Thread: Time for some good customer service stories.

Load Metric

Time for some good customer service stories.

With Druff's history of always somehow getting shitty service, I wonder if he's ever run into good customer service.

Here's an article about 10 stories of companies that went above & beyond:

Why are we as consumers so captivated by stories of great customer service? Perhaps it is because they serve as a much needed reminder that there are companies (and amazing support reps) who still care about their customers.

Every company says that their customers are their #1 priority, but stories show us that many businesses are ready, willing, and able to go the extra mile for each and every one of their customers.

As Benjamin Franklin would put it: “Well done is better than well said.”
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/10...133000081.html
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I went to an in n out literally dying of alcohol withdrawal and I needed a pink lemonade badly the line was so long they had an employee in the parking lot taking orders to speed it up he goes that's all you want he went inside got it for me and I tried to give him 10.and say keep it u wouldnt take it and probably saved me 20.minutes faith in humanity was restored that day

Load Metric
    went to a subway a few months ago and just for fun asked for my tomatoes on the side......... boom 4 tomatoes slices in a cookie bag

maybe its a Canadian thing and the rules are a little my relaxed, you know

Comments

tyde: hof

4Dragons: boom
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    This one time I went to jail for beating my dad and I was like "UGH my chest is getting soggy from my tears" and the police totally gave me this awesome smock to keep my chest dry.

Comments

YUUP: lol

Kuntmissioner: pic or it didn't happen

wrenchjockey: This is how you win the internet.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    went to a subway a few months ago and just for fun asked for my tomatoes on the side......... boom 4 tomatoes slices in a cookie bag

maybe its a Canadian thing and the rules are a little my relaxed, you know
    Subway in Canada is way more lenient.

I get pickles on the side all the time for kids.

I order a footlong because I'm cheap then have them make up both halves totally different. Then they offer you to wrap them individually.

Load Metric
    Just ate at Burger King. Asked for a honey mustard for my chicken sandwich.. no extra charge.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Just ate at Burger King. Asked for a honey mustard for my chicken sandwich.. no extra charge.
    You must have mentioned that you've eaten there once a week for the past 2 years to get great service like that.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    You must have mentioned that you've eaten there once a week for the past 2 years to get great service like that.
    Second time in there lifetime. Girl behind the counter gave me the eye, so there's that though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Every Subway I've eaten at in my life has given me tomatoes on the side except for that one asshole in Las Vegas.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Every Subway I've eaten at in my life has given me tomatoes on the side except for that one asshole in Las Vegas.
    And apparently my complaint to corporate had an effect, as they must have forced him to change the policy. scottyno went to that same Subway the next month, asked for tomatoes on the side, and they gave it to him.

For the record, corporate told me he was violating Subway policy.

Load Metric
    And apparently my complaint to corporate had an effect, as they must have forced him to change the policy. scottyno went to that same Subway the next month, asked for tomatoes on the side, and they gave it to him.

For the record, corporate told me he was violating Subway policy.
    Fuck off dude. This thread is dedicated to good customer service stories.

You not being able to contribute isn't much of a surprise to anyone here.

Comments

superallah: outside of druff's field of expertise rep.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Every now and then the grocery store down the road from me will make me a sandwich at 3 bucks instead of charging me the 5 dollars in lunch meat, cheese, and roll that I usually spend buying them separately.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    Or it was just a different sandwich artist.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    Or it was just a different sandwich artist.

No, the owner had everyone pretty terrified. He made it crystal clear to every employee there that they would be terminated if they dared give anything on the side.

They told me this and I thought they were full of shit, but then they put the owner on the phone. When the guy was literally yelling at me about the matter, I knew they were right.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have had a number of good customer service experiences, too, but like the times you are on the giving end of bad beats in poker, you don't remember those.

Unfortunately the human brain is naturally wired to remember more of the bad than the good (goes back to survival instinct).

Usually my good customer service experiences have occurred in one of the following ways:

- Overcompensating me for previous screw-ups by the company.

- I'm given something extra for literally no reason. For example, one time I called a NYC hotel in Times Square about the extra cost of their "view" rooms. The guy on the phone gave me a view room (worth $100 extra, it turned out) just to be nice, when all I was calling about was to inquire about how to buy those rooms with the AAA discount on the web.

- Free advice over the phone, where the person harms their own business. I have sometimes called small repair businesses, am fully ready to let them come down for an expensive service call, and they tell me honestly that it would be a waste of time and instruct me to do something simply to fix it.

- Restaurant takes off things from the bill without me asking. For example, if I ate a dish but casually mention that it was different than expected or something was wrong with it, finding that it's taken off my bill (which I would never ask for if I did eat it).

- Anything else where the employee goes above and beyond, just to be nice

Thread Information