Thread: Lakers sign Byron Scott as head coach

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lakers sign Byron Scott as head coach

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-reaction

Perfect hire, because they grabbed an average, unspectacular-but-not-terrible coach to oversee an average, unspectacular-but-not-terrible team.

Similar to the Jeremy Lin signing, I just kind of shrug my shoulders and say, "Okay, so the team won't be as terrible anymore, but this isn't going to make them contend."

But in reality, this team really has no way to go anywhere for awhile. LeBron didn't come and won't ever, and even Carmelo chose to stay away. Not that Carmelo would have led the Lakers to a championship, but you get the point. Lakers are likely many years away from acquiring a combination of talent that can be championship caliber.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Byron has shit timing. Cavs after Lebron. Lakers when they suck. Good dude, average coach.

The reality is the Lakers simply have to wait until Kobe is done. He's overpaid and difficult to work with, particularly for these present mentally soft fuckers around now.

Clear Kobe's contract and replace Jim with his sister and you'd land the 2 or 3 best FAs available in a few years. It's not like LA got any less desirable, it's just a fucked spot at the moment. Kobe was kind of insufferable when he was actually good, but dealing with that shit now just isn't going to happen for anyone with options.

Come be a Cavs fan for a few years. We got Lebron, probably Love, and a super Jew coach. It isn't like we're going to be the hot team again in our lifetimes, so you can return to the Lakers when the universe rights itself again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Byron has shit timing. Cavs after Lebron. Lakers when they suck. Good dude, average coach.

The reality is the Lakers simply have to wait until Kobe is done. He's overpaid and difficult to work with, particularly for these present mentally soft fuckers around now.

Clear Kobe's contract and replace Jim with his sister and you'd land the 2 or 3 best FAs available in a few years. It's not like LA got any less desirable, it's just a fucked spot at the moment. Kobe was kind of insufferable when he was actually good, but dealing with that shit now just isn't going to happen for anyone with options.

Come be a Cavs fan for a few years. We got Lebron, probably Love, and a super Jew coach. It isn't like we're going to be the hot team again in our lifetimes, so you can return to the Lakers when the universe rights itself again.
    Good post.

I didn't mind Kobe's arrogance when he was good (it was part of what drove him to be the player he was), but he also doesn't understand when to accept the fact that his time is over. That huge contract is a killer for the team, and nobody good wants to play with Kobe. Even if Lebron wanted to come to LA, he wouldn't have with Kobe in the way.

Good for Cleveland if they manage to win this year.

F the Clippers. I just can't take them seriously as an LA team for some reason. Maybe because they moved here when an LA team already existed. Or maybe because I see them as the Angels of the NBA.

Silver
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Dan Druff;281156]
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

F the Clippers. I just can't take them seriously as an LA team for some reason. Maybe because they moved here when an LA team already existed. Or maybe because I see them as the Angels of the NBA.

Thread Information