Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony from Opie & Anthony fired

Load Metric

Anthony from Opie & Anthony fired

Cliffs:

He gets assaulted by a black chick for some reason. He then goes on a Twitter rant about the situation. Sirius fired him.

Name:  Radio Host Anthony Cumia From SiriusXM’s ‘Opie and Anthony’ Show Fired for Controversial Twitter.png
Views: 1284
Size:  515.9 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Srslysirius?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Anthony is pretty much inches from being a klansman, but he is 100% in the right here.

Load Metric
    Who?

Comments

yaahello: ..

Corrigan: lol yup

Load Metric
    Dummy.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    The tweet that fucked him, that isn't being mentioned in the couple articles I've seen including the OP, was "They are not people". If he calls the woman the hit him a bunch of racist shit, that's probably a suspension. But he literally dehumanized an entire race of people.

He has the free speech rights to say that. It is of course not illegal. But Sirius is also 100% within their rights to end their relationship with him over it. They would have been savaged on Twitter and Facebook, including tons of cancelations, if they hadn't fired him.

Anthony's story is also pretty weak. He was taking a picture of scaffolding next to a sidewalk? I'm not buying his innocent bystander tale.

Comments

LLL: :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    The tweet that fucked him, that isn't being mentioned in the couple articles I've seen including the OP, was "They are not people". If he calls the woman the hit him a bunch of racist shit, that's probably a suspension. But he literally dehumanized an entire race of people.

He has the free speech rights to say that. It is of course not illegal. But Sirius is also 100% within their rights to end their relationship with him over it. They would have been savaged on Twitter and Facebook, including tons of cancelations, if they hadn't fired him.

Anthony's story is also pretty weak. He was taking a picture of scaffolding next to a sidewalk? I'm not buying his innocent bystander tale.
    I agree. If you are in any type of publicly seen occupation these days i.e tv, radio, or sports, you probably have some sort of morality clause or "actions that are detrimental to the company" clause in your contract and should watch what the fuck you say or tweet or blog. My biggest wonder is whether or not Opie stays on without him and if he does how long will he last.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Never liked Opie & Anthony.

They were shock jocks for the sake of being shock jocks. I always felt they were trying too hard to be controversial and edgy, rather than just naturally being controversial and edgy (which I think makes good radio, and in fact what made Howard Stern so good for so many years.)

Incidentally, I felt the lack of restrictions on Howard on Sirius actually made him worse. It resulted in better radio when Howard had to tone down the raunchiness and instead find ways to make his show interesting without all that much of it. Otherwise he just uses the raunchiness as a fallback option, and doesn't try as hard.

Comments

Daly: This. Same for O&A for that matter when they were on WAAF in Boston.

Silver
    Load Metric
    shame.

Banned
    Load Metric
    that eggnog challenge is the grossest thing ive seen/heard ever in life like way worse than 2 girls 1 cup type shit.

Load Metric
    Comments
    yaahello: ..
    Get real with your life son.

Load Metric
    I liked these two, but only if Jim Norton was sitting in with them.

Also, was it just me, or did anyone else have trouble telling the two of their voices from each other? I could never tell which one was talking.

Load Metric
    Show is god when Burr is on. or when they own conspiratards.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I liked these two, but only if Jim Norton was sitting in with them.
    only times I ever listen to them is when they have people like Louie CK on. Or, now that I think again, just Louie.

Wasn't a big fan of these cats when they were on in Boston, and never warmed up to them since then either. Like druff said, it always appeared that they were trying to be overly edgy just to make waves, but oftentimes forgot they were supposed to be funny and interesting along the way.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    When Patrice Oneal was on the show was good, I still youtube the old shows once in a while

Load Metric
    Came across this on Drudge, so much for the thin skinned hippies:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...harged-tweets/
    ‘Opie and Anthony’ Fans Canceling SiriusXM Subscriptions in Wake of Cohost’s Firing Over Racially Charged Tweets

“Opie and Anthony” fans are canceling subscriptions to SiriusXM in reaction to the satellite radio company firing cohost Anthony Cumia earlier this week for racially charged tweets, according to The Wrap.
    Cumia said he was taking pictures in Times Square late Tuesday/early Wednesday when a black woman took exception to being included in one of the pictures and “punched” him (as many as 10 times, he said). That’s when, he explained, five other black men jumped in and started giving him “sh**.”

The tweets that led to Cumia’s firing were sent early Wednesday morning. In them he called the woman a “c***”; but his comments on violence in the black community and referring to her and others as “savages” and comments that “they aren’t people” were met with the most outrage.
    As to the subscription cancellations, more from The Wrap:
    Many loyal fans vented their frustration on social media by tweeting screenshots of their service cancellation emails, and wrote hashtags of support including #IStandWithAnthony and #CancelSiriusXM.
    Cumia retweeted many of the tweets before scrubbing most of his entire Twitter feed, including the controversial comments that led to his termination at the satellite radio station.
    “So @Anthonycumia gets fired by #Siriusxm. I cancelled my subscription,” tweeted fan Mike Kubick.
    “How Sirius handled this was ABOMINABLE,” tweeted another angry “Opie and Anthony” fan.
    There’s even a change.org petition that’s garnered nearly 3,000 signatures as of Saturday evening demanding SiriusXM reinstate Cumia.
    It was unclear how many fans cancelled their subscriptions, The Wrap noted, adding that it’s unknown if Cumia’s longtime partner Gregg “Opie” Hughes will remain on the air.
    At the link are a bunch of tweets of sirius subscribers posting cancellation notices: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...harged-tweets/

Again, I have no clue who these guys are.

Load Metric
    I find offense to him comparing these people to Randy Savage.

Comments

4Dragons: Points!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

‘Opie and Anthony’ Fans Canceling SiriusXM Subscriptions in Wake of Cohost’s Firing Over Racially Charged Tweets

“Opie and Anthony” fans are canceling subscriptions to SiriusXM in reaction to the satellite radio company firing cohost Anthony Cumia earlier this week for racially charged tweets, according to The Wrap.
    Cumia said he was taking pictures in Times Square late Tuesday/early Wednesday when a black woman took exception to being included in one of the pictures and “punched” him (as many as 10 times, he said). That’s when, he explained, five other black men jumped in and started giving him “sh**.”

The tweets that led to Cumia’s firing were sent early Wednesday morning. In them he called the woman a “c***”; but his comments on violence in the black community and referring to her and others as “savages” and comments that “they aren’t people” were met with the most outrage.
    As to the subscription cancellations, more from The Wrap:
    Many loyal fans vented their frustration on social media by tweeting screenshots of their service cancellation emails, and wrote hashtags of support including #IStandWithAnthony and #CancelSiriusXM.
    Cumia retweeted many of the tweets before scrubbing most of his entire Twitter feed, including the controversial comments that led to his termination at the satellite radio station.
    “So @Anthonycumia gets fired by #Siriusxm. I cancelled my subscription,” tweeted fan Mike Kubick.
    “How Sirius handled this was ABOMINABLE,” tweeted another angry “Opie and Anthony” fan.
    There’s even a change.org petition that’s garnered nearly 3,000 signatures as of Saturday evening demanding SiriusXM reinstate Cumia.
    It was unclear how many fans cancelled their subscriptions, The Wrap noted, adding that it’s unknown if Cumia’s longtime partner Gregg “Opie” Hughes will remain on the air.
    At the link are a bunch of tweets of sirius subscribers posting cancellation notices: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...harged-tweets/

They are more for people into comedy/radio, obv not your thing. They regularly host a who's who of standup, as well as other guests.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

They are more for people into comedy/radio, obv not your thing. They regularly host a who's who of standup, as well as other guests.
    They must be morning guys, I hate 'morning shows'. Prob because I hate daylight.

Load Metric
    I have gotten hooked on Free Beer and Hotwings since I have an hour long drive to work now. The show itself isn't necessarily that good but they are constantly arguing and that is hilarious to me.

Thread Information