Thread: New York City

Bronze
    Load Metric

New York City

I lived there in 2004 and worked in Jersey until 2007. After you get around the whole Times Square theatrics, the place is a giant cluster fuck, riddled with traffic.

I really cannot fathom ever visiting that piece of shit again. I go to San Diego for tropic type stuff and Chicago for city type stuff.

New York City sucks. And I am only mentioning it was because I got some Remax shit in the mail earlier this week like I still lived in Queens. LOL.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: I'm sure your redneck shithole is far better

Banned
    Load Metric
    As someone that has come to loathe traffic and long commutes, NYC seems like a nightmare. I've never been though.

Load Metric
    Ive only ever been to NYC once and I loved it. The city just has its own pulse, like its alive. I dont mind being in large crowds. I actually enjoyed the subway. I also found it cool how even in the largest city in America there were still little neighborhoods that seemed to march to their own beat. I loved it there
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Benjamin loves NYC not from being there just before he turned 2 (which he barely remembers), but from seeing pictures of it from the end of the All in the Family end song.

He keeps asking to go there.

True story.

Notice no Twin Towers because this was recorded 2 years before they were built.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    As someone that has come to loathe traffic and long commutes, NYC seems like a nightmare. I've never been though.
    Last time I was in the NYC was in April. At a stop light and a bike was at my right and a guy texting (on foot) to my left. Cement truck behind me and a cop pointing me left even though I needed to go straight like 100 feet. Took 20 minutes to get 100 feet. /end

Load Metric
    NYC is a great place to visit. Not sure why anyone who lived there would want to own a car.

Comments

LLL: :this

Gold
    Load Metric
    NYC rules.

Manhattan is like hot chick Mecca.

Good food, drink all night, do cocaine with strangers, what's not to like?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Born and bred in queens, bronx...used to be great..medium income 49,000 gross...avg 1 bedroom1200 a monh cash..verrry small no closets bring a full size bed a quern size is for rich people..its become ridiculouse..but most people outside of n.y cqnt make change from a dollar bill..or at least it takes them a while..lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Damone View Post
    I lived there in 2004 and worked in Jersey until 2007. After you get around the whole Times Square theatrics, the place is a giant cluster fuck, riddled with traffic.

I really cannot fathom ever visiting that piece of shit again. I go to San Diego for tropic type stuff and Chicago for city type stuff.

New York City sucks. And I am only mentioning it was because I got some Remax shit in the mail earlier this week like I still lived in Queens. LOL.

You see their is one little trick most all from NYC or local too know, about that big "clusterfuck" that was lost on you.

Odds and evens, even # streets are eastbound streets, and are usually always one way. Odd #s are the westbound and usually are one way as well. Simple things, bottomset!

Their are some exceptions, but all is solved with a friend or two, or just by asking a local passer by.

Load Metric
    In case it you missed it in "similar threads".
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ck-to-New-York
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Thread Information