Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Young, Hot, Female, PeterDC (Sarah Phillips scamming story)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Looks like the YouTube account was closed. I knew that would happen. Should have captured it.

Anyone else know where to find a copy of the video? Someone, somewhere must have grabbed it.

Load Metric
    "As Deadspin and other websites have detailed, Phillips used these new sites to promote her own work. The sockpuppetry helped raise her Twitter follower count to over 60,000."

high tech bonnie & clyde are scheming and scamming to get 60K Twitter followers and joe sebok has one million Twitter followers fall in his lap and what does he do, he leads them to UB
    what a moran
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 05-03-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Holy shit that story has over 2,400 comments.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Here are some pictures of Nilesh and Sarah:

Name:  original.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  medium.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  73.7 KB

Views: 276
Size:  89.7 KB

http://deadspin.com/5907349/

Friends of Sarah Phillips say that back when they knew her in 8th grade and high school, Sarah "couldn't give two fucks about anything sports related." She was an athlete, but as far as following sports, statistics, etc., it wasn't really her thing. According to a girl (we'll call her Kate) who played on sports teams with Sarah and was "good" by not great friends with her at the time, Sarah would have "no chance" referencing sports names, scores, scenarios without the help of someone else. Kate says she doesn't doubt Sarah may have picked up some sports knowledge along the way, but not to the level which she portrayed herself on ESPN and social media
    So the "puppet" theory of mine appears to be correct.

... and Nilesh was apparently a poker player:

[The friend] says that falls in line directly with the way Nilesh was back in high school when he would play poker frequently. According to [the friend], Nilesh would always say to [him], "'I made all this money off these guys,' or, 'You guys should go play him (in poker).'" For [the friend], the way "Sarah" talked about "her" bets in your piece was eerily familiar to the way Nilesh would describe his gambling conquests.
    I imagine that he was playing online. I wonder if any of us ever sat at a table with him.

Oh.. and here is a really weird twist:

Apparently some guy named John Harrison tricked deadspin and got them to publish a completely made-up story about Sarah. He did this to show deadspin's hypocrisy regarding criticism of ESPN for not checking out Sarah better before hiring her.

http://johnharrisonlives.blogspot.co...i-thought.html

Platinum
    Load Metric
    BUMP

[The friend] says that falls in line directly with the way Nilesh was back in high school when he would play poker frequently. According to [the friend], Nilesh would always say to [him], "'I made all this money off these guys,' or, 'You guys should go play him (in poker).'" For [the friend], the way "Sarah" talked about "her" bets in your piece was eerily familiar to the way Nilesh would describe his gambling conquests.
    I imagine that he was playing online. I wonder if any of us ever sat at a table with him.

Apparently some guy named John Harrison tricked deadspin and got them to publish a completely made-up story about Sarah. He did this to show deadspin's hypocrisy regarding criticism of ESPN for not checking out Sarah better before hiring her.

I don't think we can compare a sports/rumor/blog to a conglomerate like ESPN. I do get the irony in the fact checking, but again apples and oranges here. What about all their reporting that led up to that point on the story? You think they just pulled that stuff out of their ass?

And that guy's blog is hilarious, he claims it is to "expose the media" yet every fucking entry is trying to sell his 39.99 yearly pick membership.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    BUMP

I don't think we can compare a sports/rumor/blog to a conglomerate like ESPN. I do get the irony in the fact checking, but again apples and oranges here. What about all their reporting that led up to that point on the story? You think they just pulled that stuff out of their ass?

And that guy's blog is hilarious, he claims it is to "expose the media" yet every fucking entry is trying to sell his 39.99 yearly pick membership.
    I don't think hiring somebody sight unseen to write is all that strange. I haven't met any of the people I work for online, and it happens with book deals all the time. Not to mention writers often use pseudonyms or hide their true identities in other ways including ghost-writing (which isn't frowned upon all that much). All you have to know is that "somebody" wrote it, and is it good: as long as it isn't plagarized or some other no-no, why should it matter if you verified the person by sight? Would you suddenly stop reafing the Dear Abby column if you find out it's a dude writing it? ESPN obviously had her fill out a tax-form and was making the checks out ot that person, so why would they feel they have to meet her in person... especially for a job that pays by the hit!
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Thread Information