

We should help the less fortunate when its called for but I also dont believe in encouraging dependency if it is possible. (The old sign in the National Parks comes to mind. Dont feed the animals theyll become dependant on humans for food.. and then folks wonder why bears attack people). I think we should give a hand up not a hand out when possible. Our social safety net encourages dependency and punishes those who try to climb out of the hole they are in instead of saying ok Your doing the right thing we can and will continue to help you get on your feet not kick the ladder out from under you while your trying to climb out which happens way more often then it should.

I knew single mothers when I was in nursing school struggling because the system would punish them for trying to earn a little money and get some hands on training on the weekends thats not how that shit should work especially if you're in school and trying to learn real world job skills that are desperately needed in the country.

People poo poo religion but truth is 10 commandments is just basic rules for civilized society that actually traces back thousands of years i mean no lying stealing murder seems to make sense just saying. Just my .02 worth which is worth now less then it was then when Biden was elected.

Load Metric
    I have zero interest in any religion and my life is great. No need or interest in it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Osteen is what many refer to as a preacher who pushes Prosperity Gospel which is very much against what the bible teaches as a whole. It teaches you can get to heaven by doing good deeds that somehow your good deeds will outweigh your bad when you are judged. Hes just flat wrong. Im not going to start into biblical semantics but I believe one must admit one is a sinner first now that being said I also dont believe blindly one who just asks for forgiveness can just go about being an asshole and do bad things and expect to be forgiven over and over.

If you're going to ask for forgiveness for shit you did at least do your damndest not to back into the same sewer again and the same things and expect it to be ok.

We should help the less fortunate when its called for but I also dont believe in encouraging dependency if it is possible. (The old sign in the National Parks comes to mind. Dont feed the animals theyll become dependant on humans for food.. and then folks wonder why bears attack people). I think we should give a hand up not a hand out when possible. Our social safety net encourages dependency and punishes those who try to climb out of the hole they are in instead of saying ok Your doing the right thing we can and will continue to help you get on your feet not kick the ladder out from under you while your trying to climb out which happens way more often then it should.

I knew single mothers when I was in nursing school struggling because the system would punish them for trying to earn a little money and get some hands on training on the weekends thats not how that shit should work especially if you're in school and trying to learn real world job skills that are desperately needed in the country.

People poo poo religion but truth is 10 commandments is just basic rules for civilized society that actually traces back thousands of years i mean no lying stealing murder seems to make sense just saying. Just my .02 worth which is worth now less then it was then when Biden was elected.
    Close to 100%. Prosperity gospel is a false gospel. Following principles in the Bible will lead you to, but not guarantee you prosperity.

We live in a fallen world, what the Bible teaches is that no matter what happens, we will not walk alone.

Jesus would help all regardless of circumstance or deserving.

DR, curious what you think life purpose is, if this is all there is.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=splitthis;1106996]
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    DR, curious what you think life purpose is, if this is all there is.
    I don’t have a good answer for you. All I can confirm is that my life is good WITHOUT any religion or God in my life. Dont want or need it, perfectly happy.

Thread Information