Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Predict who will make the MLB Playoffs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Peavy is a shadow of his former self. Won't be a factor.

Mattingly finally did something right, setting up the rotation to where Kershaw-Greinke-Ryu would face the Giants.

Both easily won.

Kershaw pitched a CG shutout and allowed just 2 hits. He just owns the Giants hard always. Lifetime 0.69 ERA at AT&T field.

On the downside, the 4-5 pitchers in the Dodgers rotation are indeed troubled. Haren has been awful, and Beckett has an injury that will not likely heal this season, so he will be ineffective. Malholm is also lousy and won't be of any help in replacement, nor do the Dodgers have much in the way of pitching in the minors.
    Agreed from watching Peavy pitch on Sunday that his ship has sailed.

Name:  10534751_877279375634459_3189944609458592303_n.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  43.6 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    The Angels have Erick Aybar hitting fourth today. I know they have Trout, but how are these clowns keeping up with the A's?
    You've posed a very good question there ToasterOven.

I don't see it happening for long even if I'd like too.
    They pitched well against the Tigers this weekend, so that's probably part of it.

It must kill Scioscia to watch Hamilton walk out his grounders. I guess you shouldn't give a crackhead a long term contract.

Comments

son of lockman: yeppers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post

You've posed a very good question there ToasterOven.

I don't see it happening for long even if I'd like too.
    They pitched well against the Tigers this weekend, so that's probably part of it.

It must kill Scioscia to watch Hamilton walk out his grounders. I guess you shouldn't give a crackhead a long term contract.
    man you hit the nailhead about hamilton the lazy overpaid zero he is.

Load Metric
    OK OK BLUE JAYS BLUE JAYS LET'S PLAY BALL

Melky hit one over the Green Monster tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BtrWgwOCMAIhBij.mp4

Toronto is long overdue to make the post season, especially when the Yankees/Boston are not at their best.

Edit:
    Last edited by simpdog; 07-29-2014 at 04:59 AM.

Load Metric

My point is that the Dodgers are not a unique team of dominant players that should easily outperform the competition. They are a good team, will likely be in the playoffs, and the Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu combo will be tough on the opposition in the postseason. They may very well win the World Series, but I don't feel the Dodgers should mortgage the future to increase those odds. They aren't anywhere near a lock with or without Cole Hamels and/or David Price, and therefore they should not ship off really good minor leaguers like Seager, Pederson, and Urias. You ship off guys like that when your team has a huge hole and isn't likely to win without it plugged.

The Dodgers don't have any huge holes. They're just not super dominant.
    Druff feeling a little melancholy from the codeine. He just wants to limp into the money. Where's the competitive spirit, big guy. This is sports.

The drive to win is so strong with some. Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg in 1979 NFL playoffs. He didn't worry about next year.

The irony with your post is that you advocate Dodgers should not mortgage their future. They already have. Your mortgage is typically $100 million and 10 year maturity. You know the back end of these deals will be a write off. This is as good as it will get for a long while.

Everyone over values prospects.

Price & Hammels ain't worth it. I agree. Lester is a World Series winner. Winner in playoffs. Proven unlike Kershaw so far.

You have no idea wether Pederson, Urais, Seager will be playoff winners. Odds are against it.

Can you be available tomorrow afternoon to pick up Lester at LAX? Lester has been scratched from his scheduled Weds night start.

Word is his locker is all but cleaned out.

Cheer up kid. I am looking forward to listening to your comments when you return to radio this fall.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-29-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

My point is that the Dodgers are not a unique team of dominant players that should easily outperform the competition. They are a good team, will likely be in the playoffs, and the Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu combo will be tough on the opposition in the postseason. They may very well win the World Series, but I don't feel the Dodgers should mortgage the future to increase those odds. They aren't anywhere near a lock with or without Cole Hamels and/or David Price, and therefore they should not ship off really good minor leaguers like Seager, Pederson, and Urias. You ship off guys like that when your team has a huge hole and isn't likely to win without it plugged.

The Dodgers don't have any huge holes. They're just not super dominant.
    Druff feeling a little melancholy from the codeine. He just wants to limp into the money. Where's the competitive spirit, big guy. This is sports.

The drive to win is so strong with some. Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg in 1979 NFL playoffs. He didn't worry about next year.

The irony with your post is that you advocate Dodgers should not mortgage their future. They already have. Your mortgage is typically $100 million and 10 year maturity. You know the back end of these deals will be a write off. This is as good as it will get for a long while.

Everyone over values prospects.

Price & Hammels ain't worth it. I agree. Lester is a World Series winner. Winner in playoffs. Proven unlike Kershaw so far.

You have no idea wether Pederson, Urais, Seager will be playoff winners. Odds are against it.

Can you be available tomorrow afternoon to pick up Lester at LAX? Lester has been scratched from his scheduled Weds night start.

Word is his locker is all but cleaned out.

Cheer up kid. I am looking forward to listening to your comments when you return to radio this fall.
    Dodgers haven't mortgaged their future. They have huge money coming in from Time Warner's idiotic deal, and will for the next 25 years.

The minor league system is actually fairly good now, with 4 top-level propspects (Seager, Pederson, Lee, and Urias).

I don't want the Dodgers to limp into the money. I already saw them do that multiple times over the past 10 years or so. I want them to win the World Series, but I don't think another front-line pitcher is going to really make the difference, especially given that it's mostly 3 starters going over and over in the World Series, and the Dodgers already have 3 playoff-caliber starters.

Now, if the Dodgers could acquire another Kershaw for prospects, I would be thrilled to see them do it. Kershaw is a special pitcher who among the best of the best.

Lester is being moved, obviously, but he could be going anywhere.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Vin Scully coming back for his 66th season in 2015:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...15-66th-season

Unbelievable. I'm sure that's a record which will never be broken.

Imagine an MLB announcer working 66 years.

From listening to him, it seems that Yasiel Puig is his favorite player, and part of the reason he's hanging around.

Scully will turn 87 this fall.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Puig has a single, double, and triple giong into the 7th.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Supposedly Pederson isn't part of the talks:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...for-jon-lester

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yasiel Puig has one of the worst, if nitthe worst name in MLB. must be a cuban thing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Yasiel Puig has one of the worst, if nitthe worst name in MLB. must be a cuban thing
    WTF does this even mean. It's not like you're trying to say it's funny like Rusty Kuntz.

Are you trying to say it's not "white" enough for you?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    WTF does this even mean. It's not like you're trying to say it's funny like Rusty Kuntz.

Are you trying to say it's not "white" enough for you?
    how do u know he's not black though

Load Metric
    Jays going to get Lester and also win the World Series this year.

Load Metric
    Vin Scully coming back for his 66th season in 2015:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...15-66th-season

Unbelievable. I'm sure that's a record which will never be broken.

Imagine an MLB announcer working 66 years.

From listening to him, it seems that Yasiel Puig is his favorite player, and part of the reason he's hanging around.

Scully will turn 87 this fall.
    I agree. No American worker will ever be employed by the same organization for 66 years again.

Don Imus, Casey Kasem, Dick Clark, Todd Witteles had deep broadcasting runs too.

Drexel has volunteered to pick up Lester at the airport.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-30-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Load Metric
    Jason Hammel 0-4 with a 9.53 ERA for the A's

Thread Information