Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WSOP trip report

Load Metric

WSOP trip report

Let me start out by saying the airlines have deteriorated so rapidly that in 2 years when I return will have be be a cross country trek. I remember when flying was fun and pampered, now it is a contest to see how many people you can cram in. Our flight was delayed due to old ass airplane problems and the turbulence was horrific. Feck.

Between events and deepstack dailys we played poker day and night.

Things I notice different this year. There are so many more foreigners. I feel less US involvement directly related to black Friday aftermath. Dear foreigners please use deodorant while here in the US. I shouldn't have to smell your pungent skunk underarms for hours on end. Feck.

Foreigners on cash tables very loud and aggressive to fellow table members. Seriously hilarious to watch grown men with schoolboy mentalities. Entertaining for about 3 seconds then gotta say take it outside aholes. This is my vacation.

I have improved since last year and was happy to bag the chips at end of day. Details beyond will stay hidden. I am still stunned at the lengths Druff will take over long periods of time to discover who someone is.

I was not as enamored with seeing pros in person. We got a few pics for our poker room but as with anything not as thrilling as the first time. I think Fricke has a thyroid problem and if someone will pass onto him to see a doc and ask for a TSH level that would be good. Negreanu was very sweet even extending break time once play had started to accomate fans. Hellmuth on the other hand marches by people swiftly with his nose in the air. Our friend got him to stop for a pic but shit that is his hero and he practically had to suck him off to get one.

Why isn't hash house a gogo open 24/7 during WSOP. Please fix.

My boyfriend found a large heavy piece jewelry on ground. Imprint 18k zales. I was like chaching but once home found out was a very good fake. Poop.

Split is definitely feeling her age this year. The miles and miles of walking definitely wore me out. Next WSOP will be staying at the RIO.

Good time will do again.

Love, Split.

Comments

smithbk: sharing is caring

bukowski72: Thanks for the report

PLOL: rude and obnoxious comment about Fricke. Mind your own business.

garrett: lol, solid trip report.

ToasterOven: good trip report, hairy tit racist

BeerAndPoker: Trip report rep +1. To be fair though I've sat next to several stinky Americans in my time playing live too.

also yikes: Todge uhhh feel like a piece of sallyttt

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Hellmuth on the other hand marches by people swiftly with his nose in the air.
    He's seriously one of the worst "famous" pros when it comes to this. Avoiding eye contact, pretending not to hear you, etc. I've seen him take photos for fans, but he's not nearly as cool about it as Daniel or even Esfandiari or Selbst.

Load Metric
    srslsysirius also has a habit of big-timing people

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    lol sorry dude. The main event is just the busiest and most stressful time for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    lol sorry dude. The main event is just the busiest and most stressful time for me.
    i'm just fucking with you, i was too busy fucking hookers anyway

and it was nice meeting you, thomas, if only for a minute before i got the fuck out of that hole in the desert

Load Metric
    Foreigners stank of BO? And they were loud, at a poker table, while on vacation - in Vegas?

While I suppose the American players were all aftershave and manners?

Can I get more opinions from Vegas regulars on this?

My boyfriend found a large heavy piece jewelry on ground. Imprint 18k zales. I was like chaching but once home found out was a very good fake. Poop.

lol what a fucking skank.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: lol

thesidedish: Foreign POS, soccers dumb
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Split, ship the vag pics crucial.

I always miss the good stuff.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I have improved since last year and was happy to bag the chips at end of day. Details beyond will stay hidden. I am still stunned at the lengths Druff will take over long periods of time to discover who someone is.
    282 women played the main this year. Less than that made day 2, I'm sure.

I don't mean to scare you, its just that... he's going to find you.

Comments

garrett: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good TR and I agree with most of your opinions presented, airlines etc, but I think we all compare

ourselves to "foreigners" and it's often critical.

Funny to hear an American complaint about loud foreigners though.

We in the GWN love to make fun of the average American lard ass and they like to "eh?" us to death.

Hard for me to hear people dissing Negeranu when he's one of the few good ambassadors for the game and

seems to be a genuinely nice guy....same goes for Phil Laak?

Load Metric
    Foreigners stank of BO? And they were loud, at a poker table, while on vacation - in Vegas?
    While I suppose the American players were all aftershave and manners?
    Can I get more opinions from Vegas regulars on this?

100% true. I sat next to at least 3 smelly people this year. Hate to say it, but they all had foreign accents.

Comments

shortbuspoker: greasy Armenians rep

Load Metric
    I think Fricke has a thyroid problem and if someone will pass onto him to see a doc and ask for a TSH level that would be good.
    PLOL: rude and obnoxious comment about Fricke. Mind your own business.
    Not sure if you're kidding there. Jimmy comes across to me through all of the radio that he's done as a great guy. His friends and family really do need to talk to him about his health. I'm not small by any means(around 210) but he is in danger of developing serious health problems because of his weight.

Comments

splitthis: wasn't being rude, hypothyroidism is treatable

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BO is the biggest tell that you're a loser, or you forgot to apply that day.

Comments

simpdog: I don't normally green you, but lol.

smithbk: soapaholic rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    BO is the biggest tell that you're a loser, or you forgot to apply that day.
    Just about spit my drink all over my keyboard/monitor.

Load Metric
    Split is God(dess)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hellmuth on the other hand marches by people swiftly with his nose in the air.
    He's seriously one of the worst "famous" pros when it comes to this. Avoiding eye contact, pretending not to hear you, etc. I've seen him take photos for fans, but he's not nearly as cool about it as Daniel or even Esfandiari or Selbst.
    I still think it's so weird how Hellmuth approached me while I was walking around the Rio in 2010, and wanted to know if I hated him.

"It's okay if you hate UB, and I understand that, but I don't want you to hate me."

This was a year after I made anti-UB jokes toward Phil on the ESPN TV table, and where he got the asskissy floorman to threaten me with a 20 minute penalty if I continued talking about it.

It was just so odd to me that Hellmuth was so concerned about what I personally thought of him, since clearly it wasn't going to make any difference in his life. Perhaps he was aware of my radio show and didn't want me badmouthing him there, but it was like a year later and obviously that would have happened already.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis
    I am still stunned at the lengths Druff will take over long periods of time to discover who someone is.
    See, this isn't true, and I am surprised you are still confused about it.

I go through great lengths to find people who are harassing me in real life (or in ways that will affect my real life), but not harmless forum members like you. Even if people troll me (which you don't), I still don't attempt to find them, because frankly I don't care. I keep using fluffer as an example, because he is a good one. The guy trolls me constantly here, but since he's not doing any harm, I've never lifted a finger to try and figure out his identity.

When I suggested we meet in Vegas, it was the same reason I wanted to meet WillieMcFML, Shizzmoney, JSTAT, and was happy even to meet guys like Suicide King whom I didn't realize would be there. I just like meeting forum people in real life, especially ones who are well known. It wasn't for any creepy purposes to ascertain your identity, I assure you.

Comments

wrenchjockey: J. Edgar Hoover filebuilding technique rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I still think it's so weird how Hellmuth approached me while I was walking around the Rio in 2010, and wanted to know if I hated him.

"It's okay if you hate UB, and I understand that, but I don't want you to hate me."

This was a year after I made anti-UB jokes toward Phil on the ESPN TV table, and where he got the asskissy floorman to threaten me with a 20 minute penalty if I continued talking about it.

It was just so odd to me that Hellmuth was so concerned about what I personally thought of him, since clearly it wasn't going to make any difference in his life. Perhaps he was aware of my radio show and didn't want me badmouthing him there, but it was like a year later and obviously that would have happened already.

Strikes me as odd that after all this mwh and been drama that the Hellmuth reaction dosn't register with you.

Comments

Dan Druff: get real, Phil Hellmuth is too self absorbed to read forums

Load Metric
    Dan Druff: get real, Phil Hellmuth is too self absorbed to read forums

See? You didn't even get that post!

Diamond
    Load Metric
    the one thing Ill remember from the rio this summer besides the bad beat to knock me out of the main, is that the foreigners are fuckin pieces of shit. Nothing I noticed from sitting at the tables with them, but from standing behind them waiting in line for food. They had no consideration for the workers or other ppl in line. There actions caused me to immediately think: Without question, The USA is the greatest country in the world with the best ppl, and theres a reason we moved far away from these ppl centuries ago.

Foreign poker players: take a shower, shut the fuck up, and know ur role in the presence of greatness that is the United States of America.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: Foreigner getting in the way of a fat American and his food tilt

4Dragons: he's not talkin' about northern euros you donk fraud

Tegnation22: Hell yeah...murica

Load Metric
    Maybe we Americans are falling behind a current fashion trend with all this bathing & hygiene.

The Dirty Jeans Manifesto
    https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...ost&_mSplash=1

To wash or not to wash? The long-running debate over whether or not to launder your jeans exploded again after Levi's CEO Chip Bergh recommended that people stop washing their denim.

"If you talk to real denim aficionados, they tell you don't wash your blue jeans," Bergh said in a recent interview at Fortune magazine's Brainstorm Green conference.

Maybe I am just old and out of step

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: this, every one is obsessed with sudsing up in the shower and soap on every thing every day. Dirt docent kill often

Thread Information