Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merge seizes $1500 from Magic612 because he thinks they may be rigged. Click link/vid.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Merge seizes $1500 from Magic612 because he thinks they may be rigged. Click link/vid.

Merge seized $1500 from Magic612. This guy has never cheated and many witnesses will confirm. I posted a link to his show a while back. Apparently if you question Merge's integrity they will seize your cash. He had controversial beliefs but he never cheated.

Play the vid. at this link where he reads the letter Merge sent.
    http://www.blogtv.com/People/PokerStarsIsAScam

Fair or unfair seizure? I vote unfair, the least they could of done is allow him to cash out first since every dime in his account is 100% fair and legit.

Edit: They offered a check for the account balance. CASE CLOSED imo
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 05-01-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Load Metric
    Which Merge skin was this?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Carbon

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Merge seized $1500 from Magic612. This guy has never cheated and many witnesses will confirm. I posted a link to his show a while back. Apparently if you question Merge's integrity they will seize your cash. He had controversial beliefs but he never cheated.

Fair or unfair seizure? I vote unfair, the least they could of done is allow him to cash out first since every dime in his account is 100% fair and legit.
    I was with him until he said, "I folded kings, I folded queens, I folded tens, just to fucking fold to the gold". So it sounds like he's claiming that he folded big pairs preflop because he was looking to min-cash.

That last statement is a bit suspect, because that makes it sound like they were accusing him of softplaying or colluding (such as folding KK preflop when someone else opens with AA), and if he was folding big pairs like KK in spots where it otherwise didn't make sense to do so, I have to think maybe Merge was right.

Does anyone have any more information on this subject? I think he might be playing this up as retaliation for criticizing Merge, when in reality it might be a legitimate case of cheating.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I was with him until he said, "I folded kings, I folded queens, I folded tens, just to fucking fold to the gold". So it sounds like he's claiming that he folded big pairs preflop because he was looking to min-cash.

That last statement is a bit suspect, because that makes it sound like they were accusing him of softplaying or colluding (such as folding KK preflop when someone else opens with AA), and if he was folding big pairs like KK in spots where it otherwise didn't make sense to do so, I have to think maybe Merge was right.

Does anyone have any more information on this subject? I think he might be playing this up as retaliation for criticizing Merge, when in reality it might be a legitimate case of cheating.
    He never soft played, colluded or cheated in any way. you're misinterpreting what he's saying. He prided himself on making folds and TBH he was pretty damn good at laying down the big pockets when he thought they were beat. He's got 200 YT videos where he calls out Stars the same as Merge. Trust me Stars would of loved to ban him but they couldn't because he never cheated. For reals, a cheater he is not.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff I am always wary when people come out and say that a site just banned them for no reason.

This guy is pretty well known in some circles for his videos on youtube. He is basically the modern day Tufffish from the old party poker videos.

I don't and can't see this guy scamming/colluding/ or cheating in any way. This guy has years worth of bad beat videos uploaded where he really gets the worst of it.

With that said, something else definitely happened. I don't think the guy cheated, but he is very vocal in expressing his opinion on poker sites being corrupt and scamming their players. He may have bad mouthed them to a serious extent. He may have said some shit or expressed some feelings that were just over the top. Is that enough for Carbon to confiscate his balance? I dunno.

I am willing to bet money this guy didn't cheat in any way. He is absolutely a friggin nut job, but I don't think a cheat.

Check out some of his videos, he def is a funny dude

Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    totally agree with FPSRussia

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    Druff I am always wary when people come out and say that a site just banned them for no reason.

This guy is pretty well known in some circles for his videos on youtube. He is basically the modern day Tufffish from the old party poker videos.

I don't and can't see this guy scamming/colluding/ or cheating in any way. This guy has years worth of bad beat videos uploaded where he really gets the worst of it.

With that said, something else definitely happened. I don't think the guy cheated, but he is very vocal in expressing his opinion on poker sites being corrupt and scamming their players. He may have bad mouthed them to a serious extent. He may have said some shit or expressed some feelings that were just over the top. Is that enough for Carbon to confiscate his balance? I dunno.

I am willing to bet money this guy didn't cheat in any way. He is absolutely a friggin nut job, but I don't think a cheat.

Check out some of his videos, he def is a funny dude

sounds a lot like Scott Matusow

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Dude is paid by sites to do this shit. They pay him to expose cheating in a way that no one would ever believe and laugh at, to further confuse people into thinking they are not getting cheated. Apparently he now has a job with Merge.

He's funny as hell though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I should be a little more open minded about this.

After all, I was almost unfairly banned from Cake Poker in 2007 for "best balling and whip-sawing", and they were going to seize my 46k there. I had not cheated in any way, and they refused to provide me with any evidence that I had done so. Another high limit player was also banned. I somehow talked their moronic security guy out of it, after it seemed he was digging his heels in and refusing to reverse his decision. Perhaps it was because I was threatening to expose it all over the internet, including on my own site.

So perhaps this guy really got unfairly banned by Merge. I was skeptical because of his weird statement at the end about folding kings, and because I have known Merge to err on the side of inaction. That is, they seem to be too permissive about bots/collusion/etc, rather than too trigger-happy.

I am also a bit suspicious because this guy won't explain why Merge is closing his account. He is reading their final closure letter, but none of the communications before that.

Can someone invite him here to explain himself? I'll even be glad to put him on a radio show (either our upcoming pilot, or a special one just about this topic) if he would like. However, I'm going to ask the tough questions and attempt to get to the bottom of it.

Load Metric
    "best balling and whip-sawing"
    I threw my back out doing this with a POF girl one time

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So how do we get a hold of this dude and ask him to tell his side of the story here?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So how do we get a hold of this dude and ask him to tell his side of the story here?
    Nah he hates poker forums. It may of been because he broadcast live or whatever. I just think they should offer him the chance to cashout, which I doubt he would accept anyhow. He's said on many occasions he has no intention of cashing out, that money is for his poker show. It's amazing how deep he runs considering he's one of the tightest players I've ever seen.

Dudes got some pretty good coin in the bank, not 7 figure Dan Druff amounts but he's doin ok.

Druff how much money you got, are you really a millionaire?
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 05-01-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Nah he hates poker forums. It may of been because he broadcast live or whatever. I just think they should offer him the chance to cashout, which I doubt he would accept anyhow.
    Then there's pretty much nowhere to go with this until we get more information.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Nah he hates poker forums. It may of been because he broadcast live or whatever. I just think they should offer him the chance to cashout, which I doubt he would accept anyhow.
    I've listened to this guy. He's hilarious.

We've all experienced the bad beats he discusses but if he's so certain it's rigged why does he continue playing?

I think he's so jaded that he feels he must fold KK, QQ, 10/10, because he knows the DOOM hammer is coming on the turn or river. He continues playing but employs an odd strategy to beat the 'rigged' RNG deck. That's why I strongly feel this guy never cheated.

Who cares if he hates poker forums? Get him as a radio guest! I think he'll be great.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Merge has offered to send him a check for the account balance. That's fair in my book, can't really blame them for not wanting his business.

CASE CLOSED imo
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 05-01-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Magic is god. I used to speak with him a fair amount in his shows. He is back on semi regularly now, isn't he? I will tell him, if there is any forum for him, this is it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Magic is god. I used to speak with him a fair amount in his shows. He is back on semi regularly now, isn't he? I will tell him, if there is any forum for him, this is it.
    DJ try to get him here. That guy is in a class all by himself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    DJ try to get him here. That guy is in a class all by himself.
    Can we also invite Bill Fillmaff and have them play heads up for rolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    this is not the first time i've heard of this practice but all the previous times i've heard of this happening on merge it was because the customer had contacted the KGC and/or another regulatory body with complaints. they even told the people that they had the right to refuse their business without provocation and but then went on to mention their formal complaints as part of the reason which I found to be pretty outrageous; even if its allowed...its just immature and wtf is the KGC doing sharing the names of these people with merge??

ill look around later and post the links, but i'm 99% sure these guys did nothing wrong, technically, but were stilled perma-banned from the entire network and even a few cases of people not getting their money after this happened.

Thread Information