Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its not a sprint it’s a marathon

Load Metric

Exclamation Its not a sprint it’s a marathon

Ironically, this is the first post I have ever written with Microsoft Word. But since this is a special occasion, it’s time to make a special announcement.

(Incidentally this is a ‘Micon Approved’ thread, so Druff kindly remove your finger from the delete button TIA)

In August of this year I bought sonatine's site.com and hired a development firm out of Los Angeles to design a new website for me.

The development never got off the ground because my idea was to create a staking forum including a database within the forum template, but that is a huge undertaking and very expensive. The page source code is enormous and I made the decision to pull the plug on that particular aspect of the site, at least for the time being.

Honestly, the design firm I hired to do the work didn’t really understand what was involved and were throwing all kinds of additional costs on my bottom line, and I just decided to get rid of them and look for someone else to help with design and form and function.

Building a message forum and being able to support hundreds/thousands of registered members is not the same as just slapping up a webpage obviously. There is constant maintenance involved, as an administrator these are definitely uncharted waters for me.

Very recently I was approached once again with the opportunity to build, design and launch a forum community and new website.

I am pleased to announce the birth of sonatine's site.com on Monday, July 21st 2014.

At this point, the site design is more or less done and the operating system in place, but the site is essentially a blank canvas with very little content. There will in all likelihood be several changes and additions made over the next few weeks. This is an ongoing effort and this entire project will ultimately be a gradual but steady evolution

Obviously there is a main poker discussion forum encompassing not only poker strategy, but industry news updates, gossip, scandal, and other shenanigans within the poker world. But this is only a small part of sonatine's site.com. I have put a lot of time and effort and thought into this website and this was a 3rd attempt in trying to make it materialize. Long overdue IMO

Now In addition to the realm of poker, we are including forums for MMA/Boxing and Sports betting and also a staking forum. The staking forum is subject to change if we can manage to develop a working code for a fully automated database that can be used within the forum.

That is something that we are looking into so please be patient. I also have a ton of ideas/plans for the ‘Player Profile’ section as well. Most forum functions on sonatine's site.com will be fully compatible with Iphones, Blackberrys’ and other mobile devices.

With that said,

I want to name the franchise players and people that will be a big part of sonatine's site.com and have made commitments to help build this brand new community from the ground up.

I have commitments from ‘DumpsterRental’ to assist in the development of the MMA/Sports-betting forums and Dumpster will be assuming a role as a regular featured blogger and franchise player for SP. I am really excited about this aspect of the site because as most of you know, Dumpster is a hardcore action junkie/professional degen, and plans to be a huge regular contributor to sonatine's site.com.

DumpsterRental was respected moderator on Skatzpoker.com for over 5 years and has a background within the MMA and martial arts arena, with plans to bring a lot to the table. We will be doing fighter profiles and posting regular lines on featured match ups from NFL, NBA, MLB and a wide array of other sports including regular articles on all your favorite MMA featured players.

I am also thrilled to have Neverstop on board to be my lead moderator. He will be the eyes and ears of sonatine's site.com and the last word when it comes to taking disciplinary action against a member. I trust his judgment and have no problems giving him the keys to the castle. Neverstop will naturally be featuring his infamous ‘LOCK OF THE WEEK’ and I’m sure plenty of other entertaining material.

I am excited to have ‘408mike’ helping me in the development of the staking forum and making other valued contributions to the site. The key is incorporating and implementing a workable database within the forum template, but for now the standard forum set up will have to suffice. I will leave it up to 408mike to make his introductions and lay out the groundwork for that particular aspect of sonatine's site.com.

Now I will be making announcements on the rest of the moderators and contributors and other planned events and features. It goes without saying that we will be making additions and improvements to the site as more and more content is added and people begin to register for membership. As I said, this is a blank canvas and I am looking forward to growing a good core membership and building a fun and interesting place for people to post and interact.

Make no mistake. This is not NWP or boris. I will not hesitate for a minute to terminate anyone that disrupts this site with the same mindless clutter that ultimately flushed NWP into the abyss. This is going to be marketed and operated as an adult community catering to individuals that actually bring something to the table and don’t behave like complete retards.

There is every intention to offer an ‘uncensored’ environment (to a certain degree), but also enforcing a certain standard of common sense. That translates to a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to trolls. You know who you are and I urge you strongly not to test my patience or I will just ban your ass and never look back. Anyone can register, this is a clean slate. But consider carefully what you post and don’t push the boundaries of good taste. I think that is a reasonable request.

There will be some special promotions very soon to encourage membership and other ‘incentives’ to help get everything off to a good start including special freerolls and other events which will be announced in a timely manner.

Now I want to make something perfectly clear so there is no misunderstanding. This is a work in progress. I am sure people will have complaints and/or mock the site for whatever reason and it’s also inevitable that certain losers are going to critique every last detail of the site and say how much it sucks, how much I suck, etc.

That’s predictable, so get it all out of your system right now because we are going to be constantly making improvements, listening to suggestions, and improving every facet of the site on a regular basis.

Obviously the poker boom is over and I couldn’t care less. sonatine's site.com is not here to market some cheesy rakeback scheme or try to squeeze a few bucks out of what’s left of the fish pool. I am much more concerned (and dedicated) to offering as much interesting discussion and quality material as possible and building a solid community from the ground up.

What flushed NWP down the virtual toilet was inept, incompetent, profit driven management and a complete disregard for attention to detail and registered members. That will not be happening at sonatine's site.com, you can bet your ass on that.

We still need to create avatar libraries, and offer as many familiar features as possible: set member rankings, adjust certain settings etc. But this is not a sprint it’s a marathon. I think everyone will be really pleased when we start incorporating some of the suggestions and add features over the course of the next few months.

Comments

ToasterOven: well deserved rep for comedy

simpdog: ms word rep

Damone: And remember, no Excessive Lurking, or you will be insta-banned

BetCheckBet: words of wisdom

JACKDANIELS: dumpster rentals is god

The_Standard: gl m8
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  dumpster-fire_medium.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  36.8 KB

Comments

sonatine: definitely on his way to modship

Load Metric
    First, I was like "what is this shit?" Then, I started thinking that I'd read this before. Then I got to neverstop.... that's when it dawned on me, and then I laughed.

Good comedy, would read again. Probably aloud.

Comments

sonatine: POTENTIAL WWW.sonatine's site.COM MOD

bukowski72: I did the same...but I almost googled sonatine's site hoping to hear Nirvana played on steel drums again

Banned
    Load Metric
    your smug plagiarism is so transparent to anyone with a triple digit IQ

keep tilting because you've been getting your shit packed in

Comments

sonatine: questionable temperment for www.sonatine's site.com modship

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    your smug plagiarism is so transparent to anyone with a triple digit IQ

keep tilting because you've been getting your shit packed in

Look dilweeds, I am doing you an enormous FAVOR by jumping back in the snake pit to take your abuse. It’s blatantly obvious you need me to give you a reason to feel better about your own boring, meaningless and insignificant, sorry ass lives. Be honest with yourselves and admit that you couldn’t ignore me if you tried.

Just read Tyde's ‘Anyone else sick of Tyde and Dead Winnie’ rambling, vomit inducing mess of a thread. LOL @ gathering intel from Facebook. Gee that’s news to me. Yet another blatant lie pulled out of thin air. Marty STFU. Get your facts straight before you make accusations with no substance whatsoever. I don’t even have a facebook account and no ‘threats’ have been issued. That is simply pure fiction. Put down the Tequila and get off the keyboard if you are going to tell straight up lies about me.

I decided to post here and grace you with my presence out of common courtesy, nothing more. Consider it a gesture of charity. Not an olive branch or an appeal for forgiveness. I don’t need your approval or acceptance. I just demand your attention. Being vastly superior to most of the vultures and bloodsuckers on this site, I don’t need to justify myself or my actions to insects or other amoeba. I may or may not be posting here on occasion because I feel sorry for some of you miserable rat fucks. Most of you are complete gimps and quite frankly, beneath me. You are pond scum and inferior homo sapiens.

OK lets get to the meat on the bone…

Micon and Druff are still in denial about the indisputable fact that I am, and always will be, a motherfucking superstar powerhouse/gold star poster, that could bring this pile together if I deem you people worthy of my pearls of wisdom.

Translation: cough up some fat greenage to keep me happy, and voluntarily throwing myself under the bus for your personal amusement. This is not a free service anymore. I’m way more valuable than most of you inbreds could ever hope to be in 1000 lifetimes. Hasn’t that sunken in yet ? Wake the fuck up.

sonatine's site.com is killing it btw. Design is polished, site runs like a 57 Chevy. I have a racehorse on a leash ready to run. Traffic is steadily increasing. Yes I am officially profitable. No, I do not miss any of the turds who got flushed. If you got banned from sonatine's site.com you are pretty much a huge shitstain on the underwear of life.

My site will thrive and survive without these clowns who have been force fed their walking papers. You will not be missed, so kindly cease and desist from regging dupes because I will just erase any memory of you on my site if the mood strikes me. It recently occurred to me that I can do whatever I please on the pages of sonatine's site.com. The days of playing to the crowd are long gone. Get used to being 86’d for life if you can’t manage to clean the shit out of your diapers. Some of you are such peasants and neanderthals it’s embarrassing

Here is the deal. I run the internet. You know it. I know it. You people gravitate to me because your shallow lives are mundane and without purpose or direction . You have no vision or inspiration. It makes you feel like you are actually worth something to society when you can rip on me. I GET IT. Fairly simple business model when it comes down to it. Log on the internet, bash Sonatine, masturbate, watch South Park. Rinse and repeat. You have enough relevant data/lies/rumors and images to mount a serious challenge from the bleachers with little or no consequence.

Most of the aforementioned participants are anonymous bottom feeders and mosquitoes. Most of you pukes haven’t even been out of your own state. Ignorant pubescent scum, nothing more

That said,

Byron and Todd, you boys have a cute little site here. But let me point out that the one and only reason your traffic is (slightly) better, is because you inherited 1.3 million some odd posts, an existing user base, and God knows how many thousands of addresses to pimp this whore with email blasts.

When you get down to nuts and bolts, PFA is still basically as worthless in terms of traffic and marketing value as sonatine's site.com or boris or Snakeinthegrass. Hell even skatz is in your ballpark in terms of appraised value. Please spare me the comments about ‘failsites’ when PFA is hardly blowing the roof off. You have made no money. I am in the black. I own my site outright. You amateurs are splitting pieces of nothing 4 ways on a wing and a prayer.
    Not sure if you boys are still suckling the NWP teat for re-routed forum traffic, or if the Lithuanians pulled the plug on that ugly bitch already, but any lurker traffic you get is meaningless. Micon, spare me the comments about how vastly superior your traffic is than sonatine's site.com’s. It’s apples and oranges. You are (or were) getting a free ride on Neverwins cock. That is undisputed

Just sayin’

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    more copy and pasted creepiness from the weirdest poster on the interwebs

0.0% chance you actually typed a single word of that babbling mess

Comments

wrenchjockey: Hope to god he can't edit when he realizes what he's said here.

Hockey Guy: Yup, babbling mess story checks out.

Crowe Diddly: unintentional truth rep

BetCheckBet: keep em coming

JACKDANIELS: babbling mess rofl

abrown83: Literally spit out my cherry coke, thanks for not reading Tyde and just responding.

Load Metric

Holy crap, tyde.

You just made this thread go from funny to best thread ever.

Comments

tyde: creepy dupe red rep

Hockey Guy: lol

JACKDANIELS: this guy

Load Metric
    bukowski72: I did the same...but I almost googled sonatine's site hoping to hear Nirvana played on steel drums again

http://www.sonatine's site.com/main/

SO SAYETH THE SENATE AND THE PEOPLE OF ROME.

Comments

bukowski72: The return Juggalo Hank Hill

Load Metric

martinielle, you are literally magical.

Load Metric
    Too much morning mescal for any self-recognition, I guess.

Banned
    Load Metric
    this shit is SO cash

Load Metric
    Just to clarify, it's a

Not a

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    shout out to whoever bumped my This is Marty thread on sonatine's site.

Load Metric
    Thought it was real until I got to the part about 408Mike being in charge of the staking.

Load Metric
    well said tyde that really was a babbling mess

Comments

lol wow: too soon

Load Metric

Comments

ToasterOven: this appears to be correct

Load Metric
    Talking about sonatines smug plagiarism is all well and good but I think you guys are missing the most important point of this thread

Load Metric
    Name:  3d 1264890525803.gif
Views: 515
Size:  190.6 KB
    NEVER FORGET

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  jewdonkwisdomtile.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  640.0 KB

earned.

Comments

sonatine: first off i want to thank God without whom none of this would be possible

Load Metric
    I just read this thread again today, for old time's sake. I'm still at audible laughter, but there were no tears of laughter today.

Thread Information