Thread: Eric Holder = WORST attorney general ever

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Eric Holder = WORST attorney general ever

Remember the VA scandal, where lots of veterans died because VA hospitals were playing scheduling games in order to make it look like they were treating people?

Apparently it's a lot worse than first reported. It is now estimated that over 1000 veterans died because of being put on fake waiting lists, which was mostly motivated by the greedy desire of managers at these facilities to get performance bonuses.

Yes, 1000+ veterans died because of this. That's over 1/3 of the number of people we lost on 9/11.

Watch these two heartbreaking videos on CNN and tell me you don't get really pissed:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/24/us/sen...html?hpt=hp_t4

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/politi...rticle_sidebar

Amazingly, when one of the women forced by her bosses to create these fake schedules reported this to the authorities at the VA (backed by the accounts from a doctor at the facility), it was completely dismissed and covered up. Only when she and the doctor took this matter to CNN did it finally gain traction, and only by a huge shame job in the media.

It is now estimated that at least 64,000 veterans were denied care due to this scandal.

You would think that between the criminal behavior of the managers denying care to veterans in order to get performance bonuses, the intentional coverups by the oversight department at the VA, and the shocking death toll, attorney general Eric Holder would want a criminal investigation about this.

Apparently he doesn't.

The FBI is investigating. Every relevant law enforcement agency is BEGGING for the DoJ to get involved, but Holder won't answer them.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/jeff-mi...on-va-scandal/

Why won't Holder investigate it? Because the people he would be investigating would be fellow Democrats, including former VA Secretary Eric Shinseki.

There is a huge, independent, scathing report indicating that the entire VA system is corrupt and routinely ignores/covers up valid complaints.

Still, Holder won't investigate.

Same reason he won't investigate the credible reports that Harry Reid took a $1 million bribe from Full Tilt in 2010.

I realize that all AGs are partisan, but Holder takes this to a new level. To refuse to investigate a criminal scandal that cost over 1,000 lives of US veterans is just shameful, even by the standards of today's partisan politics.

Oh, and what is Obama saying about this? Very little, and the little he has said has been meaningless garbage.

You would think Obama would put pressure on his boy Holder to get to the bottom of this, but all Obama cares about is making his administration look like one big happy family.

Watching/reading shit like this really pisses me off, and just reaffirms my belief of the under-reported and under-publicized corruption in today's government.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, but wait, isn't this the Republicans' fault for not funding the VA system properly?

Maybe with better funding, those fine managers at the VA wouldn't have had to create those fake waiting lists, and the VA oversight department wouldn't have had to cover up complaints about it!

Ummmm....

Coburn's office says the VA has allocated about $20 billion since the beginning of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to numerous non-health-related projects, such as office makeovers, unused software licenses, undocumented purchases on government debit cards and the funding of call centers that received an average of 2.4 calls per day, among others.
    $20 billion wasted on bullshit, people.

But yeah, all the Republicans' fault.

Load Metric
    You act like this VA scandal has only been going on for a few years since Obama took office.

Bullshit!!! I bet it's been going on for decades.
    Why didn't George W Bush Jr take action when he was President?

Eric Holder is definitely one of the worst attorney generals but not because of the VA scandal.
    It's because of his refusal to prosecute anyone on Wall Street for financial crimes and for not destroying BP.

BP has done permanent damage to the gulf of mexico, they used chemicals that were banned overseas, the seafood industry will never recover, they bring in about 15% of the seafood they were catching before and half that are damaged, have tumors, are covered in oil and chemicals. Don't eat any seafood from the gulf of mexico. How is BP allowed to do business in this country after this shit happened?

I'm sure the VA will be investigated and people will lose their jobs and be prosecuted, but that takes time.
    Still I doubt that will change the VA very much.

I heard for decades that the VA has had real shitty doctors who are incompetent and don't give a shit.
    If your a veteran, don't get a VA doctor, spend your own money and get a real one, it might save your life.

Comments

LLL: gets it

big dick: sure does

Load Metric
    Government managing health care/hospitals - or anything else - is certain to be a guaranteed fail.

If you have ever bid and perhaps won a government contract you have experienced enough to appreciate working with our country's best & brightest. Tell me you didn't hammer the ever lovin shit outta some civil servant administrator with beau coup extras. Politicians and civil servants are idiots & criminals seeking refuge from the rigors of free enterprise.

Funding for veterans benefits is a national embarrassment. $4-5 trillion for 14 year war effort & the Senate filibustered a proposed measly $25 billion increase in VA funding last February.

The scandal is not really a funding issue but a retarded incentive plan created by civil servants.

Mad & thoroughly disgusted but old enough to accept this as the norm.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-25-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    You act like this VA scandal has only been going on for a few years since Obama took office.

Bullshit!!! I bet it's been going on for decades.
    Why didn't George W Bush Jr take action when he was President?

Eric Holder is definitely one of the worst attorney generals but not because of the VA scandal.
    It's because of his refusal to prosecute anyone on Wall Street for financial crimes and for not destroying BP.

BP has done permanent damage to the gulf of mexico, they used chemicals that were banned overseas, the seafood industry will never recover, they bring in about 15% of the seafood they were catching before and half that are damaged, have tumors, are covered in oil and chemicals. Don't eat any seafood from the gulf of mexico. How is BP allowed to do business in this country after this shit happened?

I'm sure the VA will be investigated and people will lose their jobs and be prosecuted, but that takes time.
    Still I doubt that will change the VA very much.

I heard for decades that the VA has had real shitty doctors who are incompetent and don't give a shit.
    If your a veteran, don't get a VA doctor, spend your own money and get a real one, it might save your life.
    GW Bush didn't take action because there wasn't a huge scandal calling his attention to this sort of criminal behavior.

There's a difference between the VA just generally sucking (which has been common knowledge for a long time) and an extreme situation like this.

I don't blame Obama for this occurring during his Presidency. I blame him for standing behind the then-secretary of the VA and not pressing for his resignation. I also blame him for not pressuring Holder to put politics aside and to start a real criminal investigation on this.

You can't expect a President to personally oversee all of the various government agencies, but you can expect him to act like a leader and take the proper steps to address situations like these once they occur. Obama has not done that. He has never done it. He stood behind Kathleen Sebellius after the Obamacare website debacle, he stood behind Eric Shinseki of the VA, and now he's standing back and letting Holder stonewall and investigation of the VA situation.

According to the CNN video, people are STILL covering shit up at the VA and still changing records to this day, and nobody is stopping it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Government managing health care/hospitals - or anything else - is certain to be a guaranteed fail.

If you have ever bid and perhaps won a government contract you have experienced enough to appreciate working with our country's best & brightest. Tell me you didn't hammer the ever lovin shit outta some civil servant administrator with beau coup extras. Politicians and civil servants are idiots & criminals seeking refuge from the rigors of free enterprise.

Funding for veterans benefits is a national embarrassment. $4-5 trillion for 14 year war effort & the Senate filibustered a proposed measly $25 billion increase in VA funding last February.

The scandal is not really a funding issue but a retarded incentive plan created by civil servants.

Mad & thoroughly disgusted but old enough to accept this as the norm.
    Mostly agree what you wrote, but extra funding at the VA wouldn't have prevented this.

As you'll read in the article, they wasted $20 billion on all kinds of bullshit.

It's more of a mismanagement/greed/corruption issue than a lack of funding issue.

In fact, the worst thing you can do is feed extra tax dollars into a corrupt organization.

Load Metric
    Worst ever? Not even close. Eric Holder is a choirboy compared to John Mitchell and A. Mitchell Palmer.
    Last edited by Jayjami; 06-26-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Load Metric
    @rum dick you're off the hook.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information