I live in a town house but it is also in the city. There are 2 sides. The street side which just has a sidewalk and is like the back side of the units.

You can enter on one end of the units or the other. When you pull in there is a row of cars garages etc like any standard townhouse unit.

The problem here lately has been the theft of central AC units. Half of them are on the garage side and the other half are on the street side. Mine happens to be on the street side.

So the other night unit 1 had their coil cut and had the ac stolen. These cost about $4,000 to replace including installation. 2 nights later unit 3 had theirs clipped. The pattern dictates unit 5 is probably next and I am unit 6. More than likely it is some junky stealing these things and selling the copper in them for $100

So I have been going out during the night and peaking out the window to see if I have any action. But this can only work for so long and isn't really the best prevention for theft as it takes 3 minutes to cut and steal these things.

What's my play? Cage and lock these things which I have read will run $500 or is there a way to insure these things and how much would that cost?