Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: jsearles22 unbanned

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    jsearles22 unbanned

    In the general spirit of allowing banned/disallowed users to come to PFA, I will be re-enabling jsearles22's posts. He has had a working account here, but it was unable to post for a very long time -- basically since he welched on a bet with vegas1369 in 2012.

    I want it to be understood that I am still on vegas1369's side on this one. jsearles22 does owe him $500. However, I will concede that jsearles did not set out to scam vegas1369, nor is he likely to do anything like this again. This whole situation was a matter of jsearles not completely understanding what he had bet (his fault), and then not wanting to pay when he lost. Still a shitty thing to do, but it's a lot different than a scam or even a straight-up welching.

    I also want it to be understood that the timing of this unbanning is no coincidence. I left jsearles banned all of this time out of respect for vegas1369. However, given that I am allowing various people on PFA whom have done bad things to me in the past (even the recent past), I think it's also fair that I allow jsearles to return despite what he did to vegas1369. Simply put, I'm treating vegas1369 the same way I'm treating myself.

    I think it's best for the forum to have as few people banned as possible, both for activity/entertainment reasons and also to decrease hostility. We are all adults here (most of us over 30), and it's silly to let years-old forum beefs dating back to NWP affecting the present.

    Regarding jsearles himself, his account will not have any restrictions, but he will not be allowed to do the following:

    1) Make any bets with people unless both sides escrow with me first.
    2) Run any stakes or BAPs.
    3) Taunt vegas1369 or anyone else about the welching. If people taunt him about the welching, he can respond, but he can't make any posts or threads about it on his own. If he wants to pay vegas, he can discuss it privately with me, and not through public threads.

    Also, jsearles was making some awful posts/threads in the past simply for the sake of terribleness and getting people mad on purpose. If I see this occurring, I will also re-ban him. That's not to say every post of his has to be great, but if I notice a pattern where he's posting stupid things just to get a reaction, I will probably re-ban him.

     
    Comments
      
      Henry: gross
      
      jsearles22: Its about fucking time
      
      tony bagadonuts: Fair decision
      
      Tyde: jsearles > 95% of the clowns posting on PFA
      
      DJ_Chaps: The proper play.
      
      Baron Von Strucker: amnesty rep
      
      JACKDANIELS: building bridges

  2. #2

     
    Comments
      
      4BET: LOL

  3. #3

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: fantastic++
      
      El Gallo: Awesome

  4. #4
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648

  5. #5
    Banned
    Reputation
    1175
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    TRUMP 2020
    Posts
    6,515
    jsearles is god

    /thread

  6. #6


    I mean, every recent unbanning is probably a bad decision given Druff's hostory with all of them, but this one is the worst.

    Watch the current 'liveliness' of the board plummet when this corpulent douche bag returns. JSearles brings a level of attention-whoring awfulness that is unparalleled. Literally nobody ever called for his release for at least 6 months after he was shitcanned.

    At least young Garrett doesn't brag about beating his father.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This whole situation was a matter of jsearles not completely understanding what he had bet (his fault), and then not wanting to pay when he lost. Still a shitty thing to do, but it's a lot different than a scam or even a straight-up welching.
    Have to ask again, what made you change your opinion?
    In the original thread you worded it different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    For now I will leave jsearles on the forum, but that might change soon, as well.

    I agree that this was a scummy angle-shoot on his part, and vegas1369 was unfairly and unethically freerolled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    This is the type of stuff I don't want to see here.

    I don't want people tricking others into making bets to where the terms are intentionally misleading, only to hit them with a "lol gotcha" after they accept and think they won.

    That's the type of thing I classify as a "semi-scam", and I definitely don't want happening between the users here. I don't see why you think this is ethical behavior.

    So you say that he still owes Vegas 500$ for a bet he made on this site - the 500$ he will most likely not pay - but he is allowed to post again on the site that you started with the intention to expose guys who do not pay their lost bets?


    Edit, Last quote links to the wrong post. Should be this one:
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post19883
    Last edited by pavoe; 07-21-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

  8. #8
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5358
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,417
    The house has the right to make rulings that run contrary to literal interpretation of policy if it considers doing so to be beneficial to the game.

     
    Comments
      
      Tyde: prob took you 10-15 mins to come up with that gem
      
      Crowe Diddly: Good for the game rep
      
      tony bagadonuts: Prolly took 15 seconds but's it's fresh regardless. Lighten up Francis.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  9. #9
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,109
    Blog Entries
    2
    This isn't a high-risk thing to do, nor are any of the other recent unbanning/allowances, because I always have the power to instantly reverse it if things don't work out.

    One of the problems on DD was that I would have to fight with the other owners about every decision I wanted to make, so it would have been a lot tougher to re-ban an unbanned user that I thought was once again a detriment to the forum or atmosphere.

    Here no such other owners exist.

    I'm basically hitting the reset button and giving a lot of people a shot here, and we'll see where it goes.

  10. #10
    Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Reputation
    720
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    5,063
    Who gives a fuck. Vegas is barely a member of this community anymore. Let's get this reunion rolling full steam ahead.

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: speaking ill of a made nigga? -10 points gryffendor.

  11. #11
    Platinum Lord of the Fraud's Avatar
    Reputation
    1269
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Get A BRAIN! MORANS - GO USA
    Posts
    4,974
    Jibberish over content every time.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

  12. #12
    Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Reputation
    720
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    5,063
    LOL @ made nigga. this isn't 2007. he hasn't MADE many appearances here in a dog's age.

     
    Comments
      
      BetCheckBet: Being made isn't temporal

  13. #13
    Silver 4BET's Avatar
    Reputation
    22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    925
    I missed what happen, Did Jsearles work out payment plan for the 500? Settle for less?
    -Allergic to the struggle

  14. #14
    Gold LLL's Avatar
    Reputation
    202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karen Ave.
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    I missed what happen, Did Jsearles work out payment plan for the 500? Settle for less?
    Did you read Druff's post in this thread?

     
    Comments
      
      4BET: No, Not at the time of posting
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

  15. #15
    I think this a good decision, however........

     

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Name:  RazorTHIS_zps02caa3b7.png
Views: 213
Size:  72.4 KB

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In the general spirit of allowing banned/disallowed users to come to PFA, I will be re-enabling jsearles22's posts. He has had a working account here, but it was unable to post for a very long time -- basically since he welched on a bet with vegas1369 in 2012.

    I want it to be understood that I am still on vegas1369's side on this one. jsearles22 does owe him $500. However, I will concede that jsearles did not set out to scam vegas1369, nor is he likely to do anything like this again. This whole situation was a matter of jsearles not completely understanding what he had bet (his fault), and then not wanting to pay when he lost. Still a shitty thing to do, but it's a lot different than a scam or even a straight-up welching.

    I also want it to be understood that the timing of this unbanning is no coincidence. I left jsearles banned all of this time out of respect for vegas1369. However, given that I am allowing various people on PFA whom have done bad things to me in the past (even the recent past), I think it's also fair that I allow jsearles to return despite what he did to vegas1369. Simply put, I'm treating vegas1369 the same way I'm treating myself.

    I think it's best for the forum to have as few people banned as possible, both for activity/entertainment reasons and also to decrease hostility. We are all adults here (most of us over 30), and it's silly to let years-old forum beefs dating back to NWP affecting the present.

    Regarding jsearles himself, his account will not have any restrictions, but he will not be allowed to do the following:

    1) Make any bets with people unless both sides escrow with me first.
    2) Run any stakes or BAPs.
    3) Taunt vegas1369 or anyone else about the welching. If people taunt him about the welching, he can respond, but he can't make any posts or threads about it on his own. If he wants to pay vegas, he can discuss it privately with me, and not through public threads.

    Also, jsearles was making some awful posts/threads in the past simply for the sake of terribleness and getting people mad on purpose. If I see this occurring, I will also re-ban him. That's not to say every post of his has to be great, but if I notice a pattern where he's posting stupid things just to get a reaction, I will probably re-ban him.
    I have to respectfully disagree with your views on jsearles welshing especially when you confirm that he owes the money. I have seen a few threads where jsearles openly mocks these types of threads and is claiming he doesn't owe the money If I understood that correctly. That is just brazen. To have a member on a forum that purports integrity in the gambling world be an unrepentant welsher is a travesty of epic proportions.

    Also, didn't I see jsearles running contests worth money?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

    I have to respectfully disagree with your views on jsearles welshing especially when you confirm that he owes the money. I have seen a few threads where jsearles openly mocks these types of threads and is claiming he doesn't owe the money If I understood that correctly. That is just brazen. To have a member on a forum that purports integrity in the gambling world be an unrepentant welsher is a travesty of epic proportions.

    Also, didn't I see jsearles running contests worth money?
    Searles and I were betting baseball. He stated he would run a contest for the users if he won. Which he did.

    Searles was solid with me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ** OFFICIAL MWH72 OFFICIALLY UNBANNED THREAD **
    By Tyde in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 06:40 PM
  2. Played JSearles22 at mini golf today
    By Lannister in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 02:54 PM
  3. ship jsearles22 the bag already
    By Tyde in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 09:03 PM
  4. jsearles22 is this true?
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 10:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •