Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexander Gustafsson out of UFC 178

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Alexander Gustafsson out of UFC 178

http://www.ufc.com/news/Jones-Gustaf...cebook%3A+UFC&

Alexander Gustafsson is out of UFC 178 with an injury and Daniel Cormier steps in to face Jon Jones for the light heavyweight title.
    I looked forward to Gustafsson rematch but I also wanted to see Cormier fight Bones too so I'm okay with this.

In other news

NSAC has granted Vitor Belfort his license. The ‪#‎UFC‬ has since announced Vitor will face UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman in the main event of ‪#‎UFC181‬ at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on December 6. Vitor has agreed that NSAC will have the authority to reasonably test him (blood and/or urine) at any time, at his expense, until the day he retires. What do you think?

Comments

4Dragons: This is fucking awesome in my book

Load Metric
    I'm sure this must mean that Jones is ducking Gustafsson.

Kinda weird because I thought that Cormier was also on the shelf with knee surgery or something.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Cormier will crush Jones. This pretty much means immediate rematch assuming that Jones isn't beat into retirement. I'm not happy to see this because I really wanted Gus to have his rematch against Jones for the belt.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Cormier will crush Jones. This pretty much means immediate rematch assuming that Jones isn't beat into retirement. I'm not happy to see this because I really wanted Gus to have his rematch against Jones for the belt.
    I hope he doesn't cripple him, that takes away from Jones / Cormier ii and then the inevitable topple down the ladder and climb back up.

Name:  35144463.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  106.5 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Up to 250 on Jones obv escrow with druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I won't write Jones off he is a beast but Cormier is extremely intelligent and a superb wrestler. Jones hasn't seen a wrestler of Cormier's caliber. I can see Cormier who trains with Cain Velasquez taking one out of his book and charging at Jones just like Cain did to Junior and not giving up until he gets Jones down or makes a mistake fucking himself over.

If Jones can get it into the later rounds I do question Cormier's stamina more then Jones.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I won't write Jones off he is a beast but Cormier is extremely intelligent and a superb wrestler. Jones hasn't seen a wrestler of Cormier's caliber. I can see Cormier who trains with Cain Velasquez taking one out of his book and charging at Jones just like Cain did to Junior and not giving up until he gets Jones down or makes a mistake fucking himself over.

If Jones can get it into the later rounds I do question Cormier's stamina more then Jones.
    If you can tie up his daddy long legs and sharp knees, you're better than half way home.

Comments

JMM:

Load Metric
    Still time to get into the $500 freeroll for this weekend on Kountermove:

http://www.kountermove.com/join/3026...fox-12-T-free/
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Wow Matt Brown missed weight.

Probably my 2 favorite fighters going toe to toe tomorrow night. I will never bet against Matt brown but I think Robbies a much better technical striker and as long as he doesnt get caught with a huge shot he should win, but man I love Matt Brown the guy is tough as fuck.

Load Metric
    Hopefully will be a better youtube up soon.

https://vine.co/v/M9XAXlhQmZM

http://www.ufc.com/news/Tempers-Flar...acebook%3A+UFC
    The UFC 178 main event between UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier on September 27 is a little less than two months away, but the two combatants got started early at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Monday afternoon, as the ritual faceoff after today’s pre-fight press conference turned into an impromptu brawl, with both Jones and Cormier toppling to the floor.

As Jones and Cormier squared off, a shoving match ensued, followed by punches and a grappling match with the two falling to the floor. Security and UFC officials broke up the dust-up, with Jones later tweeting “Come on DC where was your takedown defense” and later “I put you on your back in six seconds.”

Cormier’s response? “I got some td def for you. Don’t ever put ur dirty face on me again.”

The social media standoff didn't stop once cooler heads prevailed either, with Jones firing off with another volley of "Put some ice on that face DC, you got lots of interviews tomorrow," with Cormier responding "I won't let another man get in my face and put his forehead against mine. I will react every time. @JonnyBones next time I will slap you."

Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Hopefully will be a better youtube up soon.
    Here you go.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/4/...-178-media-day

Load Metric
    WORLDSTAR WORLDSTAR
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I just can't buy any of the DC stuff. He just seems way too composed and laid back. Like how he seemed to be selling the Cummins fight where he pushed him as well. Pretty much as awkward as the GSP "I'm not impressed" comments.

Jones probably too stupid to understand this though. Although who knows.. wouldn;t be surprised if it was rehearsed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Better clip direct off youtube

Load Metric
    Name:  BuN97FhIMAA6pAK.png
Views: 251
Size:  308.2 KB

Load Metric
    I remember when I used to watch the UFC.... when I was 16.

Load Metric
    if this fight gets scrapped because someone just broke a finger, ill never stop laughing.

Comments

Hockey Guy: gotta admit, that would be hilarious.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    I remember when I used to watch the UFC.... when I was 16.
    How'd your internship interview go anyways?

Load Metric
    Got the offer on Friday and accepted it. Planning to start in appx. 2 weeks, they've given me a 6-month initial window of work and will probably re-evaluate my position based on performance after that.

Comments

BetCheckBet: well done

simpdog: we expect tourney donations starting in a month or two.

Hockey Guy: You started a thread here & have known since Friday & decided to keep it secret?

DJ_Chaps: thread jack elsewhere

Thread Information