Thread: guest suggestion for radio

Silver
    Load Metric

guest suggestion for radio

travis makar, perhaps this time around you guys can give him the opportunity to finish a sentence. i'm sure he still has a couple of things to say, now that a bit of time has past.

cheers,

megabuddha

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by superallah View Post
    travis makar, perhaps this time around you guys can give him the opportunity to finish a sentence. i'm sure he still has a couple of things to say, now that a bit of time has past.

cheers,

megabuddha
    I think Travis has said all he's going to, for the time being (or maybe forever).

Not sure what motivated his "coming out" last year. Maybe he was tired of seeing his name showing up on google as a cheater, and wanted to do what he could to clear it without incriminating himself.

I did personally meet with him and hear some of the tapes he played of meetings in the UB office. Pretty fucked up stuff. They really did appear to be meeting to discuss who they could get away without paying back.

Your characterization of our interview is unfair, though. This wasn't just a regular interview where you ask a question and let the guest spout off for as long as he wanted. We had a LOT of important questions to get out, and it wasn't clear how long Travis would stay on the phone. Remember, we had ZERO time to prepare (he just blindsided us with a phone call during radio), and I wanted to fire off as many good questions as possible. I don't feel we interrupted him to where it stopped him from revealing anything additional.

Silver
    Load Metric
    i'm assuming people who have been involved with "the old ub" are more willing to speak up now that time has gone by, but i might be wrong. and i was being unfair.

how about haley, i'm pretty sure she can fill up an interesting hour.

Load Metric
    I have a few obvious suggestions

Brandon OBV

Detchord. ( anamanitum)

Slim p just for the poetry

Joy Miller she is always fun

Andrew Robbie he has good blog

Danial N soap box king

Noah Sd

Nck Rainey

Hailey H

Jesep

Pokeratti Dan

Kevmath might be cutting Jasep's lawn there
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    I would like to see you have Gavin Griffin on if possible(not sure after his cock on DD thread). I read his article about having to go to much lower stakes than he was accustomed to due to poor bankroll management. I think that this is the type of thing that could help a lot of players, myself included. Link below if you haven't read the article.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...stakes-grinder

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I would like to see you have Gavin Griffin on if possible(not sure after his cock on DD thread). I read his article about having to go to much lower stakes than he was accustomed to due to poor bankroll management. I think that this is the type of thing that could help a lot of players, myself included. Link below if you haven't read the article.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...stakes-grinder
    From everything I've seen and read, Gavin Griffin is a great guy. (He's the opposite of the "other" well known Gavin in poker, who is a known scumbag in several ways.)

I actually felt bad about my association with NWP when seeing him in person. Yes, he was stupid to send penis pictures and $6k to a scammer, but he was young and naive. While the story was funny, it also hurt a good guy. I felt a lot worse about this than I did for David Williams, who isn't known to be nearly as nice.

Perhaps I'll send him an e-mail and try to make amends. He never confronted me about the NWP stuff, and I technically had nothing to do with it, but I was heavily associated with that site, and therefore can't completely pass the buck.

I'm surprised to read that article. Gavin never struck me as one of those young degenerates who was bad with money. I always assumed he was one of the few young-but-responsible tourney pros, who had enough poker skill to keep himself well-off. Another one I put in that category is NWP's own charder30, who I was unfortunate enough to get stuck with at TWO WSOP Main Event tables last year. (He cashed and ran deep for the second year in a row, I barely missed doing so.)

Anyway, Gavin must have made some REALLY bad bankroll decisions in 2011, given the fact that he had $5 million in cashes and, according to the blog, his problems didn't seem to start until last year.

I do admire him for stepping down and trying to "rebuild" as low as $8/$16, rather than marrying himself to high limits and forever borrowing from people.

Having to "start over" in poker after past success is one of the biggest nightmares you can have in this game. I always reminded myself of that when losing for an extended period of time, and always set a limit for myself as to how much I'd lose before I'd hit the panic button and change something.

Load Metric
    Also any player who has "secured" a seat to the Epic Poker million dollar freeroll.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Jesep

Pokeratti Dan

Load Metric
    I would suggest getting "ahh snap" or "$kill Game" or someone else who is owed money by Lindgren to appear on the show.

I would also try a concerted effort to smooth things over with Mason and David at 2+2.

My 2 cents.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post

I would also try a concerted effort to smooth things over with Mason and David at 2+2.
    100%

Load Metric
    Do whatever you have to do to get Slim P on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    As unsavory as it sounds.......+1.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    As unsavory as it sounds.......+1.
    -1 2p2 is the antithesis of what this site seeks to be. Fuck that miserable, controlling, ego maniac.

Load Metric
    Mason Malmuth is an ass and never should have went on banning spree but it was over the top what some of the people did to that poor girl who was living with Sklansky. Don't know the whole story but they posted pics of her and if she saw them or heard about it --it must have been incredibly humiliating for that poor girl and her family.

Comments

sonatine: ("test");

Thread Information